• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Brexit Betrayal thread

Just for fun: Tonight's 'Meaningful Vote'  

58 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Theresa May will LOSE by...

• 400+ votes
    • 300 - 399 votes
    • 250 - 299 votes
    • 🏆 200 - 249 votes
    • 150 - 199 votes
    • 100 - 149 votes
    • 50 - 99 votes
    • 0 - 49 votes
    • She'll Win (WTF)
    • Don't care

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/19 at 19:00

1 hour ago, maynardgravy said:

I'm going!!!

I must admit I wavered a bit 'cos  my missus got a bit concerned over the Antifa stuff. But I tucked my little 3 year old in earlier after reading his usual dinosaur stories and had a bit of a Shakespeare 'St. Crispin's day' speach moment. You know -the bit - '...And gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here and hold their manhoods cheap...' 

Not that I blame anyone for opting out, it's just that my journey in is pretty easy so no excuses and I'll be buggered if a bunch of bedwetters should put me off defending democracy.

Also, it's a bit of a myth IMO that London is overtly remain. Half of the city wasn't even born here, so if we leave out the turkeys that don't vote for xmas that leaves a lot larger 'indigenous' populous unhappy with the status quo. They also keep quiet for fear of being outed Donald Sutherland style at the end of the Bodysnatchers. That fear is starting to slowly ebb away.

I'll be updating too.

The outing is starting to reverse.

The likes of Sutherland are being outed now.

Edited by twocents

2 hours ago, maynardgravy said:

I'm going!!!

I must admit I wavered a bit 'cos  my missus got a bit concerned over the Antifa stuff. But I tucked my little 3 year old in earlier after reading his usual dinosaur stories and had a bit of a Shakespeare 'St. Crispin's day' speach moment. You know -the bit - '...And gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here and hold their manhoods cheap...' 

Not that I blame anyone for opting out, it's just that my journey in is pretty easy so no excuses and I'll be buggered if a bunch of bedwetters should put me off defending democracy.

Also, it's a bit of a myth IMO that London is overtly remain. Half of the city wasn't even born here, so if we leave out the turkeys that don't vote for xmas that leaves a lot larger 'indigenous' populous unhappy with the status quo. They also keep quiet for fear of being outed Donald Sutherland style at the end of the Bodysnatchers. That fear is starting to slowly ebb away.

I'll be updating too.

I know were all espousing the keep it peaceful line, but ... if you should happen across mr jones we will all look the other way if you were tempted to give the cunt a slap.

45 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

I know were all espousing the keep it peaceful line, but ... if you should happen across mr jones we will all look the other way if you were tempted to give the cunt a slap.

Just pour salt on him :-)

Edit: That’s an insult to slugs, they probably serve a purpose.

Edited by OurDayWillCome

5 hours ago, DTMark said:

Why not enjoy that moment again - I never tire of this

Let's face it. This is far more likely to be his motivation for aligning himself with a rabble of violent thugs. This sort of public humiliation, at the height of his influence and power will eat away at the soul of any poundshop Goebbels, let alone one who seems to have plagiarised Rik Mayall's "People's Poet".

the So-Called BBC have started early with their hit pieces on the demo. Currently 5th best read, pretty good considering its Sunday morning. The more they do thee hit pieces the more people switch of to the So-Called BBC bias.

" A counter-protest against "far-right extremists" is being organised to take place at the same time, with anti-fascist groups and Labour-backed campaigners taking part. " - they say 'Labour backed' to try and make the counter demo more credible (that nice balanced reporting again from the So-Called BBC).

" Labour's John McDonnell said a "network of hate" was emerging. " - but he fails to mention the hate is within the Labour party and far left

The opening 8 paragrapghs/sentences are all what I would call anti or negative towards the demo.

"Deputy Assistant Commissioner Laurence Taylor of the Metropolitan Police said: "The right to protest is a fundamental right in our democratic society, but this right must be balanced against the right of people to go about their day without fear of violence, disorder or disruption."

He said police would "adopt a robust arrest policy on anyone who attends and is intent on violence and disorder"."

Lets hope the police robustly arrest any far left extremists who try to spoil the Brexit demo, because some of them will certainly try.

Don't take the bait, keep it peaceful. BBC reporters will be there waiting to get that single negative shot of someone from the Brexit march.

Unless you're planning on smashing up something that matters don't bother - ask anyone who went to Hyde Park to protest against the Iraq war.

(Sorry to be a buzzkill BTW)

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

For those who are going, what are your plans. The meeting commences at 11.45am at Park Lane and then sets off at 12.15pm. I'll probably wait until it gets half way.

Police website linked to earlier says you can’t. I bet there will be barriers along the route 

Just now, SNACR said:

Unless you're planning on smashing up something that matters don't bother - ask anyone who went to Hyde Park to protest against the Iraq war.

It's a tricky one. If nobody goes then they will use that as "proof" that "the people have changed their mind and want another vote".

I wouldn't have called for it. It's either pointless if 17.5 million turn up or damaging if they don't.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Police website linked to earlier says you can’t. I bet there will be barriers along the route 

So you have to join in from the very beginning? O.o

4 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I tend to agree, I don't expect much, but I'd rather go and see for myself who is responsible for the violence (i think we know). I've also wanted to go back to London for a while and would never go on any day except Sunday as it's quite quiet (normally).

1 minute ago, XswampyX said:

It's a tricky one. If nobody goes then they will use that as "proof" that "the people have changed their mind and want another vote".

I wouldn't have called for it. It's either pointless if 17.5 million turn up or damaging if they don't.

To be brutally honest anyone who thinks they're ever getting a total divorce from the EU, curtailed immigration and any real slowing in the globalist direction of travel is as naive and deluded as anyone who voted for Trump and really thought he'd build a wall.

1 minute ago, SNACR said:

To be brutally honest anyone who thinks they're ever getting a total divorce from the EU, curtailed immigration and any real slowing in the globalist direction of travel is as naive and deluded as anyone who voted for Trump and really thought he'd build a wall.

Somehow it reminds me of "Hotel California".o.O

4 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I think the point is to be as awkward and belligerent as possible to counter the monolith of oppression.