• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

War with Russia?

Funny how the MSM seems to kick off their anti-Russia propaganda days/weeks before something actually kicks off with Russia.

Novichokgate, anti-Russia news, several stories weeks in advance.

BBC noticeably started winding up the anti-Russia propaganda last week and then suddenly in kicks off in Ukraine.

Now i'm not going to say that Russia is by any means all fluffy bunnies and unicorns, but there's something not right about the way the media wade in on this.

Edited by Snark

18 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Does anybody worry about Russian terrorists attacking us ?

Bombing our kids at pop concerts, stabbing us, running us over on pavements, exploding tube trains, grooming teenagers to rape them and invading us illegally.

It's the Russians !!!

Not.

Reps have just run out but absolutely.  Do I think that Russia, Russians, and Russian culture pose a threat to me, my way of life, or my country?

No, no and no.

4 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

They start illegal wars, pretend to have a democracy, launder billions, create policies that benefit the few, murder ex spies, kill thousands in false flags and encourage terrorism to breed internationally.

Oh fuck, that's us.

xD

1 minute ago, Snark said:

Funny how the MSM seems to kick off their anti-Russia propaganda days/weeks before something kicks off.

Novichokgate, anti-Russia news, several stories weeks in advance.

BBC noticeably started winding up the anti-Russia propaganda last week and then suddenly in kicks off in Ukraine.

Now i'm not going to say that Russia is by any means all fluffy bunnies and unicorns, but there's something not right about the way the media wade in on this.

May`s deal is shit hot...don`t look over here the Russians are over there look

They are failing really badly to get any credible talking heads on the box to defend it ....they are left with a plethora of transparent tosser ....they have to shift the focus  

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

The Russians are nice enough people, whatever you think of Putin. Although I'll not let on to my neighbour Polish Eric.

What are you polishing? Is it his helmet for when you take him out on your hog?

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

What are you polishing? Is it his helmet for when you take him out on your hog?

I think he might be a plumber, or general handyman or something. I have no idea why you think there is anything camp about Harley-Davidsons.O.o

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Reps have just run out but absolutely.  Do I think that Russia, Russians, and Russian culture pose a threat to me, my way of life, or my country?

No, no and no.

xD

True enough, but Russia is not run by the Russian people, and the leadership is not necessarily driven by the "Russian culture" that we celebrate in the west. I don't think Putin is inspired by Tolstoy and Tchaikovsky.....

The Putin regime is extremely nasty and increasingly flexing its muscles outside its own borders.  On one hand I can't get too excited about Crimea/Ukraine etc. as these regions have fluctuated between being Russian provinces and independent states over the past few centuries and Russia has an interest (valid or otherwise) in them, on the other hand the methods and culture of the Putin regime are not just unpleasant but a threat to the wider world.  Whilst I don't subscribe to the "greater threat than ISIL" comment we should bear in mind that the new head of the army has access to the full range of intelligence on Russia that we will never see and his views should be taken seriously.

There's sometimes a tendency on this site (although not from you Frank) to mistrust the MSM to the extent that people accept the narrative from Moscow, via RT, Sputnik, Saker etc. . This tendency is most obvious in all its florid nuttiness on the rather demented "Something happening in Salisbury" thread.

"Russia today indisputably represents a far greater threat to our national security than Islamic extremist threats such as al-Qaeda and Isil," he said.

No ISIS and Al Qaeda threat - the terrorist threat has been defeated hurrah.

I expect the armed iplod with machine guns and the massive concrete blocks and heavy steel bollards fortressing the shopping centres are to be removed now. 

That is unless they're required in case of the Russians.

Edited by twocents

1 minute ago, InLikeFlynn said:

True enough, but Russia is not run by the Russian people, and the leadership is not necessarily driven by the "Russian culture" that we celebrate in the west. I don't think Putin is inspired by Tolstoy and Tchaikovsky.....

The Putin regime is extremely nasty and increasingly flexing its muscles outside its own borders.  On one hand I can't get too excited about Crimea/Ukraine etc. as these regions have fluctuated between being Russian provinces and independent states over the past few centuries and Russia has an interest (valid or otherwise) in them, on the other hand the methods and culture of the Putin regime are not just unpleasant but a threat to the wider world.  Whilst I don't subscribe to the "greater threat than ISIL" comment we should bear in mind that the new head of the army has access to the full range of intelligence on Russia that we will never see and his views should be taken seriously.

There's sometimes a tendency on this site (although not from you Frank) to mistrust the MSM to the extent that people accept the narrative from Moscow, via RT, Sputnik, Saker etc. . This tendency is most obvious in all its florid nuttiness on the rather demented "Something happening in Salisbury" thread.

I can sum this up for you:

Russian leaders are shitheads, corrupt, evil, and have committed war crimes and crimes against humanity

So have British, American, etc etc leaders.

Russian leaders do not want to rule the west.  They want to keep power and keep their stolen wealth.

Therefore, they are number 382 on my list of things to worry about.  There are 381 fuck ups more impactful that British, American leaders are driving that will directly affect me and my family.  

11 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I can sum this up for you:

Russian leaders are shitheads, corrupt, evil, and have committed war crimes and crimes against humanity

So have British, American, etc etc leaders. 

Have they?

I must have missed this.

12 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

Cheers.

I read RT knowing that several stories are going to be pure Russian propaganda and they are very obvious; it may be because their first language isn't English so to a native English speaker it reads as being phoney.  I would never rely upon it to tell the truth about Russian politics or actions abroad.

Their big advantage is that they will report facts and stories as they happen so these get reported without any spin, even if they later require correction, whereas the So-Called BBC in particular takes ages to report anything as they first have to have a meeting to decide their editorial line and hence what spin to put upon it.

4 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

Have they?

I must have missed this.

Sigh.

Iraq.  Syria.  those two for starters.

The 'suicides' of Kelly, Cook, man in a bag, Seth Rich, etc etc etc etc etc

I'd add in the ethnic cleansing in the UK and certain European cities which has been a direct result of mass immigration and anti-native tax and health policies,, which is a breach of the UN declaration of human rights.

Oh, we could also add in the illegal rendition flights which almost all western countries aided or permitted.

If you don't think that western leaders have blood on their hands, you're not reading enough.

25 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

...on the other hand the methods and culture of the Putin regime are not just unpleasant but a threat to the wider world.  

Interesting post. Please could you expand on the above, as I am struggling to understand what you mean by this.

21 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

I don`t think it`s just the miss trust of the MSM it`s the people who are in control we don`t trust 

Take the more dangerous than Isis etc headline ...if you dig deep concerning those organisations  most people would come to the conclusion that they are funded buy the west to fight proxy wars for the west in the same way the mujahideen were funded by the west to fight the Russians  ....so yes technically they are less of a threat but this is not the reason the MSM imply and the reason we don`t belive the MSM 

The MSM were more than complicit in pushing Weapons of mass destruction   

This is where the mistrust comes form 

8 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Sigh.

Iraq.  Syria.  those two for starters.

Libya, we provided air attacks the allowed the free flow of Isis/AQ/Manchester Fighters included to run amok.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/07/gaddafi-warned-blair-of-threat-from-opening-door-to-al-qaida

Muammar Gaddafi warned Tony Blair in two fraught phone conversations in 2011 that his removal from the Libyan leadership would open a space for al-Qaida to seize control of the country and even launch an invasion of Europe.

The transcripts of the conversations have been published with Blair’s agreement by the UK foreign affairs select committee, which is conducting an inquiry into the western air campaign that led to the ousting and killing of Gaddafi in October 2011.

In the two calls the former British prime minister pleaded with Gaddafi to stand aside or end the violence. The transcripts reveal the gulf in understanding between Gaddafi and the west over what was occurring in his country and the nature of the threat he was facing. 

the first call, at 11.15am on 25 February 2011, Gaddafi gave a warning in part borne out by future events: “They [jihadis] want to control the Mediterranean and then they will attack Europe.”

In the second call, at 3.25pm the same day, the Libyan leader said: “We are not fighting them, they are attacking us. I want to tell you the truth. It is not a difficult situation at all. The story is simply this: an organisation has laid down sleeping cells in north Africa. Called the al-Qaida organisation in north Africa … The sleeping cells in Libya are similar to dormant cells in America before 9/11.”

Gaddafi added: “I will have to arm the people and get ready for a fight. Libyan people will die, damage will be on the Med, Europe and the whole world. These armed groups are using the situation [in Libya] as a justification – and we shall fight them.”

Three weeks after the calls, a Nato-led coalition that included Britain began bombing raids that led to the overthrow of Gaddafi. He was finally deposed in August and murdered by opponents of his regime in October.

21 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Damn you lads if you won't fight the erm obvious Ruskie threat HM government will hire foreigners to do the job!

Foreign nationals to be allowed to join British army

I hear Africans and other third worlders will be queuing up!

What could possibly go wrong? O.o

What, like the Gurkhas?

Well Idi Amin was a sergeant I believe.

For information.

General Mark Alexander Popham Carleton-Smith - we have to assume that's his real name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Carleton-Smith

Preparations for a possible war with Russia

In his speech at the RUSI Land Warfare Conference in June 2018, Carleton-Smith said that British troops should be prepared to "fight and win" against the "imminent" threat of hostile Russia.  Carleton-Smith said: "The misplaced perception that there is no imminent or existential threat to the UK - and that even if there was it could only arise at long notice - is wrong, along with a flawed belief that conventional hardware and mass are irrelevant in countering Russian subversion...".

In a November 2018 interview with the Daily Telegraph, Carleton-Smith said that "Russia today indisputably represents a far greater threat to our national security than Islamic extremist threats such as al-Qaeda and ISIL. ... We cannot be complacent about the threat Russia poses or leave it uncontested."  "The physical manifestation of the Islamist threat has diminished with the complete destruction of the geography of the so-called Caliphate."

There you have it. 

I dare say that the bunkers in and around Downing Street have been refurbished and reinforced accordingly along with their underground rail network.  You would expect a massive re-armament and recruitment drive costing maybe £hundreds of billions (with Chairman Carney at the wheel of the printing press?) for Britain to be to be able to put up a serious fight against Russia - unless he's contemplating a full on preemptive nuclear strike.

He talks about destroying geography which means mountains and rivers etc - that's effectively flattening the physical features of a country - so maybe that's exactly the sort of thing that he has in mind.  His motto must be Let 'Em Have It?

As he is at a senior level in the army he might also have had some role to play in the SoldierX scandal. 

Edited by twocents