• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Hug your colleagues and clients?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46417578

Staff at fashion group Ted Baker allege there is a culture of "forced hugging" by the firm's founder and boss, which they are now demanding be ended.

A petition, launched by an employee, also accuses 62-year-old Ray Kelvin of inappropriate comments and behaviour.

"It is part of a culture that leaves harassment unchallenged," they claim.

The company, which issues a trading update on Thursday, says hugs are "part of Ted Baker's culture, but are absolutely not insisted upon".

It said Mr Kelvin greeted many people with a hug, "be it a shareholder, investor, supplier, partner, customer or colleague".

The petition also alleges that as well as engaging them in unwelcome embraces, the brand's founder asked young female members of staff to sit on his knee, cuddle him, or let him massage their ears.

nutter alert. Nutter alert. o.O

Even though he is worth half a billion quid, we live in strange times where the mighty can fall quickly.

I won't name names of many that have fallen, but this should be a wake up call for him.

I was in an office last week where I haven't seen the people there for a while.  Almost all the women gave me hugs, unasked for by me.

Who do I sue?

Or do I grow a pair and recognise that if they are not fondling my nuts, it's probably meant in good spirits.

I don't know the exact situation, but I have a feeling that the response is a bit sad.  I sounded more like a situation where the owner tried to have a 'family' like situation in the business, and he instigated hugs etc to help with this.  There doesn't seem to be any hint of sexual impropriety. 

Sadly, though, a minority seem to have moaned about it, and even more sadly, the 'offended on behalf of others' are now up-in-arms about it.  

It is inevitable that he'll now be regarded as being worse than Hitler.

Joan Collins: 'I just gave them a knee to the groin. It's hardly suffering"

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/dec/02/joan-collins-playing-a-cannibal-marrried-for-fifth-time-american-horror-story-hollywood-parties?

Her views on the #MeToo movement are mixed. On the one hand, she herself was drugged and raped by the actor Maxwell Reed when she was a teenage virgin. She then married him “which I know is hard to understand”, and wrote all about it in her first autobiography, Past Imperfect. “So when people ask why I wasn’t speaking out about this – I’ve been speaking out about it for 40 years.” On the other hand, she says she would never have gone up to a producer’s hotel room, knowing what men are like. “It seems to me actresses who are saying, you know, ‘I went up to this producer and he took his dick out and I froze.’ I mean, I’m sorry, you don’t freeze you go, ‘Stop that, I’m leaving.’ I just gave them a knee in the groin. It’s hardly suffering. You just didn’t put up with it.”

Some people don't like touching others (personal space).

Some don't like shaking hands with others (see Karl Stromberg, Bond Villian in The Spy Who Love me)

You could do what Karl Stromberg  did, and join your hands together and lightly bow, if someone makes a lunge for you.

2 hours ago, wherebee said:

I was in an office last week where I haven't seen the people there for a while.  Almost all the women gave me hugs, unasked for by me.

Who do I sue?

Or do I grow a pair and recognise that if they are not fondling my nuts, it's probably meant in good spirits.

Did u try for a cheeky arse squeeze

3 hours ago, One percent said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46417578

Staff at fashion group Ted Baker allege there is a culture of "forced hugging" by the firm's founder and boss, which they are now demanding be ended.

A petition, launched by an employee, also accuses 62-year-old Ray Kelvin of inappropriate comments and behaviour.

"It is part of a culture that leaves harassment unchallenged," they claim.

The company, which issues a trading update on Thursday, says hugs are "part of Ted Baker's culture, but are absolutely not insisted upon".

It said Mr Kelvin greeted many people with a hug, "be it a shareholder, investor, supplier, partner, customer or colleague".

The petition also alleges that as well as engaging them in unwelcome embraces, the brand's founder asked young female members of staff to sit on his knee, cuddle him, or let him massage their ears.

nutter alert. Nutter alert. o.O

and he thinks he can tell people what to do probably under threat of the sack :o

2 hours ago, dgul said:

I don't know the exact situation, but I have a feeling that the response is a bit sad.  I sounded more like a situation where the owner tried to have a 'family' like situation in the business, and he instigated hugs etc to help with this.  There doesn't seem to be any hint of sexual impropriety. 

Sadly, though, a minority seem to have moaned about it, and even more sadly, the 'offended on behalf of others' are now up-in-arms about it.  

It is inevitable that he'll now be regarded as being worse than Hitler.

It would make a good Hitler in the bunker video.

2 hours ago, Option5 said:

Joan Collins: 'I just gave them a knee to the groin. It's hardly suffering"

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/dec/02/joan-collins-playing-a-cannibal-marrried-for-fifth-time-american-horror-story-hollywood-parties?

Her views on the #MeToo movement are mixed. On the one hand, she herself was drugged and raped by the actor Maxwell Reed when she was a teenage virgin. She then married him “which I know is hard to understand”, and wrote all about it in her first autobiography, Past Imperfect. “So when people ask why I wasn’t speaking out about this – I’ve been speaking out about it for 40 years.” On the other hand, she says she would never have gone up to a producer’s hotel room, knowing what men are like. “It seems to me actresses who are saying, you know, ‘I went up to this producer and he took his dick out and I froze.’ I mean, I’m sorry, you don’t freeze you go, ‘Stop that, I’m leaving.’ I just gave them a knee in the groin. It’s hardly suffering. You just didn’t put up with it.”

Men 9_9

16 hours ago, Harley said:

Dear Auntie

My dog works with me and I do like to hug him quite a bit.  But he does growl sometimes.   Will he sue me?

Regards

Worried

Dear Harley, I hope I can refer to you Harley or would you prefer Worried

No wonder your four-legged friend and colleague is upset. First you hug without establishing whether or not this is deemed appropriate and then you assume a gender based purely on physiology. And that is not how it is now, gender is a spectrum as I am sure you know and you have committed hate crime by assuming your colleague wants you to use a masculine pronoun such as' he' or' him', shame on you. I suspect you also use terms such as ‘good boy’ yet more hate crime. Your four-legged friend may self-identify as a female or intrasex. So you should be at least sued if not taken outside and shot and fed to you colleague for his (nearly commited hate crime myelf there!) dinner. You may think this is a bit extreme but we are trying to establish a thoughtful compassionate society and there you are perpetrating hate crime and so you need to be removed as an act of kindness to stop the secret suffering being endured by your poor colleague. I hope this advice helps to reassure you.

Regards

Gender Non Binary

Edited by satch

It seems to be the norm now for companies to strive to be all "corporate", no room for being nice, employees are expendable and it's all down to middle management trying to create strict hierarchies (so that they can feel powerful), by implementing archaic and often draconian rules and procedures in their corporate cake shops....

I hug my mum.

My siblings.

My dad - if hes had a shower.

mrs spy n kids.

Female colleagues/friends on a traumatic occurrence - pet or close relative dying.

Thats it.

Id never hug a bloke other than a close relative.

I drink beer me.

26 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I hug my mum.

My siblings.

My dad - if hes had a shower.

mrs spy n kids.

Female colleagues/friends on a traumatic occurrence - pet or close relative dying.

Thats it.

Id never hug a bloke other than a close relative.

I drink beer me.

When I’m playing football and tight marking someone at a corner or free kick, I sometimes put my arm lightly around their waist and say, “We could be more than just friends, you know?” And just leave that weirdness hanging for a second as the ball comes in. Puts them right off their game.

Actually that’s exactly the kind of harmless larking around that’s criminal in these days of “extreme tolerance”. For clarity, it wasn’t me, just someone who looked like me.

Edited by Hail the Tripod

20 hours ago, wherebee said:

Who do I sue?

Or do I grow a pair and recognise that if they are not fondling my nuts, it's probably meant in good spirits. a waste of time.

43 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

When I’m playing football and tight marking someone at a corner or free kick, I sometimes put my arm lightly around their waist and say, “We could be more than just friends, you know?” And just leave that weirdness hanging for a second as the ball comes in. Puts them right off their game.

Actually that’s exactly the kind of harmless larking around that’s criminal in these days of “extreme tolerance”. For clarity, it wasn’t me, just someone who looked like me.

I wonder who would be charged?  You, for inappropriate touching, or them, for being anti-homosexuality.... :Jumping:

Soon it will be the phase of the moon when people tune in.

Every year around now we see people that used to work with us 'popping in' with Christmas cards, boxes of sweets, bottles of Blue Nun, and handbags offering up photos of their new grandchildren.

I'm not a hugger, kisser, back patter, hand-shaker or flirty groper.

Sometimes I'm trapped.

I stand perfectly still, hands at my side, take a split-second decision as to whether they are coming in for a kiss, if so, whether a peck on lips, or to offer them a cheek (face). Depending on the length of their embrace I decide to either give them a quick firm squeeze, top half only, keeping waist down out of reach, or no squeeze, instead a brief couple of pats on their upper back.

A few of the more intimately known will put their arm around me and stay there. Leaving me with nowhere to put my hands except to touch their arm or back. Depending on what they are wearing I usually end up gently massaging their lower neck or just below their shoulder blade. Only for about ten seconds, then I extricate myself and  unwrap one of their Ferrero Rocher.

That's what I do with the blokes anyway.

3 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Soon it will be the phase of the moon when people tune in.

Every year around now we see people that used to work with us 'popping in' with Christmas cards, boxes of sweets, bottles of Blue Nun, and handbags offering up photos of their new grandchildren.

I'm not a hugger, kisser, back patter, hand-shaker or flirty groper.

Sometimes I'm trapped.

I stand perfectly still, hands at my side, take a split-second decision as to whether they are coming in for a kiss, if so, whether a peck on lips, or to offer them a cheek (face). Depending on the length of their embrace I decide to either give them a quick firm squeeze, top half only, keeping waist down out of reach, or no squeeze, instead a brief couple of pats on their upper back.

A few of the more intimately known will put their arm around me and stay there. Leaving me with nowhere to put my hands except to touch their arm or back. Depending on what they are wearing I usually end up gently massaging their lower neck or just below their shoulder blade. Only for about ten seconds, then I extricate myself and  unwrap one of their Ferrero Rocher.

That's what I do with the blokes anyway.

the ambassador is really grooming spoiling you.

Edited by leonardratso