• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Driving Efficiency Software

They've been puffing one on the radio this morning, "Lightfoot", that will tell you when you're driving efficiently.

Surely that's what your rev counter does?

For diesel 1,750 RPM is the optimum or sweet spot and for petrol it's 2,500.

Beyond that don't accelerate hard or keep slamming on your brakes.

Yet another solution looking for a problem.

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

They've been puffing one on the radio this morning, "Lightfoot", that will tell you when you're driving efficiently.

You mean you are not meant to redline it through every gear?  o.O

on a more serious note, I have a thing that nags me when it thinks I’m in the wrong gear built into the cars computer 

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Or just use MPG trip computer built into many cars. 

Reckon a lot of these pointless tech companies are just vehicles to scam "unsophisticated" investors.

3 hours ago, One percent said:

You mean you are not meant to redline it through every gear?  o.O

on a more serious note, I have a thing that nags me when it thinks I’m in the wrong gear built into the cars computer 

You must redline it in first gear when in the Waitrose car park, apparently. Particularly if you have a Honda Jazz.

Just now, spunko said:

Yes, and that.

And if/when you sideswipe another parked car just drive off and pretend you're too old to have noticed. :PissedOff:

It’s why I don’t park in car parks and it I do, I shove it as far away from the shop as possible. There are some supermarkets that I avoid completely because of this. My local Waitrose being one. o.O

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

It’s why I don’t park in car parks and it I do, I shove it as far away from the shop as possible. There are some supermarkets that I avoid completely because of this. My local Waitrose being one. o.O

You are doing it wrong, you need to drive round and round and round the car park until there is a space within 6ft of the store door. xD

38 minutes ago, spunko said:

You are doing it wrong, you need to drive round and round and round the car park until there is a space within 6ft of the store door. xD

That'll be the baby and mother / disabled spaces then, least there is room to open the car door. Worst is going to a supermarket with a van, middle order level of hell that one.

22 minutes ago, onlyme said:

That'll be the baby and mother / disabled spaces then, least there is room to open the car door. Worst is going to a supermarket with a van, middle order level of hell that one.

I don’t understand why they make the bays so small.  A coop near me, you are almost guaranteed to get your car bashed if you use it. I don’t. 

Just now, One percent said:

I don’t understand why they make the bays so small.  A coop near me, you are almost guaranteed to get your car bashed if you use it. I don’t. 

Money innit. They removed a large bush at the car park in Waitrose to add one extra bay (out of what, 100 total?) , it's made queuing 10x worse because it used to give people room to manouevre but now there's an extra car parked there.

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

Money innit. They removed a large bush at the car park in Waitrose to add one extra bay (out of what, 100 total?) , it's made queuing 10x worse because it used to give people room to manouevre but now there's an extra car parked there.

Pathetic. They actually lose money as I go to the supermarket where I am less likely to get my car bashed.