• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Band

Daily Mail

Just saw this headline on the Daily Mail, aswell as left and right being against Mays deal ... looks as if left and right about to celebrate the demise of this establishment propaganda paper.

image.png.7eceb5abe1be54546cf9e9af5857476d.png

Lets see if her rhetoric reflects what she agrees to. In the past she says one thing and then does exactly the opposite. "Mrs May insisted tonight that the UK's position on Gibraltar had not changed". Changed from what it currently is or what she has agreed it would be? She is so mendacious that I cannot trust anything she says any more.

21 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The Mail editor has been replaced by the remainer Mail on Sunday editor in the last few months; I have notcied a difference.

it's been obvious and not at all subtle. Presumably the readership is going down drastically as a result.

Just now, Errol said:

it's been obvious and not at all subtle. Presumably the readership is going down drastically as a result.

What's the alternative in terms of paid for newspapers Errol?

For twenty years it has realistically been the Mail or nothing; and they have just thrown away their winning hand.

I will stick to the local weekly paper from now on; supplememned by interent sites.

What a huge own goal by the publisher.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

What's the alternative in terms of paid for newspapers Errol?

For twenty years it has realistically been the Mail or nothing; and they have just thrown away their winning hand.

I will stick to the local weekly paper from now on; supplememned by interent sites.

What a huge own goal by the publisher.

Just hope it isn’t owned by Johnson press. I bought my local paper today, first time for ages. It was rubbish, completely rubbish. Very thin, loads of adverts, what news there was, was for other geographical areas. o.O

it used to be that the whole town bought it. I can’t remember seeing anyone pick it up for a couple of years. 

Sad, very sad. 

It's actually hilarious that the new Daily Mail editor thinks he can change peoples views on Brexit with his editorial control. He is yet another idiot stuck in the echo chamber of London and the liberal/left wing 'elites'.

Edited by Errol

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Just hope it isn’t owned by Johnson press. I bought my local paper today, first time for ages. It was rubbish, completely rubbish. Very thin, loads of adverts, what news there was, was for other geographical areas. o.O

it used to be that the whole town bought it. I can’t remember seeing anyone pick it up for a couple of years. 

Sad, very sad. 

No it isn't.

One west country one - The West Morning News - was excellent the previous time I bought it (probably eight years ago); I bought one to read up on the train last month and  it was dire.  80p for something of the quality of Metro.  You can tell JP titles as they are absolute trash.  It's a great shame as the WMN was an extremely good paper that has become no more than bum fodder.

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No it isn't.

One west country one - The West Morning News - was excellent the previous time I bought it (probably eight years ago); I bought one to read up on the train last month and  it was dire.  80p for something of the quality of Metro.  You can tell JP titles as they are absolute trash.  It's a great shame as the WMN was an extremely good paper that has become no more than bum fodder.

80p?  I paid 1.25 for mine. o.O and I wish it was the quality of the metro. 

‘It’s a shame. My local paper has been going since 1854. A sad demise, brought about by an outside company. 

41 minutes ago, Errol said:

It's actually hilarious that the new Daily Mail editor thinks he can change peoples views on Brexit with his editorial control. He is yet another idiot stuck in the echo chamber of London and the liberal/left wing 'elites'.

Apparently the old editor Dacre has been trying to raise private capital to buy or launch a new right wing newspaper. That's what I've read online anyway, no idea if true. 

44 minutes ago, Errol said:

i noticed it a couple of weeks ago and thought i was nuts,but my daily mail is normaly aquired if someone brings one in on days and leaves it lying around.

They just keep pushing the rubbish local paper through the letter box.  Straight into the council bin unwanted and unread - unwanted and unread like the rest of the newspapers.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

The Mail editor has been replaced by the remainer Mail on Sunday editor in the last few months; I have notcied a difference.

It is giving me angst. It is the most read online newspaper I always try to get my press releases reported by it as that is a sure way to get others interested and so get them syndicated.

But i really don't like the smell of the Mail any more - quite a crisis of conscience as I have something to publish in a few weeks. Do I hold my nose? Probably not, as I have an unfortunate habit of cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Edited by Hopeful

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

It is giving me angst. It is the most read online newspaper I always try to get my press releases reported by it as that is a sure way to get others interested and so get them syndicated.

But i really don't like the smell of the Mail any more - quite a crisis of conscience as I have something to publish in a few weeks. Do I hold my nose? Probably not, as I have an unfortunate habit of cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Just hold your nose. All you can do really 

A trip to Waitrose can provide a snapshot of their customer's newspaper preference.

On the same basis you can see which charity is their most popular. They give shoppers a coloured token to deposit in transparent collection boxes near the exit. Typically the charity with the most tokens will be a local animal welfare group, followed by kids, homeless, with anything foreign having usually fewest.

Newspapers are displayed in transparent sections. Customers pick their free paper on entering. The most popular used to be Daily Mail, followed by Daily Telegraph, The Times, and The Sun. With piles of unwanted copies of Daily Mirror, and The Guardian.

Recently Daily Mail has joined the unwanted piles. There are plenty left even if you visit near closing.

Another undeniable trend is that since they stopped free cups at checkout, the cafe is deserted, shoppers seem to have abandoned their free coffee. Won't be surprised if cafes close.

Unintended consequences and all that...

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'm sure I've read, maybe on here, that Waitrose is in a tailspin and could be the first big supermarket casualty.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/waitrose-store-closures-aldi-coop-john-lewis-profit-warning-a8419031.html

Co-op and Aldi to buy Waitrose stores after John Lewis profit warning

That's from the summer

Stores in Manchester, Birmingham and London have been snapped up by convenience shop chain

Apparently no waitrose in Manchester now.
They were only tiny shops.

I posted a while back that

George Carron "Geordie" Greig would be the new DM editor

Greig is the son of the late Sir Carron Greig and Monica Stourton, granddaughter of the 24th Lord Mowbray, Segrave and Stourton, and members of his father's family have been royal courtiers for three generations — including his twin sister Laura, who was a lady-in-waiting to Diana, Princess of Wales.[3] He attended Eton College and St Peter's College, Oxford.

Once again betrayed by elites.

No wonder they hate Tommy and Gerard.