• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Band

Women drinking pints instead of half pints

1/4 of a century ago when i first started going to pubs, women used to drink half pints of lager, to a man drinking a full pint ...

It was deemed unlady like for a woman to have a pint thus they were rarely saw with one.

Nowadays on the times i go out women under 40 are only to be seen with a pint of lager.... and this is the inevitable outcome.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7877058/woman-brawl-mcdonalds-glasgow/

1 minute ago, Band said:

1/4 of a century ago when i first started going to pubs, women used to drink half pints of lager, to a man drinking a full pint ...

It was deemed unlady like for a woman to have a pint thus they were rarely saw with one.

Nowadays on the times i go out women under 40 are only to be seen with a pint of lager.... and this is the inevitable outcome.

You must go out with some rough women.

It is a pint of prosecco round my way.

6 hours ago, twocents said:

Apart from the pints I think there might be something more at play in increased female aggression.  What it is is anyone's guess.

Feminism? 

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

The destruction of the nuclear family meaning that the option of not working no longer exists for most women and they now have the same life prospects as men - forty years working in some mundane job for just enough to rent a shabby house and run a knackered car - which is not an attractive prospect.

Working in that rubbish job week after week and knowing that it won't ever get any better builds frustration that releases itself with getting pissed and having a scrap at the weekend.

Thing is your life prospects are never going to get better if all you do is go out every weekend getting fucked up instead of say studying/working on side gigs etc. I've had to learn that the hard way. 

Working in that rubbish job week after week and knowing that it won't ever get any better builds frustration that releases itself with getting pissed and having a scrap at the weekend.

Male unskilled workers have always done this; and now that their life prospects are shared by female unskilled workers then they're doing it too.

I think you're right: a crappy life with no prospects tends to erode civility. Here's a quote about the East End of London in 1902:

"As I write this, and for an hour past, the air has been made hideous by a free-for-all, rough-and-tumble fight going on in the yard that is back to back with my yard. When the first sounds reached me I took it for the barking and snarling of dogs, and some minutes were required to convince me that human beings, and women at that, could produce such a fearful clamour.

Drunken women fighting!  It is not nice to think of; it is far worse to listen to.  Something like this it runs--

Incoherent babble, shrieked at the top of the lungs of several women; a lull, in which is heard a child crying and a young girl's voice pleading tearfully; a woman's voice rises, harsh and grating, "You 'it me!  Jest you 'it me!" then, swat! challenge accepted and fight rages afresh.

The back windows of the houses commanding the scene are lined with enthusiastic spectators, and the sound of blows, and of oaths that make
one's blood run cold, are borne to my ears.  Happily, I cannot see the combatants.

A lull; "You let that child alone!" child, evidently of few years, screaming in downright terror.  "Awright," repeated insistently and at top pitch twenty times straight running; "you'll git this rock on the 'ead!" and then rock evidently on the head from the shriek that goes up.

A lull; apparently one combatant temporarily disabled and being resuscitated; child's voice audible again, but now sunk to a lower note of terror and growing exhaustion.

Voices begin to go up the scale, something like this:-  ......"

Drunk chav thots fighting is nothing new, probably as old as alcohol itself. Just everyone carries a camcorder in their pocket to film it now i.e smartphone. My own experience is that nice girls rarely go out on nights out into town. So what we're seeing is a load of self-selected scutters and not really indicative of women at large.

6 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Drunk chav thots fighting is nothing new, probably as old as alcohol itself. Just everyone carries a camcorder in their pocket to film it now i.e smartphone. My own experience is that nice girls rarely go out on nights out into town. So what we're seeing is a load of self-selected scutters and not really indicative of women at large.

Nice girls...not sure they exist any more! 

mrs spys drinks pints and shes a top internal hot lady.

she doesnt drink a lot of them. And never back home, where they dont serve pints, more puffy portions of piss.

women drinking in pints is no issue.

Beware fat divorcees in spoons, with a straw in a cocktail jug.

54 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Nice girls...not sure they exist any more! 

Well women who are wife material are certainly rarer/dying breed hard to deny that. They are still out there though even though Western society/media is hellbent on wanting to turn every woman into a instawhore thot with a host of mental issues. You just won't find the nice ones on dating apps or out getting wankered on a Sat night.

9 hours ago, Band said:

Some pubs here only serve 500ml beers (and some only 1 brand!). http://www.uzlatehotygra.cz/en/drink-menu There are some places though where you  pull your own at the table and are charged by the ml (bit more expensive though) https://www.thepub.cz/?lng=en

1 hour ago, gibbon said:

Thing is your life prospects are never going to get better if all you do is go out every weekend getting fucked up instead of say studying/working on side gigs etc. I've had to learn that the hard way. 

That was the case but now you are only going to be able to make a marginal improvement in your income unless you are really talented.

Here's my favourite graph to illustrate that things are not as they were.

From 1963 to 1998 an average worker could easily buy a house; improve themselves as you suggest and they could buy a materially better house.

Those days have gone, swept away by a massive increase in the workforce that has halved the value of labour.

Your labour; and mine.

UK-House-prices_July-17_960_4web.jpg

Those days have gone, swept away by a massive increase in the workforce that has halved the value of labour.

Your labour; and mine.

UK-House-prices_July-17_960_4web.jpg

Sonia Sodha explained on BBC Newsnight last week for us.

The idea that there are a fixed number of jobs and bringing in large numbers of migrants will reduce the value of workers to fulfill these roles, be they fruit pickers or carers is proven to be false.

Migrants do not depress wages, they in fact boost our economy by spending their money on our High Streets.

It's fair to say Sonia, as Leader Writer for The Guardian, The Observer or Trumpton Chronicle will be unaffected by uncontrolled immigration.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33655318

Perhaps one of the last meaningful identifiers of class where most of the 99% are converging towards dirt poor. Half my family is council estate and the other half is very well-to-do so I like to think I see the world from different angles - a woman drinking a pint is just a sign they are working class IMO. Afterall, it wouldn't happen with anyone who had any appreciation of drinking etiquette. Doesn't bother me at all mind, just an observation - I am certainly more comfortable drinking stellas in someones back garden than a nice champagne bar in London.