• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Driving Efficiency Software

Recommended Posts

They've been puffing one on the radio this morning, "Lightfoot", that will tell you when you're driving efficiently.

Surely that's what your rev counter does?

For diesel 1,750 RPM is the optimum or sweet spot and for petrol it's 2,500.

Beyond that don't accelerate hard or keep slamming on your brakes.

Yet another solution looking for a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

They've been puffing one on the radio this morning, "Lightfoot", that will tell you when you're driving efficiently.

Surely that's what your rev counter does?

For diesel 1,750 RPM is the optimum or sweet spot and for petrol it's 2,500.

Beyond that don't accelerate hard or keep slamming on your brakes.

Yet another solution looking for a problem.

You mean you are not meant to redline it through every gear?  o.O

on a more serious note, I have a thing that nags me when it thinks I’m in the wrong gear built into the cars computer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

They've been puffing one on the radio this morning, "Lightfoot", that will tell you when you're driving efficiently.

Surely that's what your rev counter does?

For diesel 1,750 RPM is the optimum or sweet spot and for petrol it's 2,500.

Beyond that don't accelerate hard or keep slamming on your brakes.

Yet another solution looking for a problem.

Or just use MPG trip computer built into many cars. 

Reckon a lot of these pointless tech companies are just vehicles to scam "unsophisticated" investors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, One percent said:

You mean you are not meant to redline it through every gear?  o.O

on a more serious note, I have a thing that nags me when it thinks I’m in the wrong gear built into the cars computer 

You must redline it in first gear when in the Waitrose car park, apparently. Particularly if you have a Honda Jazz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spunko said:

Yes, and that.

And if/when you sideswipe another parked car just drive off and pretend you're too old to have noticed. :PissedOff:

It’s why I don’t park in car parks and it I do, I shove it as far away from the shop as possible. There are some supermarkets that I avoid completely because of this. My local Waitrose being one. o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, One percent said:

It’s why I don’t park in car parks and it I do, I shove it as far away from the shop as possible. There are some supermarkets that I avoid completely because of this. My local Waitrose being one. o.O

You are doing it wrong, you need to drive round and round and round the car park until there is a space within 6ft of the store door. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, spunko said:

You are doing it wrong, you need to drive round and round and round the car park until there is a space within 6ft of the store door. xD

That'll be the baby and mother / disabled spaces then, least there is room to open the car door. Worst is going to a supermarket with a van, middle order level of hell that one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, onlyme said:

That'll be the baby and mother / disabled spaces then, least there is room to open the car door. Worst is going to a supermarket with a van, middle order level of hell that one.

 

I don’t understand why they make the bays so small.  A coop near me, you are almost guaranteed to get your car bashed if you use it. I don’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, One percent said:

I don’t understand why they make the bays so small.  A coop near me, you are almost guaranteed to get your car bashed if you use it. I don’t. 

Money innit. They removed a large bush at the car park in Waitrose to add one extra bay (out of what, 100 total?) , it's made queuing 10x worse because it used to give people room to manouevre but now there's an extra car parked there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spunko said:

Money innit. They removed a large bush at the car park in Waitrose to add one extra bay (out of what, 100 total?) , it's made queuing 10x worse because it used to give people room to manouevre but now there's an extra car parked there.

Pathetic. They actually lose money as I go to the supermarket where I am less likely to get my car bashed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Chewing Grass
      Having completely grown sick and fed up with how fab driverless technology is mantra, what tech for tech sake technology does everyone else either hate, think is totally pointless or will make like worse or less enjoyable from a human perspective.
      Nickola Tesla once stated that “There is a difference between progress and technology, progress benefits mankind. Technology does not necessarily do that.”
      Then some American with pots of money used his name to stick on his cars, suppose it's got a funkier ring than Musk Autos.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.