• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Harley

Auto merge of posts

In the financial type forums, I often post serially on several things on several different topics but if I'm too quick they all get merged which is probably confusing.  I have to wait for another post or some time to pass to avoid this but I'm a busy man don't you know! 

I wondered why you were posting a succession of posts... what is the reason you dislike them being merged, out of interest? I think it's quite a handy feature. (Think it's 5 minutes you have to wait). :Old:

On 05/12/2018 at 17:01, spunko said:

I wondered why you were posting a succession of posts... what is the reason you dislike them being merged, out of interest? I think it's quite a handy feature. (Think it's 5 minutes you have to wait). :Old:

Yes, when they relate to different things.  Mainly limited to a more general multi-topic thread though like the deflation one.

Sorry, to answer your question, to clearly relate one response to one post (or several posts if they are related).

Also harder work to quote a disparate merged post if you only want to quote one topic in the post, although can select the piece to quote (although hard on a phone).

Also, per data design, not ideal as should have a normalised one to one, not many to many, or even a false many to one.

Do I post too much or doing it wrong?  Would less be more?  Maybe one weekly megaquote megapost per week?  Maybe the system is telling me to get out more!

Of course I can live with the 5min rule.  Just a suggestion.

Edited by Harley

4 hours ago, Harley said:

Yes, when they relate to different things.  Mainly limited to a more general multi-topic thread though like the deflation one.

Don't know if it will work but you could refresh the page after posting, maybe that will then stop them merging.

Test

Ok it doesn't. O.o

12 hours ago, spunko said:

Don't know if it will work but you could refresh the page after posting, maybe that will then stop them merging.

Test

Ok it doesn't. O.o

Ta boss.  I'll just wait the 5 or be more selective.  

Edited by Harley