DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Fantasy investor 2018

Inoperational Bumblebee

thats the trouble with spreadsheets, you have an idea so sort of build a structure, then you add some more .... and some more .... and some more, then you may decide that doing another way might be easier to read, so rehash it or restructure it, sometimes scrapping it and starting again from scratch, i suppose its what you can live with and what is an easish way to automate parts and make it meaniningful, like the sheet2 that someones set up, ive added some conditional formatting to colourise it a bit and some scraped values where they arent immediately importable, but im not a fan of wide sheets, i prefer the scroller type, but obviously they disagree, it is just horses for courses and often one size wont fit all.

It is open, i back it up once a day, so if you reckon you can make a nicer looking/more useful one then please just add a new one and have a go, im not going to delete any of them and i wont close them off ever, imnot infallible and im open to suggestion. It way well be that putting the UIDs horizontal and just listing all the shares/instruments down the side(verticlally) and then picking off who chose what would be better, or maybe theres a better way?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

thats the trouble with spreadsheets, you have an idea so sort of build a structure, then you add some more .... and some more .... and some more, then you may decide that doing another way might be easier to read, so rehash it or restructure it, sometimes scrapping it and starting again from scratch, i suppose its what you can live with and what is an easish way to automate parts and make it meaniningful, like the sheet2 that someones set up, ive added some conditional formatting to colourise it a bit and some scraped values where they arent immediately importable, but im not a fan of wide sheets, i prefer the scroller type, but obviously they disagree, it is just horses for courses and often one size wont fit all.

It is open, i back it up once a day, so if you reckon you can make a nicer looking/more useful one then please just add a new one and have a go, im not going to delete any of them and i wont close them off ever, imnot infallible and im open to suggestion. It way well be that putting the UIDs horizontal and just listing all the shares/instruments down the side(verticlally) and then picking off who chose what would be better, or maybe theres a better way?

Thanks for all your efforts Lennie..

We'll get there in the end.

i might just stick my current portfolio in there and see how it stacks up, mind you its probably getting on for 2/3rds of sheet 2 size, so a bit big.

hard to divide £36.23 across that many stocks/funds.

Democorruptcy
2 hours ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Gambling winnings is tax free. Although i would have to question if he could have found a bookie that would have taken that bet so fast xD

I think you have more chance of getting £100k on at 1-8 than £12.5k on at 8/1, less downside for them.

The bet didn't have to be at one place, I could have gone down the line!

1 hour ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Still need to think of mine! I'm feeling somewhat apathetic right now though.

surely you gotta btfd on Apple?

$200 bucks cheep cheep.

For the 2018 comp I think you've got to have a Fang stock due a bounce.

years ago i watched domino pizza go into an equity rally for a few days, but strangely saw domino printing go into a rally as well, the pizza place had good news/sales/outlets etc at the time, the printer had no news and had been fairly benign for years, i often wondered if idiots had read the news and accidentally bought the first domino stock they saw thinking it was pizza but actually was printing. Must have been a fair old chunk of dicks to actually move the price (unless the market makers couldnt believe their luck and just pumped it up on any demand).

Many thanks for adding my selections Leonardratso.  With this fantasy money I sleep very soundly:).............I'm sure it'll be different when I play (sorry invest) for real with real stocks.  At the mo I'm still in cash on the sidelines.  Still, with DB pointing us in the right direction maybe we'll all be winners.

1 hour ago, Harley said:

I'm going for the George Best portfolio so if you could just give me the £100k that'll be great thanks.

so £100K of whisky coming your way, first you have try this new liver on for size, shag miss world here and kick this football around for a few years (between drinking sessions).

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

so £100K of whisky coming your way, first you have try this new liver on for size, shag miss world here and kick this football around for a few years (between drinking sessions).

Fine.  I wasn't intending on being around to repay it when I lose!  Or I thought I'd go all Apple and redefine winning in terms of "enrichment".

Anyways, better get going, lots to get done. 

£100k on LNGA 

looks like a US gas spike, but far to risky for real money as I found out when the wave of fracked gas arrived 10 odd years ago 

its at 32.88 today for the record 

LNGA is like my SSLV, london listed but in us dollars.

Crypto turns on a dime though, +11% today -20% next week, bit like gold miners. hehehe.

2 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

Crypto turns on a dime though, +11% today -20% next week, bit like gold miners. hehehe.

Maybe but if this is the bottom... 

Just now, Green Devil said:

Maybe but if this is the bottom... 

haha, yeah, its unpredictable, i reckon the bottom is zero. for all of them.

1 minute ago, leonardratso said:

haha, yeah, its unpredictable, i reckon the bottom is zero. for all of them.

haha, do we options to trade out? if tron puts on 100% id like to bank my fantasy profit, just in case it goes to zero

lets see, 100% x 0 real enrichment units = 0 real life dollars, yes dont see why you cant trade out.

guaranteed if you had put real money into it, it would be massively -ve by now.

Maybe im wrong but people with more then 1 item percentages seem to be wrong

Take spunko for example has 1 item and column G is taking the total percentage of that 1 item from column F as it should

Anyone with more then 1 item should'nt it then just add together the percentages in column F as above

For example if XRP is up 9.82% and gold is down 2.14% how is the total -2.13%

doineedone XRP/GBP 35.74 39.25 3.51 9.82%  
  spot gold 1oz 123560.00 120920.00 -2,640.00 -2.14% -2.13%

another example total profit loss % -1.95% even though he is up nearly 20% on lon:infa

ponty mython lon:infa 0.51 0.61 0.10 19.61%  
  tse:tgz 353.00 346.00 -7.00 -1.98% -1.95%

yeah the currency should really be normalised to 1 - probably gbp, but ignoring that, the assumption was that each person bought 1 share of each, so for ponty;

total spent=0.51+353=353.51

worth now=0.61+346=346.61

profit/loss=346.61-354.51

=-6.9

%loss=(-6.9/353.51) x 100 =-1.95%

its because the lon:infa is so cheap that its huge +ve effect on the overall loss is negligible.

castlevania complained about just adding up the %ages up thread, which is correct really since ponty would have a 17% increase if we just added up the %ages, but obviously s/he hasnt gained overall 17% because they are up 0.10 pence on 1 share and 7 dollars down on another, had they been 17% up then their networth would be

353.51 x 1.17% = 413.61

but it is in fact 346.61(column d total).

Yes I realise its inaccurate because of FX, but its at least consistently inaccurate in the numbers, the %ages will only be affected by changes in fx rates since buying, ill maybe get round to building the conversion into it, unless someone else wants to have a faff, we have conversion rates [gbp/cad and gbp/usd] up at the top right in grey, we can seperate that concat to 2 columns and just use the ratios on pulled values to normalise.

OK choads, can you go thru your picks and make sure they make sense, Ive changed the laddos thus;

1.the exchange rate (usdgbp|cadgbp) as per 03/11/2018 was your buy price in gdx (pence).

2.the exchange rate (usdgbp|cadgbp) as per now [google finance] is your current value in gbx (pence).

Any errata - please fix em up and notify in case i fecked up holistically.

• 2 weeks later...

i told you the crypto would become crapto. Malthus got real lucky with LNGA.

Do you want to see a grown man cry?  Check out this knob who recently blew his clients wads on natural gas shorting after failing to short oil.

On 20/11/2018 at 19:35, leonardratso said:

i told you the crypto would become crapto. Malthus got real lucky with LNGA.

Do you want to see a grown man cry?  Check out this knob who recently blew his clients wads on natural gas shorting after failing to short oil.

Still very volatile 

No idea how to add myself to the sheet @leonardratso

1 hour ago, Malthus said:

Still very volatile 

No idea how to add myself to the sheet @leonardratso

your already on it with lon:lnga currently king of the heap.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lggMOk7ZJd0TkFQamiN_jWgyhnJ3kLuJ2BhmjFmbVwY/edit#gid=1662780564

bottom line

youve been on it since 03 or 04 /11, i saw at one point your LNGA was +65% or maybe +68%, still riding high at the mo at +20 odd %.

Archived