• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

DTMark

Legal weapons

Considering going along to the London Brexit Betrayal march.

I previously said that I wouldn't go to the cesspit that is London until we've managed to start to get a grip on violent crime.

However this is conflicting me as I'd like to go and it's important enough to consider making an exception.

With what can I arm myself that is legal to possess and easy to buy?

There are no legal weapons in the UK.

Even if you happened to be carrying a small 2xAA Maglite (which I always carry) and used it as a makeshift Kubaton in self defence, you'd get screwed for possession.
The law is very much against the law abiding tax payer in this respect.

Anything you have to hand, if used as a weapon could lead to jail time.

Edited by Snark

2 minutes ago, Snark said:

There are no legal weapons in the UK.

Even if you happened to be carrying a small 2xAA Maglite (which I always carry) and used it as a makeshift Kubaton in self defence, you'd get screwed for possession.
The law is very much against the law abiding tax payer in this respect.

Anything you have to hand, if used as a weapon could lead to jail time.

The main problem for me is that I'm quite short. So in an attack situation I'd have to go for something sensitive like the eyes or something that has the potential to do serious damage to the other person.

Can hardly believe I'm typing this. What a shithole of a country.

1 minute ago, DTMark said:

The main problem for me is that I'm quite short. So in an attack situation I'd have to go for something sensitive like the eyes or something that has the potential to do serious damage to the other person.

Can hardly believe I'm typing this. What a shithole of a country.

Milwall brick as above. 

Or

keys between your fingers, all pointing outwards

hairspray or deep heat in a can (have your excuse as to why you are carrying 

you are a hairdresser and we’re just going to give someone a shave with an open razor

you are a chippy and you needed the very sharp chisel as you were off to hang a door 

the list list is endless.  You just need an excuse for what you happen to be carrying and why it ended up badly injuring some scroat 

19 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I previously said that I wouldn't go to the cesspit that is London until we've managed to start to get a grip on violent crime.

However this is conflicting me as I'd like to go and it's important enough to consider making an exception.

Premeditated.

21 minutes ago, DTMark said:

If Mel is busy don’t go 

Anything at all worth having will see you in a cell for a while and your attacker getting compo 

362F6971-17B3-48C9-98DA-BE98C37AFA0A.jpeg

Be careful Mark -- I think there'll be an agenda to ensure that the protesters are encouraged to be violent (ie, 'all Brexiteers are racist thugs')

I was in a few protests/riots in the 80's/90's and it is strange how quickly things escalate, how rapid police responses are (come from nowhere) and how it all looks much much worse on the TV than it was at the time.

I'd recommend not standing near anyone that looks reactionary, and keep an eye on how things are looking.  If things start heating up just wander off for a while.  

[A few tips -- try not to use tube stops on route, particularly near the start/end, as they're the sort of places that'll be closed 'temporarily' for 'safety reasons related to crowding'.  Memorise a few places (pub, shop, church) to be that are near the march, so that if stopped by police you can say you're trying to get there and are just an innocent caught up in the mess.  Have an escape route planned.  It is probably all overkill, but being kettled for hours isn't fun either]

Edited by dgul

Be better to buy a self defence book via kindle. There are several that tell you how to be alert and spot risks before others. 

And anyone who knows anything about fighting will tell you the best defence is to run. Never fight back unless you absolutely have to. Carrying a knife and not knowing how to use it, is worse than not carrying a knife. 

Just now, dgul said:

Be careful Mark -- I think there'll be an agenda to ensure that the protesters are encouraged to be violent (ie, 'all Brexiteers are racist thugs')

Indeed, there were some videos posted on Youtube showing people blatantly planted into the crowd, who were trying to incite violence by riling up the crowd and pushing fellow protesters into the Police line, none of the protesters knew them. This was one of the recent veterans against terrorism marches I believe.

10 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Premeditated.

Indeed.

With justification, since the Police have pretty well already admitted they've lost control. I realise the risk. The biggest risk is being hospitalised or killed. The second is a prison sentence.

The Brexit march is the only thing that has made me consider this. We live really near to London and there are so many things we would go and do, but for the last couple of years I have simply and immediately rejected the idea if it's in London.

But then maybe I should weigh this differently. Do I really care about this country any more? No, not really.

But then that can't be completely honest or I wouldn't even think about going along to support Brexit.

Just now, Snark said:

Indeed, there were some videos posted on Youtube showing people blatantly planted into the crowd, who were trying to incite violence by riling up the crowd and pushing fellow protesters into the Police line, none of the protesters knew them. This was one of the recent veterans against terrorism marches I believe.

Nowadays a camera is probably the best weapon.

Must admit, im not one for marches...nearly went to the mayday protests 2001, but am tempted to go to this one. 

7 minutes ago, Snark said:

The police have used fake Black Bloc protestors many times. There are many videos of them being outed on YouTube. I will not be listening to anyone dressed in all black or covering their face telling me to fight the system this Sunday... 

PS I will be wearing my customized Dosbods yellow vest if anyone wants to say hi. :Jumping: I'm joking,  I haven't got any hi viz sadly. 

Mark,

I would urge you to go. I would if I wasn’t 6000 miles away. Onsies’ keys idea is perfect. Have used that in far dodgier places than even London around the world.

Go and show these anti-democrats that their blatant attempt to crush the British people will not stand.

9 minutes ago, dgul said:

I was in a few protests/riots in the 80's/90's and it is strange how quickly things escalate, how rapid police responses are (come from nowhere) and how it all looks much much worse on the TV than it was at the time.

I'd recommend not standing near anyone that looks reactionary, and keep an eye on how things are looking.  If things start heating up just wander off for a while.  

[A few tips -- try not to use tube stops on route, particularly near the start/end, as they're the sort of places that'll be closed 'temporarily' for 'safety reasons related to crowding'.  Memorise a few places (pub, shop, church) to be that are near the march, so that if stopped by police you can say you're trying to get there and are just an innocent caught up in the mess.  Have an escape route planned.  It is probably all overkill, but being kettled for hours isn't fun either]

First bold point, take the hi vis jacket off first though 

second bold point remember the poor bugger who was just wandering through, minding his own business but was killed by plod at one of the relatively recent protests