• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Brexit Betrayal thread

Just for fun: Tonight's 'Meaningful Vote'  

58 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Theresa May will LOSE by...

• 400+ votes
    • 300 - 399 votes
    • 250 - 299 votes
    • 🏆 200 - 249 votes
    • 150 - 199 votes
    • 100 - 149 votes
    • 50 - 99 votes
    • 0 - 49 votes
    • She'll Win (WTF)
    • Don't care

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/19 at 19:00

If anyone knows the route also, as there are a couple possible.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Park+Ln,+London/Whitehall,+Westminster,+London/@51.5052964,-0.1494845,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x48760531bdddbc39:0x8e7434e934741172!2m2!1d-0.1547189!2d51.5083331!1m5!1m1!1s0x487604cf8393b3e1:0xcfc7fc3df5b42fbd!2m2!1d-0.1265712!2d51.5049822!3e2

Also, for the Indy, this isn't a terrible article.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-betrayal-rally-protest-tommy-robinson-ukip-leave-means-london-where-when-date-a8668101.html

An opportunity for Brexiteers dissatisfied with prime minister Treason May’s deal for the UK’s withdrawal from the EU to express their anger, the march is expected to attract thousands of Leave voters to the streets of the capital, many travelling long distances by coach to attend.

The demonstration has been scheduled ahead of the “meaningful” parliamentary vote on Tuesday, in which members of the House of Commons will decide whether or not to accept the deal.

Described as a “cross-party People’s Rally”, the event will see both Ukip leader Gerard Batten and Robinson address the crowd.

Marchers are being told to meet outside the Dorchester Hotel on Park Lane and set off for Whitehall at 11.45am on Sunday, according to the event’s Facebook page, before setting out half an hour later.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Be interested to hear how you get along, good luck!

Keep an eye out for Antifa, you're almost guaranteed that they'll be there in some capacity stinking the place up.

Yes, I really hope people don't start any sort of violence. I won't be. If anything starts kicking off I'm out of there. Ina way it worked in France, but they had the media on-side and there needs to be meaningful non-violent protests first at least.

5 minutes ago, spunko said:

Yes, I really hope people don't start any sort of violence. I won't be. If anything starts kicking off I'm out of there. Ina way it worked in France, but they had the media on-side and there needs to be meaningful non-violent protests first at least.

https://www.politicalite.com/corbyn/labour/labour-vs-the-working-class-owen-jones-and-far-left-groups-team-up-with-antifa-to-counter-protest-brexit-march/

Owen Jones and Far-Left Groups TEAM UP With ‘AntiFa’ to Counter-Protest Brexit March

Just now, DTMark said:

That fucking little bastard. 

Think Tim Martin teaming up with Stormfront would get such a muted reception?

The absolute and utter little shit.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

That fucking little bastard. 

Think Tim Martin teaming up with Stormfront would get such a muted reception?

The absolute and utter little shit.

It's the righteous thing to do because we're all fascists.

Apparently.

18 minutes ago, shindigger said:

That's crazy, best to wait I think as it might spread to elsewhere. Perversely London is the most remain-centric city in England so it should be easier to organise something elsewhere in theory.

Havng weighed it up I think the stab vest is the most sensible precaution to take, though partner has been called into work and so I can't get to the shop as we have only one car.

So although I do have the option to go to our out-of-control capital city where the Police are passing the buck to government and vice-versa, doing literally nothing, while people die every day, in order to protest against the betrayal of the people by this shambles of a Parliament - maybe it was ever thus - I think I'm going to pass on it.

The last time I had the option to travel into London was to go with partner to a Hidden London tour as his friend couldn't use the moderately expensive tickets I'd bought as a gift, I weighed it up even though I really wanted to go and partner went on his own by train.

This is much more important, but still, I'm just not going to risk it to try to "save" this country. Have a fun, safe time all.

6 minutes ago, spunko said:

Just went to Travis Perkins down the road to get a hi-viz vest. Only £2.50, not sure I'll wear it but will take it anyway in my pocket. :Jumping:

So you are upset with Macron and French fuel prices?

Talk about mixed messages...

"I don't know what I want, but I want it NOW!" - Sir Henry at Rawlinson End

I would attend if I was in the area (country). All those of you who do attend have my sincerest admiration, even if the reason for the march seems to be somewhat unclear (if there was a second referendum and I could get a postal vote for it, I'd spoil my ballot and write "WHERE'S THE FUCKING BREXIT OPTION?!?" on it). 

Shall be keeping abreast of matters on DOSBODS. 

4 hours ago, spunko said:

That's crazy, best to wait I think as it might spread to elsewhere. Perversely London is the most remain-centric city in England so it should be easier to organise something elsewhere in theory.

i dunno. I think its quite good Leavers take the fight to the lions den. 

All the remain events tend to be in their little echo chambers. London, Cambridge, Brighton, Oxford...perhaps the studenty bits of Bristol/Manchester/Edinburgh.

Lets see the Remainers hold a march in Sunderland or Hull...perhaps introduce their rhetoric to the leave areas...you know, the parts of the country they need to convert, instead of the already converted. 

Wont hold my breath.

Funnily, the echo chamber comment was summed up on HIGNFY the other week, when they poked fun at a remainiac at a London rally who said 'its great, its like the entire array of people who shop at Waitrose has come out to protest' ...unironically. 

And therein lies their problem. Remainiacs don't see the issue because Remainiacs havent seen their areas stagnate over the last 25 years. People who shop at waitrose do not constitute the majority of the British public. Not even close. 

Edited by PatronizingGit

4 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Funnily, the echo chamber comment was summed up on HIGNFY the other week, when they poked fun at a remainiac at a London rally who said 'its great, its like the entire array of people who shop at Waitrose has come out to protest' ...unironically. 

And therein lies their problem. Remainiacs don't see the issue because Remainiacs havent seen their areas stagnate over the last 25 years. People who shop at waitrose do not constitute the majority of the British public. Not even close. 

Thank fuck - finally someone has found something positive to say on this thread