• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
ccc

Women football - Twerking outrage

I first read this and thought well that's a bit out of order.

It's been all over media and the usual outlets of rage. 

Surprisingly it was the So-Called BBC article on it that opened my eyes to what actually happened. Even though it was just the very final small paragraph of their large story of the generated outrage. 

These few lines - from her team mate no less - completely change my view of the story. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46435168

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

I, for one, look forward to Virginia Wage doing a slut drop.

Another short arse French bloke causing chaos in Europe.

Have we really not learned anything since Napoleon?

I had to check that...

I'd assume that the girl was tall...  She's 5'9'' -- which is tallish, but she's towering over him.

So, you're right -- short-arse.

Seems a bit blown up. I can imagine similar throw away remarks have been given by female sports reporters to men and nobody even  noticed.

In the past  things did get a bit out of hand. I remember once in the 1980s Kathy Smallwood being asked for a kiss by the television reporter after she had won a sprint race. " No I'm too sweaty". "Oh go on". Seemed a bit of a no  no even by 80s standards.

Edited by crashmonitor

2 hours ago, ccc said:

These few lines - from her team mate no less - completely change my view of the story.  

Yes this is French sense of humour lost in translation. You still get Moulin Rouge dancers on television there (if I remember correctly on Italian normal tv they also have topless ladies?) jokes about sex or objectifying women normal. Another cultural difference for the feminists to eradicate but will make the world a more dull place.

12 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Why are we constantly being pressured into liking women's football and banging on about their "stars" which nobody gives a fuck about. Men don't watch it. Women don't watch it. Nobody cares. 

You will enjoy what you are told to enjoy.

I think the So-Called BBC is pushing it a lot because it has the TV rights.  And because they are arseholes.

TV rights to Women's football is about the only thing the So-Called BBC is going to be left with.

Has anyone told Andrew Murray that if he spent more time in the gym than on Twitter trying to earn internet good boy points, his hip might heal more quickly.

1 hour ago, gibbon said:

Why are we constantly being pressured into liking women's football and banging on about their "stars" which nobody gives a fuck about. Men don't watch it. Women don't watch it. Nobody cares. 

The international standard is probably Accrington Stanley Juniors for men so basically a bloke watching it is seen to have ulterior motives. Therefore blokes are going to say forget it. Fine for women to have pin ups of Beckham in his briefs in the office mind.

3 hours ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

As someone who refuses to give these outlets the clicks they so desperately want, can you please explain what all this is about?

It sounds like another gentleman popping pills and calling himself a lady is attracting attention.

It's an outrage as she went up to get her award and the French DJ bloke presenting asked her what her favourite dance was and if she could twerk.

Turns out he asked all those getting awards the same question - male or female by the looks of it - and her "twerk" was because she does do it and this has been confirmed by her team mate. 

A complete non story given huge coverage. 

Without that final small paragraph in the So-Called BBC story it gives a completely different slant on it. 

Plenty other stories and commentaries of this out there where this small but rather important point is left out. 

I wonder why... 

DJ Martin Solveig apologised to Women's Ballon d'Or winner Ada Hegerberg for asking her after she collected her award if she knew "how to twerk".

Er what do you expect a DJ to say ? They only know about playing music and next to nothing about women's football. So for him it was probably an awkward break-the-ice-kind of moment. 

Probably in the minority here but I though it was very offensive and felt embarrassed for her. He could have chosen a multitude of stupid dances to make a joke to her but chose a sexuality explicit one in order to cause her to feel uncomfortable.