• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Horrified Onlooker

Maybe Austria Isn’t Fucked....

2 minutes ago, Fischer said:

Here's another good one.

• An Afghan man seeking asylum in Austria because he is homosexual has had his application rejected because he didn’t appear sufficiently gay for the migration authorities.

xDxDxD

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/afghan-asylum-seeker-not-gay-enough-for-austrian-authorities-1.3597248

Bloody good effort by the Austrians

Often wondered what happens when something important depends on whether you are homosexual or not. I heard it was a factor in draft dodging. "I asked the applicant to suck my cock and he refused, therefore is not homosexual." o.O

To be fair "applicant didn't look very camp" doesn't do it properly as far as I'm concerned. Austrians bending over the rules there. 

54 minutes ago, Fischer said:

Here's another good one.

• An Afghan man seeking asylum in Austria because he is homosexual has had his application rejected because he didn’t appear sufficiently gay for the migration authorities.

xDxDxD

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/afghan-asylum-seeker-not-gay-enough-for-austrian-authorities-1.3597248

There is a fundamental problem for immigration / asylum where the applicant can get favourable treatment from a un-testable lie.  If you're gay you clearly can't go back;  If you're under 18 you get in by default, and get free stuff to 25; If you're a political dissident you've got a reason to not go back; If you're escaping war/genocide there's much more need than if you've from the country next-door; the list goes on.  The trouble is, there doesn't seem to be a properly robust way of dealing with the potential for lying -- or, at least, there doesn't seem to be the will to have a robust system.  Worse, whenever there is a hint of of a robust system the SJWs come out in force to say how nasty it all is.  And the numbers keep on coming, and, strangely, they're all gay, or under 18, or a political dissident, or from the war country, etc, etc. 

I've said before that there should be expectations post-immigration to add filtering (and dissuasion) to the migrants.  In this case, an asylum seeker claiming to be gay should be mandated to undertake reasonable quantities of work to support homosexuals in <country of origin> from overseas.  Sure, this wouldn't necessarily be great or inspiring or anything, and it would be easy enough for a straight person to undertake them anyway, but that would be the quid-pro-quo.  And if a straight guy could stick with that for 10 years without outing themselves as straight then I'd accept that risk.  

1 hour ago, Fischer said:

Here's another good one.

xDxDxD

Do they have a photo of Macon to compare such applicants with.

There a few allegedly gay muslim migrants in my part of the world who claim they are here because of being gay. Eire let them into the EU and this they ended up in the UK. Every time I see them they give the impression that they have the potential to slit throats - get a bad vibe from them.

2 hours ago, Funn3r said:

To be fair "applicant didn't look very camp" doesn't do it properly as far as I'm concerned. Austrians bending over the rules there. 

"Being gay" probably isn't particularly dangerous in Afghanistan, whereas "looking a bit camp" would be.

Surely it's racist to give asylum to afghans etc because they're gay? Britain has no right to make a value judgement on how gays are treated in Afghanistan. 

By giving asylum to gays we're effectively saying "Britain is superior to Afghanistan because we don't kill gays". 

The media continually tell me "all cultures are equal". They can't then criticise Afghan culture for killing gays.

However previous attempts at legislation have fallen foul of EU law which requires EU citizens to be treated equally to citizens of the member state.

Vienna believes the new legislation will be given the green light by the European Court of Justice, as it also applies to Austrian citizens, even if they are far less likely to be affected.

20 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Often wondered what happens when something important depends on whether you are homosexual or not. I heard it was a factor in draft dodging. "I asked the applicant to suck my cock and he refused, therefore is not homosexual." o.O

xD

Were they expecting nothing less than an asian version of John Inman or Dick Emery's Camp Clarence. 'Hello, Honky Tonks!' .

Anyone using trafficker has asylum automatically refused.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6517125/Austria-announce-plans-automatically-deny-asylum-migrants-arrive-smuggler-support.html

The economy is growing strongly and unemployment falling quickly.

Funny what happens when a government puts its own citizens first (see USA).

Just now, Fischer said:

Anyone using trafficker has asylum automatically refused.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6517125/Austria-announce-plans-automatically-deny-asylum-migrants-arrive-smuggler-support.html

The economy is growing strongly and unemployment falling quickly.

Funny what happens when a government puts its own citizens first (see USA).

Eminently sensible move. It takes away completely the raison d'être of the smuggling gangs. 

On 04/12/2018 at 10:16, mattydread said:

Thanks for the big text, Sarah.

I still means fuck all to me😃

Except that every ECJ ruling seems to be  *****  and undemocratic.  When it came to getting involved in some British pension frauds and theft in Britain (the usual stuff by the British elite and their corporate and pension fund cronies - and the rest) during the bigoted Blair, Brown and NuLabour's defrauding regime the ECJ was totally useless and might as well not have existed.  Then Cameron and Clegg's bigoted and equally dishonest lot came in to continue the fraudulent thieving which hasn't stopped to this day.  Not to forget Chairman Carney and the rest at the BoE over many decades of course.

No surprise then that they barricade themselves in Downing Street and have mobs of machine gun operators (and for sure observative posts) placed behind the heavily reinforced and hardened gates to Downing Street.

Edited by twocents

If theres any tl;dr going on here, Strache was filmed talking about the possibility of political party donations to be hiden from the record in a conversation in Ibiza a couple of years ago. No one has shown any interest apparantly in the vid until now, 1 week before the Euro elections, so its obviously a targetted sting operation.

But heres the thing; Im pretty sure there will be someone along in a minute to take his place, and in any case, none of his supporters are going to suddenly stsrt voting for the left - probably in fact the opposite. Taking out a leader does nothing, except possibly / probably acting as a recruiting sergeant for their party.

On 20/12/2018 at 20:25, One percent said:

Eminently sensible move. It takes away completely the raison d'être of the smuggling gangs. 

I understand the idea,  but it seems logically flawed (or perhaps not).

Anyone who seeks asylum will necessarily have been smuggled,  otherwise they would have simply been denied access at the point of entry.  Even if they sneak over in the back of a lorry, they were still illegally trafficked.

3 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I understand the idea,  but it seems logically flawed (or perhaps not).

Anyone who seeks asylum will necessarily have been smuggled,  otherwise they would have simply been denied access at the point of entry.  Even if they sneak over in the back of a lorry, they were still illegally trafficked.

The way asylum works is that you present yourself at the point of entry into the country.  It is easiest to think of its application for a political dissident or someone suffering persecution -- it is enough to pass over the border into the friendly country.  This is exactly how asylum worked for decades -- think of people getting over the Berlin wall, say.  

In that context it is simple to think of how trafficked people can ask for asylum -- get down from the lorry (or whatever) at the border and say 'I seek asylum'.

The problem is the current system of 'give being illegal a go, and when you're caught ask for asylum'. 

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

The way asylum works is that you present yourself at the point of entry into the country.  It is easiest to think of its application for a political dissident or someone suffering persecution -- it is enough to pass over the border into the friendly country.  This is exactly how asylum worked for decades -- think of people getting over the Berlin wall, say.  

In that context it is simple to think of how trafficked people can ask for asylum -- get down from the lorry (or whatever) at the border and say 'I seek asylum'.

The problem is the current system of 'give being illegal a go, and when you're caught ask for asylum'. 

Ok,  but starting from Syria,   how would you end up at the point of entry on Austrian soil without having been "trafficked" ?

I'm just perplexed by it..  it sounds like they are basically saying "If you apply for asylum here you WILL be rejected",  which is possibly the intent and just a way to get around whatever other laws etc are stopping them from saying it directly.

The silly thing with Europe is that there is no point even having this type of legislation..  If they really want to go to live in Austria they only need to claim asylum in Italy and then wait a few years before moving there completely legally.