• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

will they ban

Recommended Posts

will they ban it in the future (equaty release)once they realise people will use it to delibratly to stay in there homes spunk the cash or give it away and deprive the state of care home fees could be quite comical in the future court cases over who gets the house the local council or the loan provider

Edited by stokiescum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

will they ban it in the future (equaty release)once they realise people will use it to delibratly to stay in there homes spunk the cash or give it away and deprive the state of care home fees could be quite comical in the future court cases over who gets the house the local council or the loan provider

Brilliant

Fascinating conundrum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

will they ban it in the future (equaty release)once they realise people will use it to delibratly to stay in there homes spunk the cash or give it away and deprive the state of care home fees could be quite comical in the future court cases over who gets the house the local council or the loan provider

Probably.  They have tax us to the teeth and there are no protests so why would the government not keep taxing more and more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, montecristo said:

Probably.  They have tax us to the teeth and there are no protests so why would the government not keep taxing more and more.

Maybe but I think we have been passive aggressive in our reaction. Productivity is going down, despite importing massive numbers of people. 

People are just going meh, fuck it and not working hard.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Maybe but I think we have been passive aggressive in our reaction. Productivity is going down, despite importing massive numbers of people. 

People are just going meh, fuck it and not working hard.  

Hope so but I can never see taxes going down they only go one way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Maybe but I think we have been passive aggressive in our reaction. Productivity is going down, despite importing massive numbers of people. 

People are just going meh, fuck it and not working hard.  

Of course they are. subsidised low paid part time plus a bit of cash work is way more profitable than the next pay level up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The care conundrum is a strange one as every one thinks it won't happen to them and when those unfortunate enough to need it realise it is too late. I think equity release is more often being used to escape otherwise inescapable debt.. It is usually a very bad financial deal  and may only be banned if, as is likely, it is exploited to undeniably usary proportions and they are unable to successfully legislate for control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If i was to guess - in my all seeing, all knowing - then expect following -

No more increases to state pension age

Scrapping off all gordies oap exrras - pension credit, tv liv, bus pass.

Scrap of pension credit.

2 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

I've never been on a cruise.

Looking at the Jane McDonald programmes some of them look quite good.

The ones without jane mcdonald?

Shes from WAKEY!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I just saw the words "equity release". Why would you want to give your nice house away to a bank for a cruise with a load of similarly demented people?

I think that the idea might be for some people to spunk the money on gold bullion spread out over a few years, then quietly have a word with the kids about where the keys to the safety deposit box are kept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

If i was to guess - in my all seeing, all knowing - then expect following -

No more increases to state pension age

Scrapping off all gordies oap exrras - pension credit, tv liv, bus pass.

Scrap of pension credit.

The ones without jane mcdonald?

Shes from WAKEY!!!

id expect the same,but no one dare take any benifits away particualy from the old.its there house that they might have paid rent on for 40 years,deduct periods on the dole or with mental health problems its where they brought 4 kids up its a family house in spite now theres just one person in it ratteling around,you cant take it .its unfare.q the bleeding heart libtards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

id expect the same,but no one dare take any benifits away particualy from the old.its there house that they might have paid rent on for 40 years,deduct periods on the dole or with mental health problems its where they brought 4 kids up its a family house in spite now theres just one person in it ratteling around,you cant take it .its unfare.q the bleeding heart libtards.

I think you will find older people would rather not move, and if nothing else it is a stable base for children and relatives to visit, and in the end it gets shared out or the state gets it.O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I think you will find older people would rather not move, and if nothing else it is a stable base for children and relatives to visit, and in the end it gets shared out or the state gets it.O.o

its the states anyway if its a council house ,if they are geting pension credits they are normaly renting thus have no such problem has the state pinching it.its ironic that those that make no effert get rewarded those that acumulate saveings or buy a house get peanilised.obviesly i can see the argument that its unfare that the state pays thus the tax payer if the pensoner has 300k in assets.however its also unfare that they also subsidice the council by paying more than the council does for a place in the same carehome.and its even dafter that councils will not force single or even married pensoners out of 3 bed council houses and let a family have what is in effect a family home.any solution will take at least 3 decades to take effect .and under equaty release rules no fucker can get you out even if you live to 100 should you own.

Edited by stokiescum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

will they ban it in the future (equaty release)once they realise people will use it to delibratly to stay in there homes spunk the cash or give it away and deprive the state of care home fees could be quite comical in the future court cases over who gets the house the local council or the loan provider

I'm either missing something, or it seems the only way to go. I am fortunate enough to own my own house, but care home fees would burn through my estate in about 2 years (it's a small house). I wouldn't actually do it, but a psychopathic person would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.