• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

So, David McGreavy

Awesome bit of arse-covering from the parole board here:

The psychologist identified a number of factors which make it less likely that Mr McGreavy will reoffend in future.

They are letting him out because he is LESS LIKELY to torture and kill young children than previously.

:PissedOff:

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The psychologist identified a number of factors which make it less likely that Mr McGreavy will reoffend in future.

They are letting him out because he is LESS LIKELY to torture and kill young children than previously.

Wonder how long itll be until people are in the papers for doing him in. 

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Was going to post exactly that.

I suspect they may be right, but personally I don't see prison for somebody like that as method of rehabilitation. Some crimes are so heinous that no amount of time or work can ever right that wrong. I won't go in to the details of the case in case somebody doesn't want to know, but you might have been able to see some way this man could be released IF he had just murdered the first child, but to then go on to murder the other two completely changes the dynamic of the situation.

Just now, Band said:

Wonder how long itll be until people are in the papers for doing him in. 

Or rather: he does it again.  As he will have a new idientity and new location so people will not take extra precautions with their children knowing that he is about because they won't know.

I am of the "life means life" persuausion but in order to even support a release I would expect the psychologist to have come out with something very emphatic like "he ihas fundamentally changed during his time in prison and is is no longer a man capable of doing such things" but no; he is just "less likely".

I see this as his right to liberty trumping both the right to life of the children he has killed and the right to life of the children he will kill, albeit "less likely" to kill, in the future.

Unbelievable and the sign of barbarity rather than civilisation.

7 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Or rather: he does it again.  As he will have a new idientity and new location so people will not take extra precautions with their children knowing that he is about because they won't know.

I am of the "life means life" persuausion but in order to even support a release I would expect the psychologist to have come out with something very emphatic like "he ihas fundamentally changed during his time in prison and is is no longer a man capable of doing such things" but no; he is just "less likely".

I see this as his right to liberty trumping both the right to life of the children he has killed and the right to life of the children he will kill, albeit "less likely" to kill, in the future.

Unbelievable and the sign of barbarity rather than civilisation.

He's in the national press, thus a name/location change wont make a difference.

He'll be in a CAT D jail full of smart phones, kids in there will hate the cunt and happily post photos of him online ... probably how he is in the news.

No one on earth would want such a beast near their  kids, bound to be someone to do him in as that sick fuck in Wales got killed the other month, leading to what otherwise would be ordinary people going to jail.

Edited by Band

they should introduce a new rule for parole board members ... child killers before release must first baby sit parole board members' children. Only parole board member's with children may rule on releasing a child killer

Edited by snaga

I was thinking reading though that he was maybe so infirm that he would be physically incapable of repeating such a crime. However from the picture taken in 2009 I would say that he still is fit and so still poses a real danger. If his brain was that big a bunch of loose screws before in 1973 I would say there will always be the potential for mental regression.

He might be "OK" now, but soon he will age and mental degeneration set in.

What then?

I think that all Parole Board members recommending such a person be released should bear equal responsibility and punishment if he re-offends.

Better still, SCRAP the Parole Board.

8 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

But it shouldn't have to come to that.

Agree.

I do wonder if some of this is on purpose to get hoards of people complaining to the chief something - can't remember the title - to end up with him not getting parole in the first place. 

Let's the parole board off the hook when technically they may be doing what's "correct" in terms of the rules they live under. 

Even though fuck knows how anyone that does that could ever be released is beyond me. The rules clearly need changed if someone who kills three toddlers can be let out eventually O.o

2 hours ago, ccc said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/midlands-triple-child-killer-freed-15501639

Picture of him in public in 2005. Isn't he in jail ? I'm confused. 

I think he was on a planned and supervised day out from prison.

Poor luv eh? Can’t keep him locked up in the same place till death according to some. Needs a day out now and again! After reading what he done I don’t care if he’s rehabilated he should stay locked up with no hope whatsoever of release. I don’t think he should get any days out either. 

Prison should be a deterrent and a punishment.

My son got locked up in a local police station from Friday until appearing at court on Monday for drunk and disorderly, swearing at police and breaking one of their torches. I’m glad they assisted in making the experience a hell on earth for him. Helped me immensely! 

Off topic slightly but on reading that smoking is now banned in prison I’d like to see that widely publicised. The thought of not being able to have a smoke could deter some. They can still vape though. 

This annoys me on several levels

1) I don't think he should ever be released given the description of the crmes

2) The Parole board as @Frank Hovis highlighted said he was 'Less Likely'. Just what a stupid statement.

3) It will result in revocation by media and hysterical public opinion. Unfair on the perp (you may justifidbaly say so what) but also, and more to the point, not the way that justice should be run as it makes a mockery of the system.

Edited by Hopeful

Evil cunt should be grateful if he only got life in prison, I wish I hadn't read what it was he did to end up prison...

Absolutely no way he should ever see the light of day again, anyone capable of anything like that should be removed from society forever.

11 hours ago, Band said:

bound to be someone to do him in as that sick fuck in Wales got killed the other month, leading to what otherwise would be ordinary people going to jail.

"Oh it's so unfair, the nasty man made me murder him"

What a load of pathetic bollocks. Get a grip.

2 hours ago, Rave said:

I dont think you grasp who lynch mobs and prison offender rehab works.

'Oh, we've got to release Dave the monster of Marlborough, who murdered 20 babies'

OK, where do we house him?

Hmm, there are no hostels in nice middle class areas, where the population may (at dinner parties) spout crap about 'served his time. people change (but secretly dont what anyone like that near them, house prices, that sort of thing).

Well, theres one round the road from NoJobs Working men club,. where people hang around drinking, very annoyed that their leaders have lost them their jobs, handed over millions to muzzers , asylum seekers and lesbian IVF but only give them, after 30 years of working down the mine, DLA and JSA.

3 hours ago, Rave said:

You were most upset about the child killer in Wales getting done in. 

It's reality what i suggest whether you like it or not.

Still no doubt you'd be content to have him as a neighbour and see him walk past the school.