• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Do my lips look big in this?

Just why would you.  Why? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-46434480

A woman's lips swelled up so much they touched her nose after she had filler injected at a Botox party.

Rachael Knappier, from Leicestershire, said she "shouted out in pain" after she was given the treatment by a beautician at her friend's house.

She rushed to A&E when her lips swelled dramatically, later seeking private treatment to fix the problem.

The 29-year-old warned others against having lip fillers from someone not medically trained.

After agreeing to Botox on her forehead, Miss Knappier said the beautician noticed a lump on her lip - an injury she sustained when a fire door hit her at the age of 13.

"That lump is my number one insecurity. As she pointed it out, I was just drawn in," she said.

After returning home, Miss Knappier said she felt unwell. Later that night, she woke up and couldn't feel her lip.

F6C1F63C-593A-4914-929B-2C8784F9553E.jpeg

I don't think I'd want Botox injected into me by anyone for cosmetic reasons, let alone a non medically qualified one. Bonkers, but this sort of quackery isn't new. I read about how women used to have, I think it's was hot paraffin wax injected into their faces, it was then manipulated into whatever shape required (usually used for nose jobs). Problem was it then sometimes migrated to other parts of the face.

42 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I however make a point of being advised on medical matters by total and complete idiots.

Does anyone wish to come to my DIY tooth extraction party?

I just help them check for lumps in their breasts, I don’t actually try and remove them. That’s still OK, right?

3 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I don't think I'd want Botox injected into me by anyone for cosmetic reasons, let alone a non medically qualified one. Bonkers, but this sort of quackery isn't new. I read about how women used to have, I think it's was hot paraffin wax injected into their faces, it was then manipulated into whatever shape required (usually used for nose jobs). Problem was it then sometimes migrated to other parts of the face.

Silicone breast implants leaking into the rest of the body is a big issue at the moment.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/nov/25/revealed-faulty-medical-implants-harm-patients-around-world

Edited by Option5

6 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Silicone breast implants leaking into the rest of the body is a big issue at the moment.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/nov/25/revealed-faulty-medical-implants-harm-patients-around-world

Indeed, I think it's best to work with what you've got and use non surgery means. Apparently butt implants for women and pec implants for men are very popular - just go to the bloody gym and the bonus is you'll get fit as well. 

1 hour ago, One percent said:

After agreeing to Botox on her forehead, Miss Knappier said the beautician noticed a lump on her lip - an injury she sustained when a fire door hit her at the age of 13.

"That lump is my number one insecurity. As she pointed it out, I was just drawn in," she said.

F6C1F63C-593A-4914-929B-2C8784F9553E.jpeg

To me, it looks suspiciously like, fire door, then some more fire door, after which the beautician trapped her head and gave her a good kicking.

If it's any consolation, the original lump is no longer visible.

Edited by PeptoAbysmal

52 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I however make a point of being advised on medical matters by total and complete idiots.

Does anyone wish to come to my DIY tooth extraction party?

You can scoff but a year ago I had a crown come off.  I put it back on with plumbers underwater epoxy putty.  Doing fine! 

1 hour ago, Gloommonger said:

The lights are on but nobody's home

:)  The lights are on, the eyes are open but Mr Brain has long since departed ;)

... this stupid trollop looks just like what she is - a gormous idiot!

It would be funny dropping some change nearby her, and if she crouched over to pick it up, remark "Seeing as you're down there", followed by a pout and a cheeky wink

Edited by PeptoAbysmal

1 minute ago, maynardgravy said:

I don't get it. Has anyone ever seen a good example of lip filler making someone look better?

At what point do women think 'I want to look like I have a metal coat hanger inserted in my face'.

It just looks to me as if they have been smacked in the mouth 

When it comes to hazardous beauty treatments, botox injections by unqualified practitioners, are just the lip of the iceberg.

If her bottom lip had got big enough, I wonder if she could have swallowed her own head?