• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

A new first for the So-Called BBC, breaking down boundaries, glass ceilings

Disappointing if BBC choose a woman just because they don't feel able to pick a man.

Hosting QT needs confidence, grace, intelligence, and the ability to listen, and think on your feet.

I can't think of a single female BBC with all the aces.

Typically they are flustered, shouty, aggressive, (Wark, Maitlis), extremely flustered, shouty, aggressive, (Jo Coburn), or NPC (Derbyshire).

A whole host of regional news presenters promoted to flagship primetime programmes. They are fine at reading autocue, and talking with Mums on The One Show about funny shaped vegetables.

By far the best choice to host QT would be the lovely Samira Ahmed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samira_Ahmed

37 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Disappointing if BBC choose a woman just because they don't feel able to pick a man.

Hosting QT needs confidence, grace, intelligence, and the ability to listen, and think on your feet.

I can't think of a single female BBC with all the aces.

Typically they are flustered, shouty, aggressive, (Wark, Maitlis), extremely flustered, shouty, aggressive, (Jo Coburn), or NPC (Derbyshire).

A whole host of regional news presenters promoted to flagship primetime programmes. They are fine at reading autocue, and talking with Mums on The One Show about funny shaped vegetables.

By far the best choice to host QT would be the lovely Samira Ahmed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samira_Ahmed

I think they just did not consider the obvious candidates - getting the Loose Women presenters to host it.

I'd be surprised if she did it, to be honest. She always came across as a haughty ex-public school/privileged toff who never wears the same clothes twice. To sit in such close proximity to the great unwashed must be her idea of hell.

Whenever I watch AR I always notice how short/dismissive/direct she is with members of the public, too, in the way that only those born into privilege can pull off. Not sure that would work on QT.

*NB: No disrespect meant to the privately educated DOSBODers!

Just now, spygirl said:

I think they just did not consider the obvious candidates - getting the Loose Women presenters to host it.

QT has a female editor.

Whatever faults BBC women have, they are to a man, fairly posh, and able to speak coherently under optimum conditions.

BBC female editors are even more posh.

No way they would be comfortable with any of the scruffy oiks from Loose Women.

2 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

QT has a female editor.

Whatever faults BBC women have, they are to a man, fairly posh, and able to speak coherently under optimum conditions.

BBC female editors are even more posh.

No way they would be comfortable with any of the scruffy oiks from Loose Women.

'Good Evening. Welcome to question time.

Tonight we are in (looks at paper) Neew.....castle (Quentin, where the fuck are we?)

Today in the audience we have people who dont live in West London and have never been to Tuscany. And their parents have never worked for the So-Called BBC (Is this right Quentin? Everyone on the staff have parents who worked for the So-Called BBC. Are there really any other jobs?)

And now our first question, yes, you the man in the red top .... stop there, SECURITY!!!! He's getting close. Shoot him!!!!  Dont let the dirty fucker touch me'

7 minutes ago, spunko said:

Whenever I watch AR I always notice how short/dismissive/direct she is with members of the public, too. Not sure that would work on QT.

Brucie Babe completely at ease chatting with retired Headmasters in leafy Cheshire about their Aunt''s ceramic elephant brought back from India.

The great unwashed all shouting at once, dropping their H and splitting infinitives will be rather unsettling.

Buses bringing baying mobs of Brambellistas, Student Union activists, right-wing agitators, left-wing fascists, and sleeping LibDem college lecturers, that make up a typical QT audience will freak out Fiona.

That's before she has to separate automaton politician and token comedian guests.

QT requires, more of a scrapper bird, able to rough it up. 

After all, even Dimbles has a tattoo.

It doesn't matter much does it.  It'll still be just another bbc propaganda slot of rubbish.

Apart from that apparently she's a feminist so viewers will just have to put up with that for a good few years.  In due course a sharia supporter will likely replace her.

Edited by twocents

I always felt that, back in the day, Mavis Nicholson was an absolutely superb interviewer and would have made a great QT host.

That she didn't achieve the status and recognition she deserved is down IMO to her being a woman.

Fiona Bruce is however a lightweight Kate Humble type presenter, pleasant in her own way but lightweight, and the only reason she is being talked about for the QT job is down IMO to her being a woman.

3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Was Robin Day called Dimbleby as well?

No. But he probably shagged Dimbleblys mother. Allegedly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/newsid_7753000/7753038.stm

After Dimbleby

Richard Dimbeley was succeeded by Robin Day who joined the programme as a reporter in 1959 helping to establish Panorama as the place for major political interviews.

In 1974 the Dimblebys' status as a broadcasting dynasty was confirmed when David Dimbleby followed in his father's footsteps and took the helm on the programme's 21st birthday.

Chris Evans replaced by a woman. Dr who is now female. The only saving grace is that linekar will go and be replaced by gabby yorath.

There will  be a female prime minister next.

Just now, NewryH said:

Chris Evans replaced by a woman. Dr who is now female. The only saving grace is that linekar will go and be replaced by gabby yorath.

There will  be a female prime minister next.

xD

3 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

BBC Head of Comedy & Light Entertainment confirms the new regular host of BBC Question Time will be Fiona Bruce.

So, QT is considered comedy and light entertainment?

Sort  of companion to HIGNFY

4 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

BBC Head of Comedy & Light Entertainment confirms the new regular host of BBC Question Time will be Fiona Bruce.

Will she changing her surname to Dimbleby?

37 minutes ago, Byron said:

So, QT is considered comedy and light entertainment?

Sort  of companion to HIGNFY

Well, the So-Called BBC are really pushed for middle management and executives. 

Head of programming cleans the bogs too.