• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

blobloblob

Celebrity Death Sweepstake 2019

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

"Tennille filed for divorce from Dragon in the State of Arizona on January 16, 2014, after 39 years of marriage. Dragon was unaware of the termination of his marriage until he was served with the divorce papers.[11] The divorce documents referenced health insurance or health issues, and Tennille had written on her blog in 2010 that Dragon's neurological condition, similar to Parkinson’s, known as essential tremor, was characterized by such extreme tremors he could no longer play keyboards."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_%26_Tennille

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

13 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

For those living in the North West, this is a sad and unexpected one. BBC North West and Inside Out Presenter and Weather Girl, Dianne Oxberry dies at 51 after a short illness.

Not familiar with Dianne Oxberry, but there is some poignancy here as unusally an illness struck a young and fit person very quickly. Here in August 18 doing the weather.

8 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

For those living in the North West, this is a sad and unexpected one. BBC North West and Inside Out Presenter and Weather Girl, Dianne Oxberry dies at 51 after a short illness.

indeed. lovely presenter. poor girl

Sometimes you can just live too long for anybody to  remember you or be bothered either way. Was Carol Channing's death mentioned in the UK media?  I'm sure it must have been news Stateside. Goodbye dolly. Probably didn't watch the news on Tuesday.

Music For Pleasure Michel Legrand was the first LP record I owned.

It was the demo record the  Dixons salesman played when I went to buy my first music centre. A Prinzsound with a Garrard SP25 MK3 deck.

The stereo, left then right guitars on Windmills Of Your Mind were so amazing, I went straight to buy it in Woolworths. Cost me £2.49.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jan/26/michel-legrand-oscar-winning-composer-dies-aged-86

On 19/01/2019 at 16:00, crashmonitor said:

Sometimes you can just live too long for anybody to  remember you or be bothered either way. Was Carol Channing's death mentioned in the UK media?  I'm sure it must have been news Stateside. Goodbye dolly. Probably didn't watch the news on Tuesday.

She received a full piece on the R4 obituary show but I agree that it didn't make the headline news.

She was clearly excellent but a life on stage doesn't make you famous outside of the theatre world; I had heard her name and knew she was US showbiz but that was the limit of my knowledge.  I doubt many under 40 would have known who she was.

7 hours ago, Anglepoise said:

Jeremy Hardy- all that bitterness..

Very sad, as is nearly always the case with a 'younger death'.

I thought he was very funny -- not my politic, but at least it was an intelligent humour -- and not at all simply 'bashing the Tories/Trump' as is pretty common these days -- his humour would be thought provoking even if at the end you'd decide to dismiss his opinion.

I had a chance to see him live a years back ('speaks to the nation' tour) and I didn't go -- I now regret that I didn't cancel that irrelevant thing that I went to instead.

Albert Finney would no doubt be surprised his death is only a footnote in the news. I obviously over estimated his fame and greatness. I've only just found out.

Edited by crashmonitor

14 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Albert Finney would no doubt be surprised his death is only a footnote in the news. I obviously over estimated his fame and greatness. I've only just found out.

I suppose it’s mainly older folks that appreciate his acting gained through self effort and how he refused establishment accolades.

19 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Albert Finney would no doubt be surprised his death is only a footnote in the news. I obviously over estimated his fame and greatness. 

BBC News At Six  08/02/2019.

#1. Confidentiality Agreements under scrutiny. Sir Philip Green ends legal action against The Daily Telegraph. (Don't care).

#2. Family of Emiliano Sala say they can now mourn after his body is recovered. (OK but let it go now).

#3. Two people arrested on suspicion of gross negligence following a house fire in which four children died. (OK but local interest).

#4. Three more cases of equine flu discovered at a stables in Cheshire. (OK but sports).

#5. Ten young people die in a fire at a football ground in Rio, Brazil. (OK bad but Brazil).

#6. Aunt May visits Ireland to not discuss the Irish backstop. (OK but nothing new).

#7. Police in Hull still questioning suspect in disappearance of Libby Squire. (OK).

#8. A female cadet at Sandhurst has been found dead in her room, suspected to be suicide. (OK).

#9. Convicted killer jailed for 28 years. Woman's leg found. (OK).

#10. Lung cancer screening trucks to visit supermarkets. (OK).

#11. Jeff Bezos vs National Enquirer. (Possible political hit job involving Trump. Ooh !)

#12. Northern, white, straight, male, actor, Albert Finney,  dies aged 82.

#13. Weather.

ITV Evening News same.

C4 News same except Bezos top story: Frothing TDS it could be Trump !!! 

Albert was indeed a footnote, a mere and finally, even compared to the death of Jeremy Hardy.