• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

GTFO

Dead Man's Switch

I'm just trying to think, has there ever been an example of a dead mans switch being triggered and genuinely controversial information being released to the public as a result?

3 minutes ago, GTFO said:

I'm just trying to think, has there ever been an example of a dead mans switch being triggered and genuinely controversial information being released to the public as a result?

There was once an incident on the Northern Line where the driver fell asleep while the train was on an incline, and it rolled backwards into the previous station.

10 minutes ago, GTFO said:

Interesting question, how would we know?

There was that power boat that ejected the occupants and ran over them, multiple times. I guess there must of been many times when similar has been prevented that we never hear about?

1 minute ago, null; said:

I assume GTFO means - 'in the event that I die, please release this information', rather than a deadmans switch as found on trains. boats etc?

I presumed he meant in a "Julian Assange" sort of way as well..

12 minutes ago, snaga said:

There was that power boat that ejected the occupants and ran over them, multiple times. I guess there must of been many times when similar has been prevented that we never hear about?

Hmmm thats not the kind of dead man’s switch I’m thalking about. Think Julian Assange style dead mans switch

It just seems to me amazing to think of the number of people who must have incredibly compromising information on others, where it would make sense to create a dead mans switch to protect you or your family.  And yet you could still suffer a genuine accident thus triggering the switch by accident. Yet I can’t think of a single example whereby compromising information was released as a rasult. 

Hitler Diaries

6 minutes ago, GTFO said:

It just seems to me amazing to think of the number of people who must have incredibly compromising information on others, where it would make sense to create a dead mans switch to protect you or your family.  And yet you could still suffer a genuine accident thus triggering the switch by accident. Yet I can’t think of a single example whereby compromising information was released as a rasult. 

There is a dead man's switch website or bit of software IIRC but how credible it is or whether anyone would trust it with important information is something to debate. I think the founder of it died in mysterious circumstances.

I have been trying to think of any such dead man's switches but have drawn a blank in modern times. I suspect that any such information is considered null and void once the whistleblower themselves are dead - who would be prepared to champion it and, more importantly, how would you prove anything? Very easy for powerful people and organisations to dismiss such things even when people are alive.

It’s impossible as even now most people will still only believe anything once it’s in the controlled MSM - I’d include Twitter Facebook and the likes of Reddit in that.

36 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I just skim-read it quickly in between putting pictures of Father Christmas onto websites.

Are these nude pictures that will only become visible if his elf hit squad get you?

Most investigative journalists hide the source of such information, presumably. There was a rumour the Panama Papers (or the other ones after?) were leaked by a dead man's switch scenario but nobody will know except the IIRC German journalist who first wrote about it.

7 minutes ago, SNACR said:

It’s impossible as even now most people will still only believe anything once it’s in the controlled MSM - I’d include Twitter Facebook and the likes of Reddit in that.

Are these nude pictures that will only become visible if his elf hit squad get you?

If only.

The idea of coding a photo that appears "on page load" for a fraction of a second, like something from Fight Club, and only once, really appeals.

Dimwit David Leigh at the Grauniad accidentally triggered Wikileaks dead man switch therefore making all those diplomatic cables public. 

Google has a dead man switch you can setup to allow access to your account if you don't use it for 3 months. 

7 hours ago, GTFO said:

I thought Seth Rich was a recent and classic example. Didn't a video of him talking about having downloaded DNC emails become available after he had been killed?