• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

Deutsche Bank is Fucked

Or not, hard to tell it's been limping along for so long. Interestingly though, it still seems to be hiring quite hard and not in the EU or Eurozone:

https://www.db.com/careers/en/prof/role-search

Some quick stats:

Total open roles - 794

Top 3 locations for hiring:

India - 186

UK - 169

US - 136

If you count the UK as non-EU:

EU hiring - 171 - 22% of the total

Non-EU hiring - 623 - 78% of the total.

#despitebrexit #eudoomed #etc

Just now, Errol said:

They will keep on hiring right until the end. Doubless there will be people just arriving for their first day at work on the day they are declared bankrupt.

It is how those who have been at a job for a long time protect themselves - hire loads more people. Last in first out and all that.

33 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I thought something had happened.

AFAIK it's been dead in the water for ten years now but has so far refused to die; I still think that's it's purely a matter of time.

Got raided for money laundering. All companies die in time but I can't see the German government letting Deutsche actually fail in the way that Lehman's did. More likely they'd do an RBS on it.

17 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Got raided for money laundering. All companies die in time but I can't see the German government letting Deutsche actually fail in the way that Lehman's did. More likely they'd do an RBS on it.

IIRC They hold a massive amount of PIGS debt and the ROI

57 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I thought something had happened.

AFAIK it's been dead in the water for ten years now but has so far refused to die; I still think that's it's purely a matter of time.

Should have been wiped out in 2008.

German champion. Darent let it go, just in case.

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

Or not, hard to tell it's been limping along for so long. Interestingly though, it still seems to be hiring quite hard and not in the EU or Eurozone:

https://www.db.com/careers/en/prof/role-search

Some quick stats:

Total open roles - 794

Top 3 locations for hiring:

India - 186

UK - 169

US - 136

If you count the UK as non-EU:

EU hiring - 171 - 22% of the total

Non-EU hiring - 623 - 78% of the total.

#despitebrexit #eudoomed #etc

There is a reason for this.

Noones come out and made a statement but its obvious from the numbers -

European banks have almost retreated from non european countries. Hilarious when you get the europhiles going on about the uk withdrawing from the world. Its not. The EU is.

Most Euro banks no longer operate in other euro countries. The only country thats does not block banks and financial service orgs from its market is the uk.

On DB. Im very wary about any company still trying to outsource or operate an indian division. It really doesnt work. Theres 20 years of attemots to learn from. It does not make easy reading.

1 hour ago, TheBlueCat said:

Got raided for money laundering. All companies die in time but I can't see the German government letting Deutsche actually fail in the way that Lehman's did. More likely they'd do an RBS o

They are always getting done for money laundering, I'm waiting for the first exec of a major bank to be jailed for this - considering what a threat money laundering is you'd think they'd have jailed a few by now.

57 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

They are always getting done for money laundering, I'm waiting for the first exec of a major bank to be jailed for this - considering what a threat money laundering is you'd think they'd have jailed a few by now.

They are literally immune from prosecution within Europe as individuals

Just listen and join the dots

Edited by Long time lurking

My history teacher said something about taking 50% of 100%, and then 50% of that 50%. Then take 50% of that 50% and you can keep going on forever.

DB stock is in a downtrend, but it can keep going on forever. We just don't know the end game. We just know it's not in a healthy shape.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b21e2c2f36adf22d1a0736c64333cb0b.jpg

5 hours ago, Errol said:

They will keep on hiring right until the end. Doubless there will be people just arriving for their first day at work on the day they are declared bankrupt.

But in many industries those that are any good will steer clear of a sinking ship like this unless paid as a contractor and UP FRONT.  So you get increasingly shit people joining.  So the ship sinks further.

I once did a piece of work where we insisted on being paid in advance, every month.  The firm collapsed half way through the job.  Many people were out of pocket - I think we were about 10 working days down, that was all.

It's gone from down from about 123p to about 9p over 12 years or so.  Considering how it's supposed to be in such dire straits you might expect it to be about 1p or 2p or something or maybe even a fraction of 1p - if not already bust.   There must be a massive support operation going on behind the scenes - all paid by us again no doubt.

Edited by twocents