• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

GTFO

Dead Man's Switch

Recommended Posts

I'm just trying to think, has there ever been an example of a dead mans switch being triggered and genuinely controversial information being released to the public as a result?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GTFO said:

I'm just trying to think, has there ever been an example of a dead mans switch being triggered and genuinely controversial information being released to the public as a result?

There was once an incident on the Northern Line where the driver fell asleep while the train was on an incline, and it rolled backwards into the previous station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GTFO said:

I'm just trying to think, has there ever been an example of a dead mans switch being triggered and genuinely controversial information being released to the public as a result?

Interesting question, how would we know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was that power boat that ejected the occupants and ran over them, multiple times. I guess there must of been many times when similar has been prevented that we never hear about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, null; said:

I assume GTFO means - 'in the event that I die, please release this information', rather than a deadmans switch as found on trains. boats etc?

I presumed he meant in a "Julian Assange" sort of way as well..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, snaga said:

There was that power boat that ejected the occupants and ran over them, multiple times. I guess there must of been many times when similar has been prevented that we never hear about?

Hmmm thats not the kind of dead man’s switch I’m thalking about. Think Julian Assange style dead mans switch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just seems to me amazing to think of the number of people who must have incredibly compromising information on others, where it would make sense to create a dead mans switch to protect you or your family.  And yet you could still suffer a genuine accident thus triggering the switch by accident. Yet I can’t think of a single example whereby compromising information was released as a rasult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hitler Diaries

6 minutes ago, GTFO said:

It just seems to me amazing to think of the number of people who must have incredibly compromising information on others, where it would make sense to create a dead mans switch to protect you or your family.  And yet you could still suffer a genuine accident thus triggering the switch by accident. Yet I can’t think of a single example whereby compromising information was released as a rasult. 

 

There is a dead man's switch website or bit of software IIRC but how credible it is or whether anyone would trust it with important information is something to debate. I think the founder of it died in mysterious circumstances.

I have been trying to think of any such dead man's switches but have drawn a blank in modern times. I suspect that any such information is considered null and void once the whistleblower themselves are dead - who would be prepared to champion it and, more importantly, how would you prove anything? Very easy for powerful people and organisations to dismiss such things even when people are alive.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s impossible as even now most people will still only believe anything once it’s in the controlled MSM - I’d include Twitter Facebook and the likes of Reddit in that.

36 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I just skim-read it quickly in between putting pictures of Father Christmas onto websites.

Are these nude pictures that will only become visible if his elf hit squad get you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most investigative journalists hide the source of such information, presumably. There was a rumour the Panama Papers (or the other ones after?) were leaked by a dead man's switch scenario but nobody will know except the IIRC German journalist who first wrote about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SNACR said:

It’s impossible as even now most people will still only believe anything once it’s in the controlled MSM - I’d include Twitter Facebook and the likes of Reddit in that.

Are these nude pictures that will only become visible if his elf hit squad get you?

If only.

The idea of coding a photo that appears "on page load" for a fraction of a second, like something from Fight Club, and only once, really appeals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dimwit David Leigh at the Grauniad accidentally triggered Wikileaks dead man switch therefore making all those diplomatic cables public. 

Google has a dead man switch you can setup to allow access to your account if you don't use it for 3 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GTFO said:

I'm just trying to think, has there ever been an example of a dead mans switch being triggered and genuinely controversial information being released to the public as a result?

I thought Seth Rich was a recent and classic example. Didn't a video of him talking about having downloaded DNC emails become available after he had been killed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.