• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

onlyme

The Media War

That's very interesting My last company, despite their "inclusion" posters didn't seem to employ women in technical roles. Now I know I'm a nerd, but in room of 30 people you expect 3 women, Yes not 50%. The ones employed are good, otherwise they wouldn't be sitting at the desk.

13 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Video is spot on, kind of like why we have had to start this forum. 

Yep. And if their tentacles can reach down into the depths of HPC then what are they threatening/saying to the mainstream websites?

The worst thing is that the advertisers didn't build shit, they want the exposure but not the content. What a bunch of fucking wankers.

We might just see a more "alt" ad company taking some ground. The big platforms have decided they don't want certain content will lose more market share over time. Youtube was part of the anti establishment originally, something new will take its place. Facebook will probably become a site where you keep in touch with your granny.

Facebook is neither use nor fucking ornament any more. I absolutely detest it, I don't think anything else in modern times is more responsible for turning vast swathes of society into such self absorbed, sanctimonious dicks, than Facebook. 

It's also a pet hate of mine when it's quoted by the media as a 'source'. You'd be better off heading to the local kindergarten for their opinion on world events than relying on bloody Facebook.

Humph. >:(

Edited by Sgt Hartman

6 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Facebook is neither use nor fucking ornament any more. I absolutely detest it, I don't think anything else in modern times is more responsible for turning vast swathes of society into such self absorbed, sanctimonious dicks, than Facebook. 

It's also a pet hate of mine when it's quoted by the media as a 'source'. You'd be better off heading to the local kindergarten for their opinion on world events than relying on bloody Facebook.

Humph. >:(

Close run thing with twitter. 

On 28/03/2017 at 00:40, onlyme said:

The counter-play is gaining support.

I watched Styx live covering the most recent American election. Fabulous. He seemed to be unbiased regarding the outcome of the election, knew about different areas and what the results meant regarding the areas and was overall very interesting to listen to. By about 2.30am IIRC called it very likely a win for Trump. Several times I flicked to other coverage of the results coming in but none of them came even to close to Styx.

Hopefully independent people like him will thrive and prosper in the media war.

4 hours ago, wherebee said:

Another example of the propaganda being pushed out by the dying media.

Can you see the careful spin?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/10/dna-project-reveals-half-residents-tested-cotswold-village-related/

I read the headline a few days ago and immediately knew what the agenda was - did not bother reading the article.

4 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

I watched Styx live covering the most recent American election. Fabulous. He seemed to be unbiased regarding the outcome of the election, knew about different areas and what the results meant regarding the areas and was overall very interesting to listen to. By about 2.30am IIRC called it very likely a win for Trump. Several times I flicked to other coverage of the results coming in but none of them came even to close to Styx.

Just want to back you up on that.  I find Styx remarkably good and very astute.  He must surely be heading for high places.  One of my "go to" sites for honest, inciteful comments. 

4 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

I was fascinating on that night switching over to him. Uncanny how detailed and accurate he was.

He's shuffling all of his viewers over to Vidme amid the latest demonetisation push.