• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

And another ....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-man-facing-deportation-hilary-ineomo-marcus-nigeria-london-a8647401.html

'Man who has lived in UK since age of 10 and has two British children facing imminent deportation'

So, was he brought to the UK legally?

“I am a product of British education and British culture. I’ve played in football teams, made friends, built networks within the community. I am quintessentially, de-facto British – apart from the fact that I just don’t have a little red book for a passport.

Mr Ineomo-Marcus described the crime he committed in 2013 as a “lapse of judgement”, saying he had invested £4,500 into a business set up his cousin, which – unbeknownst to him – was claiming back taxes it was not entitled to.

“A crime is a crime – I am in no way trying to justify it. I did my time. But this is a form of double punishment. Prison did what it is supposed to do," he continued. "I haven’t reoffended, I’ve given back to society. The probation service itself has assessed me as being low-risk of re-offending."

No a 15 month, emaining ~3 year prison sentence is a lot for any tax fraud.

I am not aware of someone 'investing' money in a business, that turns out to be fraudulent, being charged with a crime.

Lets consider the term - 'investment'

Did he buy shares?

Did he lend hs cousin money?

Oh here it is ...

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/stanmore-vat-fraud-ringleader-jailed-5966817

A RINGLEADER of a tax scam gang betrayed by their own incriminating text messages has been sentenced alongside his co-conspirators.

Junior Matthew-Ekuku masterminded from his luxury apartment in Brockley Hill House, Stanmore, an illegal enterprise to submit false VAT returns for shell companies that never traded. They netted £117,000 in VAT repayments, while a claim for a further £150,000 failed.

Their pyramid scheme was foiled when Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) investigators stumbled across text messages on the suspects’ phones saying: “Recruit, recruit, recruit as many as you can – the more businesses we have, the more money we will make.”

David Margree, assistant director of criminal investigation at HMRC, said: “Without HMRC’s intervention, it is likely that more and more fake businesses would have been created to become involved in this fraud, allowing Matthew-Ekuku and his gang to reap more illegal profits at the expense of honest taxpayers.”

Kingston Crown Court heard that Matthew-Ekuku and co-defendant Michael Taiwo were first to be arrested in 2011 after HMRC officers had become suspicious about invoices presented to support a VAT repayment claim for Taiwo’s business.

They analysed Matthew-Ekuku’s computer and found a spreadsheet listing VAT return details and contacts at 30 businesses which were registered as companies but had never actually traded.

Matthew-Ekuku pretended to represent these companies by dealing with HMRC on their behalf and supplying fake purchase invoices to legitimise the VAT claims.

The companies paid the VAT refunds to Matthew-Ekuku in a manner similar to a pyramid scheme and, when questioned, many claimed that they became involved after gang members had offered them the chance to open a car dealership, which would eventually provide them with funds through a legitimate ‘tax-saving loophole’.

Matthew-Ekuku, 28, now of Gosterwood Street, Deptford, south-east London, admitted cheating the public revenue in September 2012 and was sentenced on Friday last week to two years and 10 months’ imprisonment and was disqualified from being a company director for 10 years. The other five gang members denied their involvement in VAT fraud but were found guilty after trial.

Second-in-command Oseatofah Hilary Ineomo, 28, of Brixton Road, Brixton, was jailed for two years and three months and was disqualified from being a company director for five years.

Michael Babatola Taiwo, 25, of Knebworth Path, Borehamwood, Herts, was sentenced to six months imprisonment, suspended for two years.

Adetomiwa Aiao, 23, of Colmer Road, Streatham, and Andrew Adesida, 29, of Victoria Rise, Clapham, were ordered to do 150 hours of unpaid community work.

Daniel Onifade, 23, of Moody Road, Peckham, was fined £500.

This was an early start of a pyramid VAT scam. Its not a fucking issue with a wrong number of his tax return. He was actively trying to commit a massive VAT fraud.

The whole lot of them should have been kicked out as soon as they left prison.

45 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-man-facing-deportation-hilary-ineomo-marcus-nigeria-london-a8647401.html

'Man who has lived in UK since age of 10 and has two British children facing imminent deportation'

So, was he brought to the UK legally?

“I am a product of British education and British culture. I’ve played in football teams, made friends, built networks within the community. I am quintessentially, de-facto British – apart from the fact that I just don’t have a little red book for a passport.

Mr Ineomo-Marcus described the crime he committed in 2013 as a “lapse of judgement”, saying he had invested £4,500 into a business set up his cousin, which – unbeknownst to him – was claiming back taxes it was not entitled to.

“A crime is a crime – I am in no way trying to justify it. I did my time. But this is a form of double punishment. Prison did what it is supposed to do," he continued. "I haven’t reoffended, I’ve given back to society. The probation service itself has assessed me as being low-risk of re-offending."

No a 15 month, emaining ~3 year prison sentence is a lot for any tax fraud.

I am not aware of someone 'investing' money in a business, that turns out to be fraudulent, being charged with a crime.

Lets consider the term - 'investment'

Did he buy shares?

Did he lend hs cousin money?

Oh here it is ...

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/stanmore-vat-fraud-ringleader-jailed-5966817

A RINGLEADER of a tax scam gang betrayed by their own incriminating text messages has been sentenced alongside his co-conspirators.

Junior Matthew-Ekuku masterminded from his luxury apartment in Brockley Hill House, Stanmore, an illegal enterprise to submit false VAT returns for shell companies that never traded. They netted £117,000 in VAT repayments, while a claim for a further £150,000 failed.

Their pyramid scheme was foiled when Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) investigators stumbled across text messages on the suspects’ phones saying: “Recruit, recruit, recruit as many as you can – the more businesses we have, the more money we will make.”

David Margree, assistant director of criminal investigation at HMRC, said: “Without HMRC’s intervention, it is likely that more and more fake businesses would have been created to become involved in this fraud, allowing Matthew-Ekuku and his gang to reap more illegal profits at the expense of honest taxpayers.”

Kingston Crown Court heard that Matthew-Ekuku and co-defendant Michael Taiwo were first to be arrested in 2011 after HMRC officers had become suspicious about invoices presented to support a VAT repayment claim for Taiwo’s business.

They analysed Matthew-Ekuku’s computer and found a spreadsheet listing VAT return details and contacts at 30 businesses which were registered as companies but had never actually traded.

Matthew-Ekuku pretended to represent these companies by dealing with HMRC on their behalf and supplying fake purchase invoices to legitimise the VAT claims.

The companies paid the VAT refunds to Matthew-Ekuku in a manner similar to a pyramid scheme and, when questioned, many claimed that they became involved after gang members had offered them the chance to open a car dealership, which would eventually provide them with funds through a legitimate ‘tax-saving loophole’.

Matthew-Ekuku, 28, now of Gosterwood Street, Deptford, south-east London, admitted cheating the public revenue in September 2012 and was sentenced on Friday last week to two years and 10 months’ imprisonment and was disqualified from being a company director for 10 years. The other five gang members denied their involvement in VAT fraud but were found guilty after trial.

Second-in-command Oseatofah Hilary Ineomo, 28, of Brixton Road, Brixton, was jailed for two years and three months and was disqualified from being a company director for five years.

Michael Babatola Taiwo, 25, of Knebworth Path, Borehamwood, Herts, was sentenced to six months imprisonment, suspended for two years.

Adetomiwa Aiao, 23, of Colmer Road, Streatham, and Andrew Adesida, 29, of Victoria Rise, Clapham, were ordered to do 150 hours of unpaid community work.

Daniel Onifade, 23, of Moody Road, Peckham, was fined £500.

This was an early start of a pyramid VAT scam. Its not a fucking issue with a wrong number of his tax return. He was actively trying to commit a massive VAT fraud.

The whole lot of them should have been kicked out as soon as they left prison.

Good find. 

These people are defrauding tax payers. Those people who actually do an honest days work to ensure his children are educated whilst he steals off us. 

Whole lot needs to be deported. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Good find. 

These people are defrauding tax payers. Those people who actually do an honest days work to ensure his children are educated whilst he steals off us. 

Well he was jailed in 2013

'Alongside his voluntary work, the 34-year-old is primary carer for his two sons, aged three and one, while his wife Stacey, who he married five years ago, works in the civil service.'

I heard the story  on the radio, earlier in the week.

This was the only good thing they could say about a 35 yo, whos ' been in the UK since he was 10':

'During his time in prison, the Nigerian national worked as a presenter on National Prison Radio, where he was commended as being the "best prisoner-producer" to have worked on the station.'

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Good find. 

Its not hard. Its not like hes called John Smith, is it?

Which raises the question why one of the reporters could not have spent the oooh 10s googling his name, before coming up with their BS story about minor tax crime' and then challenged on o his legal staus to be i nthe UK and what hes spent the ~17 years of adulthood actually doing.

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Fraud is  a "white collar crime", and he should probably join the Institute of Directors.O.o

He should.

West African IoD .....

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Well he was jailed in 2013

'Alongside his voluntary work, the 34-year-old is primary carer for his two sons, aged three and one, while his wife Stacey, who he married five years ago, works in the civil service.'

I heard the story  on the radio, earlier in the week.

This was the only good thing they could say about a 35 yo, whos ' been in the UK since he was 10':

'During his time in prison, the Nigerian national worked as a presenter on National Prison Radio, where he was commended as being the "best prisoner-producer" to have worked on the station.'

If I were Stacey, I would be swooning with relief at the thought of him being deported. Sounds like a lazy feckers to boot.   

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Its not hard. Its not like hes called John Smith, is it?

Which raises the question why one of the reporters could not have spent the oooh 10s googling his name, before coming up with their BS story about minor tax crime' and then challenged on o his legal staus to be i nthe UK and what hes spent the ~17 years of adulthood actually doing.

As with the DM asking the public a few days ago about the forklift accident, which the DM itself had covered a couple of years earlier, I suspect journalists are discouraged/forbidden from using Google as a research tool, as it is unreliable. Which would be ironic for the DM.

Moaning about it just means you’ve deluded yourself your opinion matters.

It’s painfully obvious the people who do matter want immigration so just suck it up or start a revolution.

1 hour ago, eight said:

Brixton Road, Brixton sounds like a made up address where a fictional Nigerian scammer in a Daily Mash article might live.

It is an odd address. Roads named XXXXX Road are typically roads in other towns that lead to XXXXX, not roads actually in XXXXX.