• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Reck B

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

I fucking love this band.

And so should you if you want to be cool, like me.

Plus they have a female drummer who can paradiddle me any day she wants.

Bought their first album when it came out. It didn't grab me at the time and is almost unplayed. Will add it to the playlist for another listen.

1 hour ago, NTB said:

Bought their first album when it came out. It didn't grab me at the time and is almost unplayed. Will add it to the playlist for another listen.

I saw your comment and couldn't resist. I'm going to love it ;) 

The first one would probably grow on me somewhat if I kept listening. It sounds like a cross between Oasis and The Rolling Stones with some other 80s and 90s indie influences thrown in.

It's "noise" but it is "distinctive noise". Like that Unwritten Law track :) I can see what people like about it.

You've commented before that I seem to like that "wall of sound" style, yet I instinctively prefer the second one.

Hard for me to make comparisons with other bands since the genre is off my "beaten track" somewhat but the opening bars of the first one sound almost exactly like some other song that I can't identify. I actually thought it was "the other song".

On 07/06/2017 at 12:27, DTMark said:

Hard for me to make comparisons with other bands since the genre is off my "beaten track" somewhat but the opening bars of the first one sound almost exactly like some other song that I can't identify. I actually thought it was "the other song".

This?

Don't think it's that one that I was thinking of. Good call though and a storming track.

I do have that on 7" single, in fact it's probably one of my most treasured 7"s.. better than the original and it sounds wonderful blasted out at 90dB+ ;)

Ironic how so many of my favourite tracks are strongly or wholly religiously themed when I'm agnostic. ("People Get Ready", "Caravan of Love"..)

I actually thought that the track might be the So-Called BBC snooker theme ("Drag Racer", IIRC) as it has that same grunge effect on the guitar, but it's not that.

Brain cells dying with age, connections and indexes being severed all the time!

Mine, not yours.

On 02/06/2017 at 12:44, Reck B said:

I fucking love this band.

And so should you if you want to be cool, like me.

Plus they have a female drummer who can paradiddle me any day she wants.

I really, really liked these when they appeared, spread your love is a fucking awesome tune.  ... what are they up to these days :( 

I first heard of them (randomly) on a dance music cd I bought years ago

https://www.fabriclondon.com/store/fabriclive-16.html (good cd actually if you're into breaks)

I think they are in Manchester this month, may have to catch them live.

Edit - make that October 27th , Manchester Academy

http://www.seetickets.com/event/black-rebel-motorcycle-club/manchester-academy/1100463

Their best album IMO;

Edited by Reck B