DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Price rises are not good...people catching on.

Kwyjibo

So this appeared in my local rag (online JPI media almost unusable website because of the ads) today.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/our-region/cambridgeshire/good-news-for-home-owners-as-peterborough-house-prices-up-by-2-in-september-1-8708637

In an office of three people, the 23 year old said "thats no good for me, it's making my deposit further away", the 43 year old with two kids growing up in a two bed and looking for a three bed to house his family in the future years said "that is just moving my chance of having an extra room further away", and me, who has silently been thinking house prices have been realistically way out of reach for years. Without prompting they said house prices rising are a very bad thing. People of all generations are waking up to this.

46 minutes ago, stuckmojo said:

And yet, the whole media industry and 80% of the idiot population believe HPI=good . A good find. 

Its been a long time since such a high percentage think HPI is good, hence the under 50s voting Labour in 2017.

Just now, Band said:

Its been a long time since such a high percentage think HPI is good, hence the under 50s voting Labour in 2017.

This is true, the trend is going the right way. Except for the same people making the logical leap that by voting labour things will improve for them, 9_9

1 minute ago, stuckmojo said:

This is true, the trend is going the right way. Except for the same people making the logical leap that by voting labour things will improve for them, 9_9

I think theyd crash  house prices, maybe not intentionally but when they plan to spend like no tomorrow interest rates will spike.

Just now, Band said:

I think theyd crash  house prices, maybe not intentionally but when they plan to spend like no tomorrow interest rates will spike.

I completely agree on that. However, not sure that the masses are that clever to think that strategically. Otherwise they would immediately curb their credit extension/spending/etc to be ready for the high IR/low asset prices scenario (which is what I'm doing).

Game_of_Homes
2 hours ago, Band said:

Only problem is, they'd probably steal appropriate the savings of anyone who has been frugal to give to their favoured demographic, so cheap houses but horrible areas and no money to buy them.

10 minutes ago, Game_of_Homes said:

Only problem is, they'd probably steal appropriate the savings of anyone who has been frugal to give to their favoured demographic, so cheap houses but horrible areas and no money to buy them.

The one thing Brexit on WTO and a Corbyn govt have got i common, is the predictions of catastrophe are greatly exaggerated ... and its the same people in the MSM/corporations who benefit from the status quo exaggerating it.

Whats he going to do, spend trillions we havent got, use taxpayers money to prop up ad boost house prices, get the BoE to give people cheap loans. print money, give billions to companies who sponsor the Labour party, and allow unlimited immigration ... and create an economy where youre as well off on benefits as the average job ..... as all this is the status quo. Worst he can do is double down on it.

Archived