• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Happy Renting

THE REMAIN TRAP

Who will be Tory leader on 1st January 2019?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Tory leader on 1st January 2019?

• Treason May :(
    • David Davis
    • Sajid Javid
    • Boris
    • Andrea Leadsom
    • Jacob Rees-Mogg
    • Jeremy Hunt
    • Dominic Raab
    • Michael Gove
    • Penny Mordaunt
    • Someone else / Don't care

15 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I have pointed out that there is not enough time to hold a Second Referendum as things stand.

So this is what I think will happen:

While the UK is blowing around like a fart in a colander wondering whether to have a Tory Leadership Contest/General Election/Second Referendum, the EU will meet in secret.

They will then generously announce they are giving us 3 extra months to sort things out.

It is called "giving the UK enough rope to hang itself."

They will then do everything possible behind the scenes to get us to hold a second Referendum, and vote Remain.

Once that trap is set, and we have painted ourselves into a corner, they will totally butt-rape us as explained in my OP.

The Quislings in the UK Parliament will then be rewarded with EU tax-free sinecures, or strung up from lamp-posts across the UK. Time will tell.

Just watch.

They would also need to repeal the ‘Great Repeal Bill’ or whatever they called the Brexit legislation. I’m not convinced that they have the courage or cohesion to pull that off in the time left and with the current parliamentary arithmetic. 

To delay Brexit.

Edited by Horrified Onlooker
Clarity

18 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

I have pointed out that there is not enough time to hold a Second Referendum as things stand.

While the UK is blowing around like a fart in a colander wondering whether to have a Tory Leadership Contest/General Election/Second Referendum, the EU will meet in secret.

They will then generously announce they are giving us 3 extra months to sort things out.

They will then do everything possible behind the scenes to get us to hold a second Referendum, and vote Remain.

Once that trap is set, and we have painted ourselves into a corner, they will totally butt-rape us as explained in my OP.

The Quislings in the UK Parliament will then be rewarded with EU tax-free sinecures, or strung up from lamp-posts across the UK. Time will tell.

Just watch.

Or we give them the 3 months to make an offer better than the defaul WTO and all (or rather not), which we will then consider.  Stuff like what are we going to get for not throwing everyone out the country, for not demanding repayments for our share of EU assets and investments, for helping to protect the EU with our leading edge security forces and counter intelligence, etc, etc, etc.

Edited by Harley

13 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Just watch.

I agree with the above and that politicaly it will open the door to UKIP becoming a major player in Westminster.

8 minutes ago, Harley said:

Or we give them the 3 months to make an offer better than the defaul WTO and all (or rather not), which we will then consider.  Stuff like what are we going to get for not throwing everyone out the country, for not demanding repayments for our share of EU assets and investments, for helping to protect the EU with our leading edge security forces and counter intelligence, etc, etc, etc.

We do not have the power to "give them 3 months".  The EU can decide whether to delay our leaving,  or set aside Article 50. We can't.

May has thrown away all our negotiating cards.

9 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

I agree with the above and that politicaly it will open the door to UKIP becoming a major player in Westminster.

It will be too late.

25 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

We do not have the power to "give them 3 months".  The EU can decide whether to delay our leaving,  or set aside Article 50. We can't.

I was following on from your scenario of them offering 3 months.  And they can give it no more than we can demand it.  Both parties have to agree to any change.

1 hour ago, OurDayWillCome said:

In 10 years time. It takes time to mobilise a political party. There is not sufficient time between now and any potential election to gain sufficient traction. 

16 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

In 10 years time. It takes time to mobilise a political party. There is not sufficient time between now and any potential election to gain sufficient traction. 

Totally agree, but anything other than a clean break from Brussels will transform the future of politics in the UK.

1 hour ago, Sugarlips said:

Is there a ‘what shall we do with the spare £40 bil’ thread yet?

I vote we spend it all on pussy ..or a space station

Or do you mean both....

9 hours ago, The Generation Game said:

Indeed. It should have been "Right, we're off. What current rules do you want to keep and here's what we want in exchange for that?"

That's what people voted for. 

Leave the day after the referendum as promised by the then Prime Minister Cameron.  People were prepared to take the consequences of whatever that meant and according to those who wanted to stay the consequences would be awful.  Nevertheless the vote was to leave.

Whatever Leave might mean for Britain it was better than staying in the eu.

Edited by twocents

1 minute ago, twocents said:

That's what people voted for. 

Leave the day after the referendum as promised by the then Prime Minister Cameron.  People were prepared to take the consequences of whatever that meant and according to those who wanted to stay the consequences would be awful.  Nevertheless the vote was to leave..

Time for a song?

10 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Yup.

It'd erase the Tories from the map. 

They're a shower of shit but what's waiting in the wings is much worse...

That'll be "Labour" - then they can be erased from the map.

Edited by twocents

9 hours ago, Happy Renting said:

Actually, you left out us joining Trump and turning the screws on half of the EU membership to fulfil their NATO expenditure obligations.

We should have played hardball, like the EU has.

Instead, May is a fucking poodle.

Oh, and once the UK is outside the EU with our Trident submarines, Maricon's Toy Euro-army ambitions will have very little clout. It's NATO for Europe, or nothing.

Then when they tried to make their own Trident they could be treated like Iran.

8 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Depends what is on the ballot. If there is one it'll be a 3 way referendum:

1. Remain
  2. Leave (under May's shitty deal terms)
  3. Leave outright

They'll be hoping it splits the leave vote just enough for Remain to win.

Then the electoral system would be even more corrupt and self serving than most people could have ever believed (is that possible) .

In that case there should maybe be at least one other option in addition to those three options.

Maybe that option should be

4.  Remain - under Cameron's "negotiated" terms. 

Likely there are some extra categories that could be included under the general category of Remain to split the Remain vote down further.

Edited by twocents

5 minutes ago, Bingobob said:

We are not being allowed to leave. We have lost our liberty. Apparently we lost hundreds of thousands of lives, yet won two world wars to achieve this state. Has any nation fallen from grace so dramatically and quickly as the UK? Even Ireland are dictating terms to us FFS (no disrespect to the Irish).

Yes - British history seems to have been written by experts in the art of Baloney, self servery and all the various forms of manipulation.

36 minutes ago, One percent said:

Time for a song?

xD

I’ve had to listen to a remoaner a certain number of hours every week for the past two years.

I have always shut down the “conversation” by saying “Don’t worry, just chill and listen to the eagles song Hotel California.....you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave”. It works every time. 

If I could sing I would deliver a personal rendition of the song to the person next week

1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

xD

I’ve had to listen to a remoaner a certain number of hours every week for the past two years.

I have always shut down the “conversation” by saying “Don’t worry, just chill and listen to the eagles song Hotel California.....you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave”. It works every time. 

If I could sing I would deliver a personal rendition of the song to the person next week

I will accompany you on the guitar.

7 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I will accompany you on the guitar.

xD

Perhaps I could get some vocal training and we could hire ourselves out for parties to leaver people who want to reassure their remainer acquaintances that it’s looking unlikely that we’ll ever escape the eu.

1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

xD

Perhaps I could get some vocal training and we could hire ourselves out for parties to leaver people who want to reassure their remainer acquaintances that it’s looking unlikely that we’ll ever escape the eu.

The elves are leaving middle earth.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Time for a song?

As you ask and as we've just had Remembrance Day, the despicable treatment of SoldierX and we've just now been reminded of the continuing acts of treachery by the British government I think it's maybe apt to remember the Forces' Favourite Vera Lynn.

Edited by twocents