• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Brexit Betrayal thread

Just for fun: Tonight's 'Meaningful Vote'  

58 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Theresa May will LOSE by...

• 400+ votes
    • 300 - 399 votes
    • 250 - 299 votes
    • 🏆 200 - 249 votes
    • 150 - 199 votes
    • 100 - 149 votes
    • 50 - 99 votes
    • 0 - 49 votes
    • She'll Win (WTF)
    • Don't care

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/19 at 19:00

17 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

as I understand it, parliament get to vote on releasing funds for preparing for a hard brexit?

So say the UK heads for a no deal Brixit March 29th, and some random day before then, parliament votes to not prepare for it? really? is that ever likely to happen? don't answer that, those idiots probably would.

As for May presenting her plan B, she should simply say ther deal was plan B, plan A was to win the referendum :)

10 hours ago, Hopeful said:

I got the same, of course

All kicked into touch. But at least the MPs can say that they have been debated as the rules stipulate

To be fair, MPs must be thoroughly sick of all these petitions where they know that their debate is no more than a pretence.

I'm sick of the petitions for their very pretence too.

Daughter works in parliament. Apparently it is commonly known that these petitions are taken no notice of and are laughed about. 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Daughter works in parliament. Apparently it is commonly known that these petitions are taken no notice of and are laughed about. 

They might take notice if 20 million signed one though.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Nah, they think they are untouchable and beyond reproach or even democracy 

For now.

I’ve got a feeling that the government aren’t going to keep getting away with ignoring the electorate and attempting to suppress debate about uk issues.

1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

For now.

I’ve got a feeling that the government aren’t going to keep getting away with ignoring the electorate and attempting to suppress debate about uk issues.

Hopefully. But the ballot box is where real differences will be made. Vote them out and vote in those who will carry out the will of the people 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, One percent said:

I signed one a couple of years ago but it never updated/confirmed I was added. Thinking the project was a sincere effort to improve democracy I wrote an email to the admin pointing out the shortfall and got an exquisitely passive disdainful reply about two months later, so seems it is not so sincere

Edited by Panther

1 minute ago, Panther said:

I signed one a couple of years ago but it never updated/confirmed I was added. Thinking the project was a sincere effort to improve democracy I wrote an email to the admin pointing out the shortfall an got a passively disdainful reply about two months later, so seems it is not so sincere

I’m guessing it’s like elections. Offers the illusion of democracy. 

16 minutes ago, One percent said:

Of course, why would anyone sentient suspect otherwise ?

13 minutes ago, One percent said:

Hopefully. But the ballot box is where real differences will be made. Vote them out and vote in those who will carry out the will of the people 

Any suggestions?

Pre-prepared media setup is plain to see as they scrape the barrel.

Nobody is interested and nobody cares about a crap Tory MP where 78.3% of her constituents turned out where 20% more of them voted to leave rather than remain.

Her agenda is unconstitutional and an insult to her constituents who she obviously despises 35754 of them.

1537192478_Screenshot-2019-1-9EUreferendumTheresultinmapsandcharts.png.d5712ee71864df8fe5c8fea5b1957ca3.png

1573651019_Screenshot-2019-1-9GoogleNews.png.d7134bcf4cddf4690127c248aafbfe51.png

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Her agenda is unconstitutional and an insult to her constituents who she obviously despises 35754 of them.

It's worserer than that!

When the seat was recreated in 1983, Sir Jim Lester of the Conservative Party represented it until the seat was gained in 1997 by Nick Palmer of the Labour Party, but the Conservative candidate Anna Soubry narrowly gained it in 2010 by 389 votes. She retained the seat with an increased majority in 2015; which was reduced again to 863 votes in 2017.

Her legitimacy stands on 863 people out of 40+ million.

If I were her, I'd shut the fuck up. ;)

Edited by XswampyX

Where are the house of Lords in all of this?

Do they think the house of Commons is doing such a good job of fucking it up their skills in this arena are not currently required?