• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Flatshare bias; the new racism

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/03/flatshare-bias-room-seekers-with-muslim-name-get-fewer-replies

People from ethnic minorities face arbitrary discrimination when they look for a room to rent, experts have said, after a Guardian investigation found that inquiries from a person with a Muslim name about flatshare ads received significantly fewer positive responses.

I’ll leave the dosbod massive to ponder this. Blatantly obvious imho. 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/03/flatshare-bias-room-seekers-with-muslim-name-get-fewer-replies

People from ethnic minorities face arbitrary discrimination when they look for a room to rent, experts have said, after a Guardian investigation found that inquiries from a person with a Muslim name about flatshare ads received significantly fewer positive responses.

I’ll leave the dosbod massive to ponder this. Blatantly obvious imho. 

Most people like beer and bacon. Mystery solved.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I'd have thought that when enquiring to flat share with another muslim then they get a very positive response.

Everyone wants to live with someone similar to themselves. It's basic human nature.

An 85 year old Somalian would want to share with another Somalian pensioner.

This is very basic stuff.

Not in guardanista land clearly. 

If the guardian has to make a story out of it then I suppose that's up to them but don't come cap in hand begging for subsidy when few want to buy the constant and continual garbage. 

I expect some loons will even want to alter the law to solve this unexpected 9_9 problem now that the guardian has published it.

The Guardian found that for every 10 positive replies David received, Muhammad received only eight.

I'm amazed that the numbers were so close (10 v 8) and it seems to suggest that amongst younger people the number of muhammad types are almost as many as David types which seems to be a bit of a shocking turn up for the book.

Edited by twocents

6 minutes ago, twocents said:

If the guardian has to make a story out of it then I suppose that's up to them but don't come cap in hand begging for subsidy when few want to buy the constant and continual garbage. 

I expect some loons will even want to alter the law to solve this unexpected 9_9 problem now that the guardian has published it.

I'm amazed that the numbers were so close (10 v 8) and it seems to suggest that amongst younger people the number of muhammad types are almost as many as David types which seems to be a bit off a shocking turn up for the book.

Sharing your living space is bad enough. If you have to do it, then you want it to be with people who have similar interests and lifestyles  to yourself. 

You really don’t want to take the chance of your flat mate objecting to you cooking bacon sarnies and drinking alcohol. 

Just now, One percent said:

Sharing your living space is bad enough. If you have to do it, then you want it to be with people who have similar interests and lifestyles  to yourself. 

You really don’t want to take the chance of your flat mate objecting to you cooking bacon sarnies and drinking alcohol. 

Especially when the consequences can evidently be so life threatening and or life shattering.  Why take the risk.

10 minutes ago, twocents said:

I'm amazed that the numbers were so close (10 v 8) and it seems to suggest that amongst younger people the number of muhammad types are almost as many as David types which seems to be a bit of a shocking turn up for the book.

Since David is likely to be Jewish this seems to be an odd comparison.

How many offers did Tyson and Chad receive?

We really shouldn't give this piece any of  our time. 

I'm 43 so if I was wanting to share a flat with someone then I guess I'd want someone between, say, 30 and 50 who worked normal office hours because this would make them similar to myself.

Am I ageist to young and old therefore ? And also shift worker ist ?

I'm getting very bored of the propaganda. It's insulting my intelligence

26 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'd have thought that when enquiring to flat share with another muslim then they get a very positive response.

Everyone wants to live with someone similar to themselves. It's basic human nature.

An 85 year old Somalian would want to share with another Somalian pensioner.

This is very basic stuff.

A rep is not enough. 

Agreed. It’s just basic stuff.

20 minutes ago, twocents said:

This is what’s worrying about these articles for me.

I’ve heard about many Europeans in my rural area being favoured over locals regarding housing from housing associations.

The system favours them.

What next? Muslims have to have first refusal of a house sharing room before anyone else has a chance?

I have no problem believing that many Europeans from oversea living in uk are also feeling threatened by the constant drip drip about Muslim people.

Personally I have nothing against any human being from anywhere on the planet coming to uk ......providing they have a job that pays adequately so they don’t have to be housed etc with subsidy from the tax payer. We have enough of our home born to pay for regarding that!

15 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

This is what’s worrying about these articles for me.

I’ve heard about many Europeans in my rural area being favoured over locals regarding housing from housing associations.

The system favours them.

What next? Muslims have to have first refusal of a house sharing room before anyone else has a chance?

I have no problem believing that many Europeans from oversea living in uk are also feeling threatened by the constant drip drip about Muslim people.

Personally I have nothing against any human being from anywhere on the planet coming to uk ......providing they have a job that pays adequately so they don’t have to be housed etc with subsidy from the tax payer. We have enough of our home born to pay for regarding that!

Yes indeed assuming the indigenous have been given a fair crack at filling those jobs especially the more skilled ones.