• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

A better class of asylum seeker ...

Another thread crosser.

Why are Iranians crossing the Channel in dinghies?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-46296249

'More than 100 migrants, claiming to be Iranian, have attempted the dangerous journey by small boat to the UK in the past three weeks. Why?

blah blah blah

Miodrag Ćakić, chief executive of Refugee Aid Serbia, which monitors migration through the Balkans, believes migrants arriving in the UK are among the thousands who flew into Serbia after the country began offering visa-free access to Iranians in August last year.

The move was ostensibly intended to increase tourism and trade between Iran, the world's 25th largest economy, and Serbia, the 90th.

The visa scheme - which attracted allegations it was being abused by migrants seeking access to western Europe - ended on 17 October, by which time some 40,000 Iranians were said to have flown to the Balkan nation.

It is unknown how many returned home, but according to the Associated Press, local media reported that direct flights from Tehran to Belgrade had been arriving full and returning empty.

blah blah

Meanwhile, refugees from countries such as Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, travelled thousands of kilometres on foot and ended up living on the streets or in derelict buildings across Belgrade.

Compared to fellow migrants, the Iranians looked "more like tourists... they were kids in hoodies and jeans, with backpacks", said Gordan Paunovic, of Info Park.

"Many of [the Iranians] were travelling with fake passports, which were costing between 3,000 to 6,000 euros in Istanbul.

"They didn't share the normal fate of refugees and migrants who have a very hard time in the Balkans. They would not be forced to sleep rough or go to refugee centres like the other people.

"They were here for a month, staying in hotels, and would find a smuggler to make other arrangements."

blah

ranians may be set apart from fellow migrants by their economic prosperity, yet for many living under the repressive regime, life is far from easy.

Kaveh Kalantri, of the Iranian Association, which supports refugees in the UK, said a lack of freedom and human rights violations were driving those out of Iran.

"People get arrested if they have liberal or left-wing views, or if they are from religious minorities. A lot of people experience violence on a daily basis."'

Good luck in the the UK having right or centrist views ...

These are not asylum seekers. These are people fed up.

They need to be sorting out their own country. They are not starving. They are not poor FFS.

Yes, well I did meet a bloke from Iran, who somehow got here. He's  Christian, and  apparently they are not popular in certain circles in Iran. I'm not sure how oppressive the regime is as I never went there.

Doesn't make sense.

• Why would they travel (successfully) on fake documents across western Europe, and then switch to a dangerous crossing of the channel by dinghy for the last part?
  • Why claim to be from Iran?  If they want to claim asylum why not just use their real documentation at that point to prove they're Iranian?

Thus just sounds more to me like Iran is currently the country for which there's the greatest chance of gaining asylum, so they use that one.

Edited by dgul

I don’t care as long as government isn’t spending my tax on supporting these people. If they are productive and can stand on their own two feet without any handouts, then I’m fine with it. 

Whats that you say?  They will be living on the largess of sap taxpayer till they die?  Surely not 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I don’t care as long as government isn’t spending my tax on supporting these people. If they are productive and can stand on their own two feet without any handouts, then I’m fine with it. 

Whats that you say?  They will be living on the largess of sap taxpayer till they die?  Surely not 

If you have the will to leave your own country and family behind, I reckon you can be successful. One of my chums left Poland and General Jaruszelski behind, by claiming assylum on a cultural trip to Vienna.

Just now, MrPin said:

If you have the will to leave your own country and family behind, I reckon you can be successful. One of my chums left Poland and General Jaruszelski behind, by claiming assylum on a cultural trip to Vienna.

The evidence suggests otherwise. Many end up in social housing on bennies. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

There's a big difference between aiming for better opportunities, and getting on a leaky boat, because others are doing it.

2 hours ago, dgul said:

Doesn't make sense.

• Why would they travel (successfully) on fake documents across western Europe, and then switch to a dangerous crossing of the channel by dinghy for the last part?
  • Why claim to be from Iran?  If they want to claim asylum why not just use their real documentation at that point to prove they're Iranian?

Thus just sounds more to me like Iran is currently the country for which there's the greatest chance of gaining asylum, so they use that one.

Yes why not just fly into Manchester as tourists?

3 hours ago, One percent said:

Jaysus. 

Really? 

There are probably 4 or 5 billion people on the planet that fit that criterion.

If thats the only hurdle, may as well abolish whats left of the UK right now. 

3 hours ago, One percent said:

I think its a 50/50 thing. Half probably come to make their million. Half seem to be running away from something, ie, the plethora of British paedos and abusers in South East Asia. 

Not that I particularly care. The British people never asked to be outnumbered in their homeland. A Sikh entrepreneur holds no more worth in my mind than an Islamic hate preacher. Both are completely alien to these shores. Similarly the Indian subcontinent might well be wealthier if still part of the Empire. Still, i'd imagine you'd have a hard time finding indians who'd choose non-corrupt whites to rule over them, over corrupt Indians. 

2 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Jaysus. 

Really? 

There are probably 4 or 5 billion people on the planet that fit that criterion.

If thats the only hurdle, may as well abolish whats left of the UK right now. 

yup.

the world can bugger off

6 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Still, i'd imagine you'd have a hard time finding indians who'd choose non-corrupt whites to rule over them, over corrupt Indians. 

I've talked to quite a few Pakistanis would rather have non-corrupt white politicians.  Problem is finding them!!

3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Herself ...you appease the largest voting block  

They are fighting for the ethnic vote ,the mekon in the cabinet is all the proof you need 

No.

Javid is punjabi, married to a white woman and educated.

There's a world of difference (and a couple of millenia) between an educated Punjabi muslim and an inbred hill billy from Mipure.

A lot of its hearsay.

I doubt UK will have been approached about asylum.

After the poor Weegie Ahmadi, Id be reluctant to apply to the UK.

32 minutes ago, sukuinage said:

I've talked to quite a few Pakistanis would rather have non-corrupt white politicians.  Problem is finding them!!

I don't think your Paki mates had any problem with "white", just the corruption.:Old:

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

No.

Javid is punjabi, married to a white woman and educated.

There's a world of difference (and a couple of millenia) between an educated Punjabi muslim and an inbred hill billy from Mipure.

A lot of its hearsay.

I doubt UK will have been approached about asylum.

After the poor Weegie Ahmadi, Id be reluctant to apply to the UK.

You need a holiday in Mipure, just to find out. In fact I think we should all chip in and send you there.O.o One way ticket.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

No I dont.

Punjab I could handle - I like rivery places.

I've only been to Karachi (Very shit), and Sindh province, somewhere in a desert. I think you are safe in major towns like Islamabad, very British. Never got to see it.

Edited by MrPin

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't think your Paki mates had any problem with "white", just the corruption.:Old:

Correct.  They were also not from Mipure and, being intelligent, realised that it's not an advantage to have corrupt idiots in charge whatever their colour. 

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

I've only been to Karachi (Very shit), and Sindh province

Peccavi Mr Pin?

Just now, sukuinage said:

Correct.  They were also not from Mipure and, being intelligent, realised that it's not an advantage to have corrupt idiots in charge whatever their colour. 

I'm sure I don't quite know where Mipure is, but Spy is going on holiday there.:o