• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Democorruptcy

What little things do you do, to test yourself?

We all like to know we are on top form.

1. At the end of my shower I have roll the flannel up into a ball and throw it through the gap above the cubicle below the roof, to land it in the sink. It's a poor start to the day when it smacks into the mirror behind the sink or knocks toiletries down alongside it.

2. There's no point walking over to my recycling bucket on top of the washer to put things in. Something like a leaflet has to be rolled up and thrown in from the furthest point of the kitchen.

3. My ex used to wear loose fitting flip flops while we were sat on the settee watching TV. She never understood the magnitude of the achievement. When without her noticing I lined up the money shot of kicking the flip flop off her foot and it getting over the top of the 42" TV that was on a cabinet.

14 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

1. At the end of my shower I have roll the flannel up into a ball and throw it through the gap above the cubicle below the roof, to land it in the sink. It's a poor start to the day when it smacks into the mirror behind the sink or knocks toiletries down alongside it.

2. There's no point walking over to my recycling bucket on top of the washer to put things in. Something like a leaflet has to be rolled up and thrown in from the furthest point of the kitchen.

3. My ex used to wear loose fitting flip flops while we were sat on the settee watching TV. She never understood the magnitude of the achievement. When without her noticing I lined up the money shot of kicking the flip flop off her foot and it getting over the top of the 42" TV that was on a cabinet.

My life is full of challenges

29 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Democorruptcy, no offence intended but I must point out you have perhaps misjudged our DOSBODS community.

We are all intellectuals. :)

My test is to eat two flakey pastry sausage rolls from Pound Bakery without too much falling down the front of my pyjamas.

If thrown a sweet (we do this sort of thing at work) I will be sat facing the thrower but won't lift my arms and say "Just throw it, I'll catch it".  I then have to shoot a hand out and catch it one handed; either hand depending on the side thrown.  Works nine times out of ten (the tenth time it bounces off my palm and away before I manage to close my fingers upon it, as my hand was moving fast I then have to go and retireve it from the other side of the office) and people are impressed by the reaction speed.

I don't get paid any extra for this ability but maybe I should.

57 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Have you ever thought about taking up darts ?

Today I have mainly been throwing the trowel into the mortar bucket a la knife thrower whilst on the hop up (attempting obviously not getting it handle first), I do know that like knife throwing there is a natural spin speed and distance can be critical - adds a little frisson of excitement to the day laying brick. 

On the throwing theme, only thing I participate in at funfairs is the coconut shy, hitting the coconut off is not enough, preferably cracking one and if not that at least getting the stallholder retire to a safer distance.

Edited by onlyme

Sporcle. An irreverent quiz or two a day to keep the grey cells ticking over. My personal favourites are naming all 196 UN recognised countries (map shades in when you type them) or filling out the periodic table. 

Geography puzzles are usually my favourites. They've added some map-based ones recently like slowly deleting the US by clicking on states in the order requested (You hope that Rhode Island comes up quite late). 

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I take my Time machine apart and put it back together. I used to do this before coffee but as I get older I find that I need a cuppa first.

Getting older...

Obviously if you go for a pee and there is a piece of floating toilet paper, it's got to be cut in half by your stream? It's one of my tests that gets more challenging as your stream weakens with age. That test is one for the ladies, it concentrates your aim so less chance of missing the pot.

9 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Getting older...

Obviously if you go for a pee and there is a piece of floating toilet paper, it's got to be cut in half by your stream? It's one of my tests that gets more challenging as your stream weakens with age. That test is one for the ladies, it concentrates your aim so less chance of missing the pot.

You need to do your pelvic floor exercises.

4 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

now you're single I guess there's a different sort of money shot

10 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

Kind of related, I often dare myself to hit certain speeds before breaking into a corner when driving.  Totally random and I don't know why I do it.

Subconscious death wish?

On 01/12/2018 at 19:10, NTB said:

I sit in a classroom and see how long I can go without peeing whilst drinking six cans of pepsi and playing on a PS2.

I knew somebody here was in teaching.

Just now, SNACR said:

I thought Spy was the head of the English dept at the Gordon Brown Academy school in Scarborough?

Well he's cretinlly qualified. Wackford Squeer's academy for fine gentlemen?:S