• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Ok, own up, who is it?

Recommended Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6380139/Software-engineer-lives-lifesize-dolls-told-stay-away-schoolfriend-tracked-down.html

An obsessed engineer who stalked a woman he had fallen in love with 50 years earlier has been landed with a five year restraining order after he pursued her once again. 

Everard Cunion, 62, admitted stalking Julie Taylor- once Julie Allen - saying he 'never got over' her despite having not seen her since they left school in 1972.

The lifelong bachelor decided to try and get back in touch with her earlier this year after losing his job made him re-evaluate what was important in life, Poole Magistrates Court was told.

The court heard he had 'hurt her' while at school, but details over their falling out were not given. 

Mr Cunion, who lives with nine life-size dolls at his home in Christchurch,

 

o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy doesn't need a restraining order, he needs psychotherapy.

[IMO he's had a lifetime of limerence, and it's led to all sorts of problems including the crazy dolls]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dgul said:

The guy doesn't need a restraining order, he needs psychotherapy.

[IMO he's had a lifetime of limerence, and it's led to all sorts of problems including the crazy dolls]

Thank you, I’ve learnt a new word today 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wherebee said:

Poor bastard.  He'll be hounded out of his house, mark my words.

 

Then again, someone with that level of oneitis does deserve a slap.

That video clip is over 10 years old... still seems to live in Christchurch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I suspect he should be pitied rather than mocked. Sounds like there is acute loneliness there along with some issues that should have been addressed decades ago.

Maybe he should be introduced to this woman

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6380685/Mother-three-claims-loneliest-woman-UK.html

A mother-of-three has dubbed herself the loneliest women in Britain after making no friends for over a decade and visiting supermarkets just to chat to strangers.

Emily Fox, 32, is sharing her experience of loneliness to illustrate that the feeling doesn't just affect the elderly.

The single mum from Wolverhampton, West Midlands, claims she often doesn't speak to a single adult for weeks on end.

And, when she does, it's often strangers in local supermarkets that she chats to as a way of coping with her crippling loneliness.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is why it is important to socialise and meet new people and increase your social circle. Make an effort if you are invited to meal or a party, even if it is only once a month or three!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6380139/Software-engineer-lives-lifesize-dolls-told-stay-away-schoolfriend-tracked-down.html

An obsessed engineer who stalked a woman he had fallen in love with 50 years earlier has been landed with a five year restraining order after he pursued her once again. 

Everard Cunion, 62, admitted stalking Julie Taylor- once Julie Allen - saying he 'never got over' her despite having not seen her since they left school in 1972.

The lifelong bachelor decided to try and get back in touch with her earlier this year after losing his job made him re-evaluate what was important in life, Poole Magistrates Court was told.

The court heard he had 'hurt her' while at school, but details over their falling out were not given. 

Mr Cunion, who lives with nine life-size dolls at his home in Christchurch,

 

o.O

He's not an engineer, he's a technical writer:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/everardcunion/

He looks quite normal from that profile. Imagine interviewing the guy for a job and asking him if he had an interesting hobbies outside of work?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wherebee said:

I always say 'reading' and 'hillwalking'.  White lies...

Ha! It's not a question I'd ask these days - I'm guessing HR wouldn't like it - but I used to enjoy some of the answers I got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, One percent said:

Maybe he should be introduced to this woman

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6380685/Mother-three-claims-loneliest-woman-UK.html

A mother-of-three has dubbed herself the loneliest women in Britain after making no friends for over a decade and visiting supermarkets just to chat to strangers.

Emily Fox, 32, is sharing her experience of loneliness to illustrate that the feeling doesn't just affect the elderly.

The single mum from Wolverhampton, West Midlands, claims she often doesn't speak to a single adult for weeks on end.

And, when she does, it's often strangers in local supermarkets that she chats to as a way of coping with her crippling loneliness.

 

Very sad.

If we go by the Norweigan figures - bearing in mind that Norway tops the polls consistently for world happiness - of 15% of the population who feel accute loneliness every day then that means a good 7 or 8 million Brits feel accutely lonely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Very sad.

If we go by the Norweigan figures - bearing in mind that Norway tops the polls consistently for world happiness - of 15% of the population who feel accute loneliness every day then that means a good 7 or 8 million Brits feel accutely lonely.

I think with this woman, it’s a state of mind. With children, there are plenty of opportunities to meet people and mix. For the bloke, he needs to get a dog...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6380139/Software-engineer-lives-lifesize-dolls-told-stay-away-schoolfriend-tracked-down.html

An obsessed engineer who stalked a woman he had fallen in love with 50 years earlier has been landed with a five year restraining order after he pursued her once again. 

Everard Cunion, 62, admitted stalking Julie Taylor- once Julie Allen - saying he 'never got over' her despite having not seen her since they left school in 1972.

The lifelong bachelor decided to try and get back in touch with her earlier this year after losing his job made him re-evaluate what was important in life, Poole Magistrates Court was told.

The court heard he had 'hurt her' while at school, but details over their falling out were not given. 

Mr Cunion, who lives with nine life-size dolls at his home in Christchurch,

 

o.O

I wouldn't stalk a woman without bagpipes. You know I am in the engineering business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, One percent said:

I think with this woman, it’s a state of mind. With children, there are plenty of opportunities to meet people and mix. For the bloke, he needs to get a dog...  

I have often thought one of the nightmarish things about being a woman is that, if you become a mum, then you are forced into having to be part of the local mum's network. By all accounts - observing these things from the outside as a single man with no kids - they can be incredibly bitchy, soul-destroying things with nasty pieces of work dominating them deciding on a whim who is in and who is out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrPin said:

I wouldn't stalk a woman without bagpipes. You know I am in the engineering business.

Do you mean, you only stalk women carrying bagpipes, or that you only stalk whilst carrying bagpipes?  o.O

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

I have often thought one of the nightmarish things about being a woman is that, if you become a mum, then you are forced into having to be part of the local mum's network. By all accounts - observing these things from the outside as a single man with no kids - they can be incredibly bitchy, soul-destroying things with nasty pieces of work dominating them deciding on a whim who is in and who is out.

I never got into it. Could not stand it. A bunch of social climbing back stabbing bitches....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Do you mean, you only stalk women carrying bagpipes, or that you only stalk whilst carrying bagpipes?  o.O

I never got into it. Could not stand it. A bunch of social climbing back stabbing bitches....  

 

It takes - again, from what I have observed - extraordinary determination to not get involved in it. It seems to me that being part of, or not part of, the right mum's clique can have serious rammifications on your child's upbringing, schooling, social interaction and friendships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.