• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

ISA book

I found an isa book in the safe today from 2010. 
With about 30k in the isa.

Sadly I am fairly confident the money was transfered out into another isa...
But. Imagine that. Almost finding 30k sat in a cupboard (Albeit a locked metal one) 

4 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

When my dad and uncle cleared out grans house after she passed, they found over 8 grand squirreled away in various places O.o (thats what they told us, at least!)

Drug dealer!:CryBaby:

46 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

When my dad and uncle cleared out grans house after she passed, they found over 8 grand squirreled away in various places O.o (thats what they told us, at least!)

Similar story with my gran, found cash hidden all over the house, much of it in old notes that had to be changed at the bank. About £17k in all iirc 

Edited by snaga

When my grandma passed away in 1999 she left gross £4,000,000 in her will and my mother's first mistake was to use their old accountant to disperse the assets. His fee was £40k! and he saved no tax which is understandable really. For a number of years £10-£100k held in bonds and other fixed classes kept turning up that somehow got missed. 

This is a real from clogs to clogs in 3 generations story as it's been poorly invested in art, wines and conspicuous consumption by my extravagant mother so there is little left of the £1.2million she originally inherited (net of tax). She has literally blown a million! 

With regards to savings I did a double take on yesterday's Telegraph Business section (I steal it from McDs picking up a coffee after the evening school run).

Savings crisis worsens as Britons put away just £96 - the least since 1999. 

I thought this was a monthly figure but no it's a yearly figure. Just £8 a month - we have lost a generation. £8 measly quid. 😳 poor bastards.

edit: amended blights to bastards as I felt it unintentionally offensive.

Edited by longtomsilver

42 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

Savings crisis worsens as Britons put away just £96 - the least since 1999. 

I thought this was a monthly figure but no it's a yearly figure. Just £8 a month - we have lost a generation. £8 measly quid. 😳 poor bastards.

edit: amended blights to bastards as I felt it unintentionally offensive.

This is the real red alert. Something we actually know from the proliferation of pay day loans. 
People live beyond their means,. or at least up to the very limit of them.

46 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

This is the real red alert. Something we actually know from the proliferation of pay day loans. 
People live beyond their means,. or at least up to the very limit of them.

Renter living. The cost of everything will escalate to take your entire income.

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

Renter living. The cost of everything will escalate to take your entire income.

If there weren't hundreds of coffee shops stuffed with people then I'd probably raise an eyebrow at that.