DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Favourite Christmas Movie poll

spunko

What is your Favourite Christmas Movie (pick max. 2)  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apparently nearly all men pick Home Alone 1 and Die Hard. Let's see if it's true - I don't think it is...

I can't vote but I would choose National Lampoon's and Home Alone 1.

PS: Thanks to imdb for the list,  I wouldn't have had a clue.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

It’s a wonderful life. Love it and make time every Christmas to watch it. My kids laugh at me. :(

I think that might win, you can pick 2 though, just to stop it being a one horse race really. :D

Just now, spunko said:

I think that might win, you can pick 2 though, just to stop it being a one horse race really. :D

Ah too late..

gotta be Santa clause for the second. 

It's a Wonderful Life is my favourite. SPOILER ALERT: I sometimes stop it when George is on the bridge if I want to have a really depressing Christmas!

Honourable mention to Trading Places (not in the list above).

I'm an Elf fan.

I have watched about three christmasy films on Netflix so far this year.

The princess switch
christmas inheritance
and

erm.. can't remember. Am sure it was three.

Mrs Griswald was Milfy as fuck - google image search says time's not been kind though.

Also No Planes, Trains or Gremlins?

WTF kind of list is this?

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

My second choice would be an older bond movie.

Surely it has to be a film with a Christmas theme/plot/background, not just a film you like watching at Christmas?

54 minutes ago, Errol said:

Surely it has to be a film with a Christmas theme/plot/background, not just a film you like watching at Christmas?

I was working on the basis that if Die Hard is a Christmas movie,  then pretty much anything goes..

But if you need a tenuous link..   here is (a very hot) one:

https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/Christmas_Jones

I rest my case..  :D

Christmas_Jones_Denise_Richards_-_Profil

Die Hard is a Christmas movie, it's set at Christmas, albeit in LA where it's 30C, but you do see some Christmas trees and decorations if you look carefully. And the plot mentions it too, I think.

6 hours ago, Libspero said:

I was working on the basis that if Die Hard is a Christmas movie,  then pretty much anything goes..

But if you need a tenuous link..   here is (a very hot) one:

https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/Christmas_Jones

I rest my case..  :D

Christmas_Jones_Denise_Richards_-_Profil

Strange that I haven't seen her in anything else, in hindsight I look back now and wonder if she rejected Harvey's advances or something. O.o

Her imdb page has a lot of straight to video stuff on it https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000612/

zulu and jingle all the way,but krampas and black christmas are ok after a beer.the last film often gets the credit for starting the slasher genari type films,ie freddy kruger,scream and michael vordez/halloween type films

8 hours ago, Libspero said:

I was working on the basis that if Die Hard is a Christmas movie,  then pretty much anything goes.

Die Hard is a Christmas film - set at Christmas, with Christmas trees, Christmas jokes, Christmas music etc etc. Even the closing credits has a Christmas song!

3 hours ago, spunko said:

Strange that I haven't seen her in anything else, in hindsight I look back now and wonder if she rejected Harvey's advances or something. O.o

If you saw her and Neve in Wild Things you'd never guess she was shy..   although perhaps she has standards :D

1 hour ago, Errol said:

Die Hard is a Christmas film - set at Christmas, with Christmas trees, Christmas jokes, Christmas music etc etc. Even the closing credits has a Christmas song!

Pfft... circumstantial..  

For the sake of winning the argument I'm going to invoke the words of the great man himself,  Bruce Willis:

During his Comedy Central roast – where the likes of ex-wife Demi Moore poked fun at everything from his acting to baldness – the John McClane actor proclaimed: “Die Hard is not a Christmas movie. It’s a god damn Bruce Willis movie!”

:Jumping:

unregistered_guest

I really think it depends what mood you're in.

The only one from that list I'd choose to watch again would be the Muppets' Christmas Carol.

If I was after a cheesy feel-good type of movie, I'd probably go for Nativity.

For something more likely to creep the kids out though, it has to be Polar Express.

But this is a haven for geeky, nerdy types - where's the "Which Christmas Dr Who would you actually watch a second time?" thread?

However, if you're looking for something more religious - may I recommend the Toy That Saved Christmas ... you'll find it on youtube... 

5 hours ago, unregistered_guest said:

I really think it depends what mood you're in.

The only one from that list I'd choose to watch again would be the Muppets' Christmas Carol.

If I was after a cheesy feel-good type of movie, I'd probably go for Nativity.

For something more likely to creep the kids out though, it has to be Polar Express.

But this is a haven for geeky, nerdy types - where's the "Which Christmas Dr Who would you actually watch a second time?" thread?

However, if you're looking for something more religious - may I recommend the Toy That Saved Christmas ... you'll find it on youtube... 

I was going to put Polar Express on here but then I realised it's probably been on TV already as it's never bloody off air from October to February. Quite why I don't understand!

Got to be Christmas Vacation.

OK, the ending is weak, but it's a.. cracker. Love Chevy Chase.

"She'll see it later, honey. Her eyes are frozen."
"... drive you out into the middle of nowhere... leave you for dead.."
[the RV] "Yeah. It looks so nice parked in the driveway"
"If I woke up in the morning to find my head sewn into the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now"

That exchange with the neighbours:

"Where are you gonna put a tree that big?"
"Bend over, and I'll show you"
"You gotta lot of nerve talking to me like that"
"I wasn't talking to you"

Archived