• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Parry

War

So I just landed here Saturday (in the Far East) and The Big Angry>:( greeted me with news war had broken out between Blighty and the Soviets.

Not really that bothered and completely unperturbed my mind elsewhere, mostly anxiety about the state of real pork sausage availability here in the jungle, cos I do, on occasion partake of a full English, but only on cooler mornings. Grilled not fried.

Anyway, I'd forgotten all about this until now and just wanted to inquire whether Blighty had been reduced to radioactive cinders? I will miss my brother's Italian Mastiff terribly if this is the case.  

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

Full English? Are baked beans legal over there yet?

They are so, but I refuse to pay three quid a tin. So not quite a full English but I did find the sausages at reasonable cost.

What's this mornings reading on the Geiger counter?

I am in Clevedon, and it is still here!:o

There is a pier where I can see offensive things, like Wales.

Edited by MrPin

Just now, MrPin said:

I am in Clevedon, and it is still here!:o

I'm surprised coastal erosion hadn't taken the place.

Is there still a convent school there on that corner, forget which?

Just now, Parry said:

Mud is holding the tide back.

Just now, onlyme said:

Mud is holding the tide back.

I was in WSM recently, oh my life that place is peculiar. It's like a zombie film with all the comedy stripped out. 

2 minutes ago, Parry said:

Yes I always drop a coin to look up girls's skirts

4 minutes ago, Parry said:

They are so, but I refuse to pay three quid a tin. So not quite a full English but I did find the sausages at reasonable cost.

What's this mornings reading on the Geiger counter?

Low but rising. Doggerty 4, Cromarty, Wight 5, Tyne and Humber total shite.

Bet you can't get black pudding.

6 minutes ago, Parry said:

I was in WSM recently, oh my life that place is peculiar. It's like a zombie film with all the comedy stripped out. 

That reminds me - I've got a ticket for the helicopter museum in my wallet somewhere - free entry entry for a year.

Just now, MrPin said:

Yes I always drop a coin to look up girls's skirts

I went to that school. There was this crazy Irish nun who'd beat hell out the children. Sister Anne. Beast of a woman. Dead by now I guess, God bless her.

I also remember being Augustus Gloop in the schools' remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The degenerate nuns would make me eat twelve jam donuts, even for rehearsals. Just what a morbidly obese 8 year old needed.

Wouldn't be allowed these days. Political correctness. Augustus would have to be played by an anorexic black girl with a lisp. 

1 minute ago, onlyme said:

That reminds me - I've got a ticket for the helicopter museum in my wallet somewhere - free entry entry for a year.

Kerb your enthusiasm man!

5 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Low but rising. Doggerty 4, Cromarty, Wight 5, Tyne and Humber total shite.

Bet you can't get black pudding.

Can get black pudding but would need to behead next doors' pig to do so.

2 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Big noisy things that defy gravity - one of my first interests!

I fly economy these days. I take a lot of drugs before boarding.

Just now, Parry said:

I fly economy these days. I take a lot of drugs before boarding.

As long as the air crew and ground techs don't do the same you should be OK. :)

37 minutes ago, onlyme said:

As long as the air crew and ground techs don't do the same you should be OK. :)

Aeroflot? Pissed Captain Oleg?

I was in Plymouth the other day and at about eleven what sounded like an air raid siren went off, I was slightly alarmed.

Somebody who lived nearby noticed my discomfiture and sought to reassure me by saying "It's the nuclear subs".

When they realised that, for whatever reason, this hadn't served to reassure me she explained that it was the siren for the end of shift.

Okay, but why have it sounding like an alarm siren, and why have it all? The days when half the city worked there and didn't have a watch must be eighty years ago.

I don't think anything's kicked off yet. That said, I was driving around Blackpool the other day and I'm pretty sure it's been carpet bombed as there is no other reason for it to look like it does. 

Never thought of it as a strategic hub.

52 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I was in Plymouth the other day and at about eleven what sounded like an air raid siren went off, I was slightly alarmed.

Somebody who lived nearby noticed my discomfiture and sought to reassure me by saying "It's the nuclear subs".

When they realised that, for whatever reason, this hadn't served to reassure me she explained that it was the siren for the end of shift.

Okay, but why have it sounding like an alarm siren, and why have it all? The days when half the city worked there and didn't have a watch must be eighty years ago.

There's a documentary series that crops up free on Quest every so often about Devonport naval base and the whole place seems stuck in some sort of incredibly weird maritime timewarp.