• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

I don’t care. Maybe I should but I really don’t.

Ok, so, sisterhood and all that.  Women around the world being killed. They are all from other lands. I really, really don’t care though. It does not impact on my life or that of those I know. It’s happening overseas. Well it is until they start importing the murderous bastards here. But then that’s a different issue 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-46292919

Load of fancy graphs but this is really the only relevant section.

Male homicide rates still higher

The data collected by UNODC highlights that "men are around four times more likely than women to lose their lives as a result of intentional homicide".

The UN indicates that men accounted for eight out of 10 homicide victims worldwide.

By that I mean we live in a violent world, that's what needs sorting making it a gender issue reduces the overall impact. We should be looking to reduce all violence across the board, by singling out women in the piece it's making a claim that women's lives are more important than men's.

Edited by gilf

13 minutes ago, One percent said:

But then that’s a different issue 

BBC Monitoring were having an off day, one that continued for years decades, you can't blame them and absolutely nothing to do with narrative based news gaslighting.

29 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ok, so, sisterhood and all that.  Women around the world being killed. They are all from other lands. I really, really don’t care though. It does not impact on my life or that of those I know. It’s happening overseas. Well it is until they start importing the murderous bastards here. But then that’s a different issue 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-46292919

More Oppression Olympics from our friends at the So-Called BBC. 

Clickbaity headline (with pics for the hard of thinking) that pushes it's agenda while singularly demonstrating it's lack of balls in reporting on the people for whom treating women like shit is a matter of course.

It's a meaningless article, people are murdered around the world every day, male and female. Sorry but no such utopia exists (or ever will) where people aren't murdered on a planet of seven billion people. It isn't going to happen.

The article even says 'Male homicides are higher'. So what's their bloody point!?

Fucking BBC, their dribble is starting to rival that of the scabbiest tabloids.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Men are far more violent and carry out more murders than women.

They primarily murder other men within their own racial group.

You are far more at risk of being murdered by a man if you are a man.

Yes and you are much more likely to murdered in late teens or twenties. Yet the news seems to be designed to frighten older folk!

13 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

More Oppression Olympics from our friends at the So-Called BBC. 

Clickbaity headline (with pics for the hard of thinking) that pushes it's agenda while singularly demonstrating it's lack of balls in reporting on the people for whom treating women like shit is a matter of course.

It's a meaningless article, people are murdered around the world every day, male and female. Sorry but no such utopia exists (or ever will) where people aren't murdered on a planet of seven billion people. It isn't going to happen.

The article even says 'Male homicides are higher'. So what's their bloody point!?

Fucking BBC, their dribble is starting to rival that of the scabbiest tabloids.

I think the point they are trying to make is that women are getting murdered and it's under/un-reported.

Sounds like utter bollocks to me. I suspect murder is under reported generally.

I could possibly name a number of female murder victims, doubt I could name a single male one (outside of assassinations). Jill Dando, Milly Tyler, Suzie Lamplugh, Rachel Nickell, Billie-jo Jenkins, that might be in part the unsolved element, but if you take a look at Wikipedia for unsolved UK murders, just as many men on there as women and I've genuinely never heard of any of the men (tell I lie I know Roberto Calvi, although not by name and PC Keith Blakelock, however neither of those are your run of the mill murders).

18 minutes ago, gilf said:

I think the point they are trying to make is that women are getting murdered and it's under/un-reported.

Sounds like utter bollocks to me. I suspect murder is under reported generally.

I could possibly name a number of female murder victims, doubt I could name a single male one (outside of assassinations). Jill Dando, Milly Tyler, Suzie Lamplugh, Rachel Nickell, Billie-jo Jenkins, that might be in part the unsolved element, but if you take a look at Wikipedia for unsolved UK murders, just as many men on there as women and I've genuinely never heard of any of the men (tell I lie I know Roberto Calvi, although not by name and PC Keith Blakelock, however neither of those are your run of the mill murders).

That's an interesting list; it's surprising and reassuring to me that it's so few.  For all the time wasted on who's offended who on the internet the iPlod can still perform well for very serious crimes.

I hadn't heard of the vast majority but I think that's going to be because the iPlod appeals are on a local basis; there was one recently here with two possibly linked murders from twenty years' ago in Exeter and south Cornwall which were heavily featured on the local news but I don't think made the national news because any possible witnesses or information are most likely to be local.

My presumption prior to your post was that women were more likely to be murdered by strangers so their murders would be more likely to be unsolved but the facts say otherwise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsolved_murders_in_the_United_Kingdom

It's a good attempt at what is never going to be a comprehensive list with the first one really standing out for me as I had no idea that people were carrying handguns as far back as 1536.

1536 Robert Pakington London Probably the first murder with a handgun in London.[2]

57 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Men are far more violent and carry out more murders than women.

They primarily murder other men within their own racial group.

You are far more at risk of being murdered by a man if you are a man.

Well ......

Give it a few more years and the killings by women in domestic violence are going to be much higher, if they are not already there.

DV tends to be drunk men hitting sober with their fist. Nasty but unlikely to cause death.

There seems to a be notable uptick in sober women killing drunk men with knives and weapons.

Id strongly recommend that people watch the DV figures.

It is still more likely that a man will kill a woman.

But the numbers seem to be turning in DV cases.

ON slightly connected note, I watched BBC news at 10.
Every single reporter was a woman apart from one bloke - who  was brown.

The spent an extraordinary number of minutes on the Women Cricket world cup. Im sure all 2 women who watch women cricket enjoyed the report, from a woman reporter, live in in Antigua ....

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Well ......

Give it a few more years and the killings by women in domestic violence are going to be much higher, if they are not already there.

DV tends to be drunk men hitting sober with their fist. Nasty but unlikely to cause death.

There seems to a be notable uptick in sober women killing drunk men with knives and weapons.

Id strongly recommend that people watch the DV figures.

It is still more likely that a man will kill a woman.

But the numbers seem to be turning in DV cases.

ON slightly connected note, I watched BBC news at 10.
Every single reporter was a woman apart from one bloke - who  was brown.

The spent an extraordinary number of minutes on the Women Cricket world cup. Im sure all 2 women who watch women cricket enjoyed the report, from a woman reporter, live in in Antigua ....

Down here we get very high profile coverage of Truro City FC.

Now I doubt anybody east of Devon has even heard of them but they are a big deal to the local news down here with their results always featured, interviews with manager and chairman, anything to do with their ground gets headline news.

They are in the Conference South, which isn't too shabby, but fifteen years ago they were a local town side like any other with maybe fifty people watching them.  That's basically still the crowd.  When the phone in programme tries to get calls from fans they don't get any.  They sold seventeen season tickets and their crowd on Saturday was 39.  I'm not knocking them; I've even been to a game myself but there really isn't the interest.

The Cornish media though love having, for the first time, a "proper" football club in Cornwall and are always featuring it.

We also used to get blanket coverage of Plymouth Argyle in the local paper, okay the closest league club to Cornwall but not of much interest outside of the Plymouth travel to work area of SE Cornwall)  and I asked a mate who worked on the paper why this was; he said that the Sports Editor supported them.

I've not heard of a news organisation ever asking the public if they are interested in the stories they cover because they are covering the stories that interest them so take it or leave it.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I think we can all learn lessons - Black men - shoot first, ask questions later....

That's pretty cheesy, even for here. Did you join the KKK yet? Maybe you need to be a cop in Tennesse?

2 minutes ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

They never ask the question why are so many women choosing these violent men as partners?

There are the ones who like "bad boys" but I suspect in the majority of cases they are not aware that they are choosing a wifebeater because he is going to keep it hidden for obvious reasons; "Wifebeater seeks punchbag" is a level of honesty unknown in dating profiles.

21 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Surely that suggests that we should flat refuse to take any African migrants because of their violence towards women.

Nope. Communism determines that all those bars need to be equal. By importing the killers from the longest bar into the shortest bar, we should have that smoothed out by breakfast. 

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

There are the ones who like "bad boys" but I suspect in the majority of cases they are not aware that they are choosing a wifebeater because he is going to keep it hidden for obvious reasons; "Wifebeater seeks punchbag" is a level of honesty unknown in dating profiles.

Yup, I know a girl who did that. The blokes were no problem to me, but there were some rough looking ones. Maybe I am not qualified to judge?

6 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yup, I know a girl who did that. The blokes were no problem to me, but there were some rough looking ones. Maybe I am not qualified to judge?

We had a temp who several women said made them uneasy and one looked him up and he'd been given a restraining order against his ex.  And you have to do some bad stuff to get one of those.  He didn't make the men uneasy presumably because he didn't view them in the same way.

He was given the push.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

We had a temp who several women said made them uneasy and one looked him up and he'd been given a restraining order against his ex.  And you have to do some bad stuff to get one of those.  He didn't make the men uneasy presumably because he didn't view them in the same way.

He was given the push.

Blokes can sometimes get on with other blokes, but you know they will be a bit off with women. They say feminine intuition, but some blokes have intuition too.:Old:

13 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Why would we care? I mean, if there is a serial killer on the loose in your home town, and another in Australia, isnt it natural and logical to be a little more concerned of the one in close proximity to you?

the So-Called BBC tells us we should care.

I agree that the amount that you care is determined by proximity, both geographical and in terms of closeness to you: family, friends.

A party boat went down on Lake Victoria at the weekend drowning sixty.  That's a shame but it doesn't touch me emotionally as I have no commonality with those people; don't know them, don't know anybody who does, I've not been to Lake Victoria etc.

However when the Marchioness went down in the Thames in 1989 drowning 51 I was in London, had been on a similar party boat on the Thames, might have know people who were on it (it turned out I didn't).  That did touch me emotionally because of the proximity.

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

8 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Surely that suggests that we should flat refuse to take any African migrants because of their violence towards women.

Even for the Europe figure, how many of these are by ethnic minorities?

As an aside, these stats for violence are often trotted out, as if women are totally blameless victims. Of the male perpetrators of these violent acts, how many of them had a caring mother who did her job properly? Who loved the child unconditionally, paid him attention, treated him with kindness, respect and patience? Almost none I will wager.