• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

DOSBODS Black Friday Dissenters

14 minutes ago, 201p said:

Nothing sums up Black Friday like a fat biff taking a cheapo UHD telly to the face.

I've had a look at some 'deals'. What is this shite? There is absolutely nothing so well discounted that I'd fight my way through a crowd of George Romero's finest in order to get my hands on it.

It's bollocks.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

6 minutes ago, spunko said:

xD I am a rebel, I bought a full price jumper online last night at 23:40.

Cheers.

It's mug punters like you paying full price, that enables the retailers to have enough cash to do the discounts. I'm not saying everything is a bargain but digging for a nugget is well within the capabilities of your more tight-fisted dosbodder. 

I do have to buy a pair of straining posts and struts for a livestock fence from my local fencing supplier today.

Not expecting a stampede though... except perhaps from the cows in the next field. (Boom tish)

However, I do wish my accountants would stop emailing me about Black Friday offers and concentrate on filing my accounts correctly instead.

Just now, Democorruptcy said:

Cheers.

It's mug punters like you paying full price, that enables the retailers to have enough cash to do the discounts. I'm not saying everything is a bargain but digging for a nugget is well within the capabilities of your more tight-fisted dosbodder.  

I'm pretty sure they just jack the price up a few days/weeks before and discount by the same amount to lure in people. Only items that are genuinely reduced are things they need to shift as it's not being bought by anyone as it's undesirable (for whatever reason, most likely it's a rip-off or crap). No such thing as a free lunch etc.

Here's the jumper I bought. https://www.newlook.com/uk/mens/clothing/knitwear/camel-crew-neck-jumper/p/578532317?comp=Search

It's the same price, the discount applied is more, but the "RRP" is more too.. load of bollocks.

4 minutes ago, spunko said:

I'm pretty sure they just jack the price up a few days/weeks before and discount by the same amount to lure in people. Only items that are genuinely reduced are things they need to shift as it's not being bought by anyone as it's undesirable (for whatever reason, most likely it's a rip-off or crap). No such thing as a free lunch etc.

Here's the jumper I bought. https://www.newlook.com/uk/mens/clothing/knitwear/camel-crew-neck-jumper/p/578532317?comp=Search

It's the same price, the discount applied is more, but the "RRP" is more too.. load of bollocks.

Is that you?

you brush up rather well and have hair. o.O

Good time to give the unsubscribe links a bit of a workout, do it every year as Im driven to peak annoyance,  even got a call back yesterday from one company asking me why. 

Is there a Black Friday deal on London investment property because getting truckloads of that.

1 minute ago, Reck B said:

I’ve set up my mailboxes to delete any email with Black Friday in the title or body.

What if your mum sends you an email that says "Black Friday has made me very philosophical today. I'm going to donate your inheritance to the cat sanctuary, at the end of the day"

59 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Not buying anything, though I’d be buying a couple of kindle Kids edition tablets if I wasn’t skint. 

Can get the Fire for £30-40 a pop on CEX, grade B or above should be fine, think the Kindles are generally very reliable devices.