• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Brexit Betrayal thread

Just for fun: Tonight's 'Meaningful Vote'  

58 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Theresa May will LOSE by...

    • 400+ votes
      0
    • 300 - 399 votes
    • 250 - 299 votes
    • 🏆 200 - 249 votes
    • 150 - 199 votes
    • 100 - 149 votes
    • 50 - 99 votes
    • 0 - 49 votes
    • She'll Win (WTF)
    • Don't care

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/19 at 19:00

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, maynardgravy said:

I'm going!!!

I must admit I wavered a bit 'cos  my missus got a bit concerned over the Antifa stuff. But I tucked my little 3 year old in earlier after reading his usual dinosaur stories and had a bit of a Shakespeare 'St. Crispin's day' speach moment. You know -the bit - '...And gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here and hold their manhoods cheap...' 

Not that I blame anyone for opting out, it's just that my journey in is pretty easy so no excuses and I'll be buggered if a bunch of bedwetters should put me off defending democracy.

Also, it's a bit of a myth IMO that London is overtly remain. Half of the city wasn't even born here, so if we leave out the turkeys that don't vote for xmas that leaves a lot larger 'indigenous' populous unhappy with the status quo. They also keep quiet for fear of being outed Donald Sutherland style at the end of the Bodysnatchers. That fear is starting to slowly ebb away.

I'll be updating too.

The outing is starting to reverse.

The likes of Sutherland are being outed now.

Edited by twocents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maynardgravy said:

I'm going!!!

I must admit I wavered a bit 'cos  my missus got a bit concerned over the Antifa stuff. But I tucked my little 3 year old in earlier after reading his usual dinosaur stories and had a bit of a Shakespeare 'St. Crispin's day' speach moment. You know -the bit - '...And gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here and hold their manhoods cheap...' 

Not that I blame anyone for opting out, it's just that my journey in is pretty easy so no excuses and I'll be buggered if a bunch of bedwetters should put me off defending democracy.

Also, it's a bit of a myth IMO that London is overtly remain. Half of the city wasn't even born here, so if we leave out the turkeys that don't vote for xmas that leaves a lot larger 'indigenous' populous unhappy with the status quo. They also keep quiet for fear of being outed Donald Sutherland style at the end of the Bodysnatchers. That fear is starting to slowly ebb away.

I'll be updating too.

I know were all espousing the keep it peaceful line, but ... if you should happen across mr jones we will all look the other way if you were tempted to give the cunt a slap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

I know were all espousing the keep it peaceful line, but ... if you should happen across mr jones we will all look the other way if you were tempted to give the cunt a slap.

Just pour salt on him :-)

Edit: That’s an insult to slugs, they probably serve a purpose.

Edited by OurDayWillCome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DTMark said:

Why not enjoy that moment again - I never tire of this

 

Let's face it. This is far more likely to be his motivation for aligning himself with a rabble of violent thugs. This sort of public humiliation, at the height of his influence and power will eat away at the soul of any poundshop Goebbels, let alone one who seems to have plagiarised Rik Mayall's "People's Poet".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the So-Called BBC have started early with their hit pieces on the demo. Currently 5th best read, pretty good considering its Sunday morning. The more they do thee hit pieces the more people switch of to the So-Called BBC bias.

" A counter-protest against "far-right extremists" is being organised to take place at the same time, with anti-fascist groups and Labour-backed campaigners taking part. " - they say 'Labour backed' to try and make the counter demo more credible (that nice balanced reporting again from the So-Called BBC).

" Labour's John McDonnell said a "network of hate" was emerging. " - but he fails to mention the hate is within the Labour party and far left

The opening 8 paragrapghs/sentences are all what I would call anti or negative towards the demo.

"Deputy Assistant Commissioner Laurence Taylor of the Metropolitan Police said: "The right to protest is a fundamental right in our democratic society, but this right must be balanced against the right of people to go about their day without fear of violence, disorder or disruption."

He said police would "adopt a robust arrest policy on anyone who attends and is intent on violence and disorder"."

Lets hope the police robustly arrest any far left extremists who try to spoil the Brexit demo, because some of them will certainly try.

Don't take the bait, keep it peaceful. BBC reporters will be there waiting to get that single negative shot of someone from the Brexit march.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you're planning on smashing up something that matters don't bother - ask anyone who went to Hyde Park to protest against the Iraq war.

(Sorry to be a buzzkill BTW)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spunko said:

For those who are going, what are your plans. The meeting commences at 11.45am at Park Lane and then sets off at 12.15pm. I'll probably wait until it gets half way.

Police website linked to earlier says you can’t. I bet there will be barriers along the route 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SNACR said:

Unless you're planning on smashing up something that matters don't bother - ask anyone who went to Hyde Park to protest against the Iraq war.

(Sorry to be a buzzkill BTW)

It's a tricky one. If nobody goes then they will use that as "proof" that "the people have changed their mind and want another vote".

I wouldn't have called for it. It's either pointless if 17.5 million turn up or damaging if they don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, One percent said:

Police website linked to earlier says you can’t. I bet there will be barriers along the route 

So you have to join in from the very beginning? O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Unless you're planning on smashing up something that matters don't bother - ask anyone who went to Hyde Park to protest against the Iraq war.

(Sorry to be a buzzkill BTW)

I tend to agree, I don't expect much, but I'd rather go and see for myself who is responsible for the violence (i think we know). I've also wanted to go back to London for a while and would never go on any day except Sunday as it's quite quiet (normally).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XswampyX said:

It's a tricky one. If nobody goes then they will use that as "proof" that "the people have changed their mind and want another vote".

I wouldn't have called for it. It's either pointless if 17.5 million turn up or damaging if they don't.

To be brutally honest anyone who thinks they're ever getting a total divorce from the EU, curtailed immigration and any real slowing in the globalist direction of travel is as naive and deluded as anyone who voted for Trump and really thought he'd build a wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SNACR said:

To be brutally honest anyone who thinks they're ever getting a total divorce from the EU, curtailed immigration and any real slowing in the globalist direction of travel is as naive and deluded as anyone who voted for Trump and really thought he'd build a wall.

Somehow it reminds me of "Hotel California".o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SNACR said:

To be brutally honest anyone who thinks they're ever getting a total divorce from the EU, curtailed immigration and any real slowing in the globalist direction of travel is as naive and deluded as anyone who voted for Trump and really thought he'd build a wall.

I think the point is to be as awkward and belligerent as possible to counter the monolith of oppression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.