• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Brexit Betrayal thread

Just for fun: Tonight's 'Meaningful Vote'  

58 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Theresa May will LOSE by...

• 400+ votes
    • 300 - 399 votes
    • 250 - 299 votes
    • ūüŹÜ 200 - 249 votes
    • 150 - 199 votes
    • 100 - 149 votes
    • 50 - 99 votes
    • 0 - 49 votes
    • She'll Win (WTF)
    • Don't care

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/19 at 19:00

1 hour ago, Alex said:

......an Englishman near me, intelligent guy and/but definite remain voter, surprised me by piping up with, "If there was another vote I'm pretty sure it would also be leave, only more so."....

People voted Brexit because of FOM and all the other "left behind (the few)" reasons.  It's not exactly as if things have got better - Brexit has shown the breakdown of democracy, blatant self interest and spin, unwarranted and false elitism, widespread arrogance and distain for the ordinary folk, a traitorous civil service, a voracious EU, a corrupt MSM, etc, etc, etc.  You bet!  This genie is well out of the bottle!

Edited by Harley

44 minutes ago, spunko said:

You can reduce your payments on account though, with a reason. Maybe @Frank Hovis knows more about it? I did it once, because I took a large dividend to buy a house, and the fuckers wanted me to pay the huge amount of tax on it, in both Jan and July. I believe you can with a reason  i.e. it's a one-off.

No sorry @spunko, not my area of expertise at all.  Personal tax avoidance is my paid yet unsalaried speciality :)

36 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Anecdotally I'm seeing more people on social media having the courage to some out and post pro-Brexit sentiments, but an even larger number claiming to have voted remain but now saying, "just get it over and done with". I think the non-rabid part of the population are just fed up to the back teeth with the whole thing and are seeing the nutters for what they are.

As the meme says - oh how sad, never mind.

I think these were the undecided ones, perhaps deep down they wanted to vote leave but were a bit unsure and project fear was enough to tip them to the safe option of the status quo.

Many of those are now seeing what a load of BS project fear was.

5 minutes ago, null; said:

I think these were the undecided ones, perhaps deep down they wanted to vote leave but were a bit unsure and project fear was enough to tip them to the safe option of the status quo.

Agreed - I think it's quite natural for people who don't really know what they want to vote for the "no change" option. But this appalling clusterfuck has probably helped quite a lot of them decide what they actually do want.

Besides, if a second referendum was so certain to end in a remain majority, we'd probably already have had one.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

You can reduce your payments on account though, with a reason. Maybe @Frank Hovis knows more about it? I did it once, because I took a large dividend to buy a house, and the fuckers wanted me to pay the huge amount of tax on it, in both Jan and July. I believe you can with a reason  i.e. it's a one-off.

Yes you can. You can state that the profits for accounts yet to be filed will be lower and get a reduction.

However, if it turns out you were not entirely honest, you will get fines and interest.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

They tried it on with me over some non employment income.  The nice man changed it once it was obviously a historical one off.

Edited by Harley

When we CRASH out of the EU land Rover will close down after a few days, Honda will also close and so will Nissan. The whole world is TERRIFIED that there will be a NO DEAL and we will go over the cliff edge. Already tens hundreds of thousands of jobs in the car industy will be lost with a NO DEAL and we CRASH out of Europe.

Thank God we have got John Bercow who will ignore democracy and the rule of law to save us by making sure we can not CRASH out of Europe with NO DEAL. I am sure by next week Drucker will allow us to tear up Article 50 and stay in the EU ... there will be a few changes ... adoption of the Euro, no rebate, EU Army, no votes obviously but at least we will not CRASH out.

The MPs are proving they will do anything, legal, illegal, underhand, anything to  help themselves make sure they save us from CRASHING out of the EU.

Edited by satch

2 hours ago, null; said:

You can fool some of the people some of the time......

28 minutes ago, One percent said:

the So-Called BBC going on about Greive wanting to delay bexit. For some reason, they decided to allow comments 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46840589

sort by highest rated. Most are calling them out for the anti democratic sham that it is. xD

IMO there will be riots in some areas of uk if the referendum result isn’t honoured. Remain voters with a brain are also disgruntled about the delaying of carrying out the result of a democratic vote. Leave the eu won the vote.

I think I read it on Dosbods......a comment about the hypocrisy of knickerless Sturgeon who wants Brexit reversed......if yes had won the Scottish independence vote and the no voters were trying to thwart the result she would support democratic voting results wholeheartedly and denounce those trying to subvert it.

Most MPs are self serving twats and I think more of the population are waking up to it as the uk living standards continue to decline

22 hours ago, spunko said:

I've done it every year for about ten now as fuck giving HMRC any money before they actually know I should. 

I just put in the wee note box - "Don't expect income to be as high next year."

That's it.  

I pay them on time every year and have for a decade. I don't expect to pay them early on a whim because they feel like it. 

4 minutes ago, ccc said:

I've done it every year for about ten now as fuck giving HMRC any money before they actually know I should. 

I just put in the wee note box - "Don't expect income to be as high next year."

That's it.  

I pay them on time every year and have for a decade. I don't expect to pay them early on a whim because they feel like it. 

That's interesting, I wondered if doing it repeatedly would flag you up for an audit. Keen to avoid that...Not that I'm not declaring everything, honest Guv. 

13 minutes ago, spunko said:

That's interesting, I wondered if doing it repeatedly would flag you up for an audit. Keen to avoid that...Not that I'm not declaring everything, honest Guv. 

I am keen to avoid any audit but I've nothing to hide bar the ir35 nonsense. Which I fully believe I've been honest on. 

And that's a massive grey area anyway. 

14 minutes ago, ccc said:

I am keen to avoid any audit but I've nothing to hide bar the ir35 nonsense. Which I fully believe I've been honest on. 

And that's a massive grey area anyway. 

Have they ever won a IR35 case. These days I am mostly working for companies outside the UK. Fixed price Sow and best of all no VAT for the government 

2 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

Have they ever won a IR35 case. These days I am mostly working for companies outside the UK. Fixed price Sow and best of all no VAT for the government 

A couple I think. But then I'm sure there are loads where folk bring investigated have come to some agreement and just paid a portion. Who knows. 

3 minutes ago, ccc said:

A couple I think. But then I'm sure there are loads where folk bring investigated have come to some agreement and just paid a portion. Who knows. 

It's completely bonkers legislation. True sadly you cannot fight the tax man the cash must flow. 

A mate of mine committed suicide over tax issues

We're odds on now for a mass cabinet resignation followed by postponement, unless of course the deal goes through which wouldn't be that surprising.

55 minutes ago, Bakez said:

We're odds on now for a mass cabinet resignation followed by postponement, unless of course the deal goes through which wouldn't be that surprising.

It is shocking how they ignore and manipulate.

They truly thought they would get a remain victory.

They have no intention of doing what we voted for the social contract is broken 

1 hour ago, ad_ceng said:

It's completely bonkers legislation. True sadly you cannot fight the tax man the cash must flow. 

A mate of mine committed suicide over tax issues

Very sad about your taxpayer mate. The MSM is full of stories about suicide by benefit recipients but the truth is that many working people feel they have no other option in life. A couple of years ago a very popular and widely regarded as decent self employed male drove to a nearby motorway and jumped off a bridge. An oncoming lorry unable to stop ensured his death. Very sad.

I loathe how government attacks decent small SME and individuals while bigwigs in corporations get huge pay and avoid tax. The employees on paye have no choice because it’s deducted and gone. Self employed have a chance to try and keep their earnings but if tax department targets them it’s enough to break many of the honest.

33 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Very sad about your taxpayer mate. The MSM is full of stories about suicide by benefit recipients but the truth is that many working people feel they have no other option in life. A couple of years ago a very popular and widely regarded as decent self employed male drove to a nearby motorway and jumped off a bridge. An oncoming lorry unable to stop ensured his death. Very sad.

I loathe how government attacks decent small SME and individuals while bigwigs in corporations get huge pay and avoid tax. The employees on paye have no choice because it’s deducted and gone. Self employed have a chance to try and keep their earnings but if tax department targets them it’s enough to break many of the honest.

It is terrible and nothing short of bullying as they know they cannot really fight back. The state is a bully and out of control. 

On 10/01/2019 at 20:26, Harley said:

They tried it on with me over some non employment income.  The nice man changed it once it was obviously a historical one off.

same here, I did 12 months consultancy on top of my normal PAYE. I declared this extra income over two tax years and in the 3rd HMRC wanted a couple of K off me in January, 13 months after the consultancy ended. They cancelled it once I explained the situation to them.

HMRC staff were really helpful, but I've turned down a couple of consultancy jobs since cause it's not worth the hassle with HMRC.

Edited by snaga

4 hours ago, One percent said:

the So-Called BBC going on about Greive wanting to delay bexit. For some reason, they decided to allow comments 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46840589

sort by highest rated. Most are calling them out for the anti democratic sham that it is. xD

Thanks for the heads up. I registered an account on their site specifically to make some comments on that one but none of them made it past the moderators. I don't think you are allowed to say "arse" and you are not allowed to say anything critical of the So-Called BBC themselves. Ah well... it was, at least, therapeutic for a couple of minutes.

I don't think they'll make the mistake of allowing comments again... can't let free speech or reality get in the way of the establishment narrative.

Just now, BadAlchemy said:

Thanks for the heads up. I registered an account on their site specifically to make some comments on that one but none of them made it past the moderators. I don't think you are allowed to say "arse" and you are not allowed to say anything critical of the So-Called BBC themselves. Ah well... it was, at least, therapeutic for a couple of minutes.

I don't think they'll make the mistake of allowing comments again... can't let free speech or reality get in the way of the establishment narrative.

Not that long ago, in the right had column, they had a tab about most commented on or similar. It’s gone. 

They really don’t give a shit about what you think. 

On 10/01/2019 at 18:38, One percent said:

Never trusted them after their behaviour in the war. Nasty, vindictive race. 

I could almost forgive them for the atrocious way they treated allied POWs during the war if they really had atoned for their sins. AFAIK however, The history of Japanese war crimes is not taught in Japanese schools, unlike in Germany.

However, look at where the brainwashing of the Germans has got us. They seem happy to sell their country, culture, future and their European compatriots down the river - anything to avoid the chance of being seen as "right wing".

Edited by Mirror Mirror