• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Second thread crosser of the day

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-46344967

this one covers a lot 

• potential entry for the turner prize 
  • bennies
  • single parents
  • housing 
  • mass immigration - a lot of these people appear to be either immigrants or they are being squeezed out of housing by the significant rise of people who need to be housed 
  • not working
  • and for good measure, there is a nurse. Not a working one. 

A common thing running through this is that is that not many appear to be in work 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

this one covers a lot 

• bennies
  • single parents
  • housing 
  • mass immigration - a lot of these people appear to be either immigrants or they are being squeezed out of housing by the significant rise of people who need to be housed 
  • not working

A common thing running through this is that is that not many appear to be in work 

Or have the ability to make a bed or organise their belongings efficiently.

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

this one covers a lot 

• bennies
  • single parents
  • housing 
  • not working

Every year R4 does that St Martin in the field homeless charity.

They make a big fuss, featuring stories of various Brits (normally, Ive start turing in recent years).

They al go along the lines of Dave from (boro, sheffiled, carlisle, manchester, cornwall, pick a regional town) is homeless.

It drives my up the fucking wall with rage - for the same reason as the people featured in your post.

If you dont have a job or money and a drink of whatever problems and.or kids then FUCKING LONDON IS THE LAST PLACE ON EARTH YOU WANT TO BE FUCKING MOVING TO LOOKING FOR HOUSING.

Stop supporing these fucking idiots - be they from Newcastle or Novorodog or Somalia.

Why cant we have a homeless charity operating in London that just shouts YOU FUCKING IDIOT, FUCK OFF at these people?

4 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

Better state than my teenage sons room that looks like a used Kleenex & stale pizza dirty bomb has gone off in it.

Maybe you can swap?

Everything merges, like there was some sort of common problem sjhred by all these people cough not working, social housing full of nonbrits  cough

Homeless at Christmas: 'How will Santa find us?'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46360119

'Miss Stutter, 30, from Croydon, has been living in hostels and B&Bs for more than two years with daughters Paris, 11, and Morgan, 10, and son Archie, six.

"It's going to be a shambles spending another Christmas like this," she said.

"Morgan and Archie ask how Santa is going to find us because we've been moving and 'how is he going to get in because we're only in one room'.

"I tell them he still comes to people even if they're only in one room."

The girls share a bed but Morgan prefers to sleep on the floor on a blanket so she has some space.

Miss Stutter shares a bed with Archie and said she turns everything off and lies on the bed in the dark after about 20:30 GMT so the children can sleep.

They left their privately-rented home after the landlord put up the rent from £1,200 to £1,500 a month, which Miss Stutter could not afford.'

So ....... a girl who was knocked up at ~18, managed to get knocked up 2 more times .... living in a flat that was costing *TAX PAYERS* ~15k/year plus tax credits/chld benefits about another 20k in cash a year plus 3 x 6k/head for school plus NHS costs of ~8K.

All in, about 55k in public spend which is about the tax take from ~15 average earners.

End austerity now!

"If I didn't have the kids, God knows what I'd do," Miss Stutter said. "The kids keep me going, they keep me strong. But enough is enough now."

Work?

32 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Everything merges, like there was some sort of common problem sjhred by all these people cough not working, social housing full of nonbrits  cough

Homeless at Christmas: 'How will Santa find us?'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46360119

'Miss Stutter, 30, from Croydon, has been living in hostels and B&Bs for more than two years with daughters Paris, 11, and Morgan, 10, and son Archie, six.

"It's going to be a shambles spending another Christmas like this," she said.

"Morgan and Archie ask how Santa is going to find us because we've been moving and 'how is he going to get in because we're only in one room'.

"I tell them he still comes to people even if they're only in one room."

The girls share a bed but Morgan prefers to sleep on the floor on a blanket so she has some space.

Miss Stutter shares a bed with Archie and said she turns everything off and lies on the bed in the dark after about 20:30 GMT so the children can sleep.

They left their privately-rented home after the landlord put up the rent from £1,200 to £1,500 a month, which Miss Stutter could not afford.'

So ....... a girl who was knocked up at ~18, managed to get knocked up 2 more times .... living in a flat that was costing *TAX PAYERS* ~15k/year plus tax credits/chld benefits about another 20k in cash a year plus 3 x 6k/head for school plus NHS costs of ~8K.

All in, about 55k in public spend which is about the tax take from ~15 average earners.

End austerity now!

"If I didn't have the kids, God knows what I'd do," Miss Stutter said. "The kids keep me going, they keep me strong. But enough is enough now."

Work?

Stop swearing at her. xD

when I look at how much I pay and my pension disappearing in a puff of smoke, and my kids still living at home because, even though they are doing the right thing - working - they can not afford to leave home. 

Why exactly, given this, should this woman be housed at no cost to herself?  Why should those that actually try and be self sufficient pay for it?  

There is a saying, “you make your bed, you lie in it”. 

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Stop swearing at her. xD

when I look at how much I pay and my pension disappearing in a puff of smoke, and my kids still living at home because, even though they are doing the right thing - working - they can not afford to leave home. 

Why exactly, given this, should this woman be housed at no cost to herself?  Why should those that actually try and be self sufficient pay for it?  

Well if she could find a job like yours, which appears to pay quite well for browsing Internet forums all day, I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem.

22 minutes ago, One percent said:

Stop swearing at her. xD

I think she probably did 'it' up the side of spoons or in the toilet ...

This is why one ofthe things IM very keen on is a UK cap on HB - 400/m

12 minutes ago, One percent said:

Stop swearing at her. xD

Please please stop saying that, you post lots of good stuff and I like to give you credit where due like all posters, but constantly asserting a palpable untruth affects credibility. It's your personal choice to subsidise their kidulting as is your right, but it hasn't truly been forced on you or them. 

6 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Please please stop saying that, you post lots of good stuff and I like to give you credit where due like all posters, but constantly asserting a palpable untruth affects credibility. It's your personal choice to subsidise their kidulting as is your right, but it hasn't truly been forced on you or them. 

xD 

well in part. The hope is that they save, house prices drop and they can afford to buy. By renting, they will struggle to save a deposit 

5 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

That right there is the statistic that should be broadcast every day on the So-Called BBC. This is the cost of encouraging women to do this.

It would also take significantly more to have that as a take home salary. They must be in the top 10 percent of earners with that much disposable income  

I hate these people, one look at those pictures tells me all I need to know: it's not money they lack, it's pride.

My dad's family were poor as fuck growing up, not helped by my grandad being a workshy alcoholic. Family of 6, two rooms and I know for a fact that house would have been permanently tidy and spotless. 

That's why, a generation later, my dad and his siblings all ended up not piss poor. They were all taught about pride and dignity under difficult circumstances from a very, very young age.

Edited by Roger_Mellie

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Every year R4 does that St Martin in the field homeless charity.

They make a big fuss, featuring stories of various Brits (normally, Ive start turing in recent years).

They al go along the lines of Dave from (boro, sheffiled, carlisle, manchester, cornwall, pick a regional town) is homeless.

It drives my up the fucking wall with rage - for the same reason as the people featured in your post.

If you dont have a job or money and a drink of whatever problems and.or kids then FUCKING LONDON IS THE LAST PLACE ON EARTH YOU WANT TO BE FUCKING MOVING TO LOOKING FOR HOUSING.

Stop supporing these fucking idiots - be they from Newcastle or Novorodog or Somalia.

Why cant we have a homeless charity operating in London that just shouts YOU FUCKING IDIOT, FUCK OFF at these people?

Maybe you can swap?

If you're homeless and living on the streets then London is the first place to go.  It has the highest number of homeless people on the streets so the support services are there and with the tourists it is the best place for begging.

If you were the lone street homeless in a village then you would have zero support and zero success with begging.

17 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Agree with that. Its is a question of aspiration and lack of desire to be independent rather than affordability for the vast majority of the UK. If kids are too comfortable at home (and I think many are effectively subsidised by their parents to live at home whilst they 'save up for a deposit') then you cannot blame the lack of affordable housing.

9 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Agree with that. Its is a question of aspiration and lack of desire to be independent rather than affordability for the vast majority of the UK. If kids are too comfortable at home (and I think many are effectively subsidised by their parents to live at home whilst they 'save up for a deposit') then you cannot blame the lack of affordable housing.

Yes, this happens a lot. It's a wise move if you have a good home/parents.

45 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

If you're homeless and living on the streets then London is the first place to go.  It has the highest number of homeless people on the streets so the support services are there and with the tourists it is the best place for begging.

If you were the lone street homeless in a village then you would have zero support and zero success with begging.

Again  - FUCKING IDIOTS.

Stop spending money on shelter in the London. Theyd get 10x bang for their buck in Stoke.

The London homeless situation has BEEN CREATED by the London homeless charities.

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Again  - FUCKING IDIOTS.

Stop spending money on shelter in the London. Theyd get 10x bang for their buck in Stoke.

The London homeless situation has BEEN CREATED by the London homeless charities.

People should visit Stoke for cultural reasons, and leave London behind.

6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Again  - FUCKING IDIOTS.

They exist; they're not going to cease existing.

It's about critical mass; the systems are in place to provide for people so people go to where those services exist. 

A colleague used to spend his Friday nights making and handing out sandwiches for the homeless in Trafalgar Square.  Presumably this happens other nights so if you're homeless go to the area around Trafalgar Square and you get a free snadwich every day.

If you want to help the homeless in your area then buy them a one way ticket to London because the provision is ten times better than anywhere else.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

They exist; they're not going to cease existing.

It's about critical mass; the systems are in place to provide for people so people go to where those services exist. 

A colleague used to spend his Friday nights making and handing out sandwiches for the homeless in Trafalgar Square.  Presumably this happens other nights so if you're homeless go to the area around Trafalgar Square and you get a free snadwich every day.

If you want to help the homeless in your area then buy them a one way ticket to London because the provision is ten times better than anywhere else.

I'm not sure that's the case. There aren't many "homeless" round here. It can happen to many. Sales Manager, loses job, gets divorced, can be anyone.

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I'm not sure that's the case. There aren't many "homeless" round here. It can happen to many. Sales Manager, loses job, gets divorced, can be anyone.

It can indeed happen to anyone, I specifically know of an office worker who lost everything and ended up in a homeless hostel, but for most people to whom it happens it is a temporary thing owing to the support services that are there to help you out of it.

Long term homelessness is down to the individual; nobody has to be long term homeless.  This may be addiction, mental illness or just because they're an awful person.

These latter are the ones who should get a one way ticket to London because, as they are going to be on the streets, then they should go somewhere which will make it a more comfortable life.  The only person who I know actively chose to be homeless was a friend's brother who was homeless in London (but wasn't from London) because he actually liked the chaotic lifestyle - drink, drugs and fighting.  He is very much the exception.

3 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

Better state than my teenage sons room that looks like a used Kleenex & stale pizza dirty bomb has gone off in it.

Pizza and wanking - a few things in life are better but not much.