DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Subway (food) closures

Ash4781b

12 minutes ago, One percent said:

Paper?  

Yes - the morning freebie rag that you get at the stations. 

Last week I got 15 quids worth of Iceland Vouchers so we did a staples stock up

3 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Yes - the morning freebie rag that you get at the stations. 

Last week I got 15 quids worth of Iceland Vouchers so we did a stables stock up

Ta. I never pick a copy up. I will now and sit on the tube with my scissors. xD

22 hours ago, Thorn said:

RE Subway IIRC they do not care if another local franchisee wants to set up within sight of your place, unlike say, Texaco would have done.

Why would they, when they get a cut of every sale, regardless of whether your 'partner'/ franchisee makes any money.

6 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Goes to show how marginal the whole franchise thing is that these companies' are relying on the profitability of there franchisees rather than the solvency of their customers-which is alos suspect.I've floated th idea of shorting Domino's before and will do but have to say to more you examine the logic behind it-particularly those who''ll let people set up next door to each other- they're effectively  asset strippers of their franchisees-don't get me wrong a few will make money but most won't.

I'd say that likely 80-90% of them make money, but not enough for it to be worth the risk/effort. A lot of the people in franchising are the sorts that get £50-100k redundancy money and splurge it straight away on such a franchise or a coffee shop to provide 'an income'. It gives them the illusion they're masters of their own destiny / self-employed, but they've just replaced one slave master with another.

1 hour ago, azzuri82 said:

I'd say that likely 80-90% of them make money, but not enough for it to be worth the risk/effort. A lot of the people in franchising are the sorts that get £50-100k redundancy money and splurge it straight away on such a franchise or a coffee shop to provide 'an income'. It gives them the illusion they're masters of their own destiny / self-employed, but they've just replaced one slave master with another.

This

Indeed and indeed!

M.C

10 hours ago, azzuri82 said:

There's making money.

And theres making enough money to cover the shit and stress running the operation.

For a place that can be like a monkey house, running from 7am to 11pm, 1k profit is not enough.

The only positive for the likes of MaccyD at least is that its not as bad as running a PubCo lease.

Archived