• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spunko

Brexit Betrayal thread

Just for fun: Tonight's 'Meaningful Vote'  

58 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Theresa May will LOSE by...

• 400+ votes
    • 300 - 399 votes
    • 250 - 299 votes
    • ūüŹÜ 200 - 249 votes
    • 150 - 199 votes
    • 100 - 149 votes
    • 50 - 99 votes
    • 0 - 49 votes
    • She'll Win (WTF)
    • Don't care

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/19 at 19:00

Some users on Going Postal are arranging to go to London to protest next Tuesday outside Westminster. Any Dosbodders planning on going? I don't work in London so won't be there myself. 

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Some users on Going Postal are arranging to go to London to protest next Tuesday outside Westminster. Any Dosbodders planning on going? I don't work in London so won't be there myself. 

Who are these rich peopke who can afford train fares?

Do any people living outside of the M25 ever go on these London protests?

26 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Who are these rich peopke who can afford train fares?

I just surprised there are any train users that are still alive after the stabbing frenzy.

20 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

TFL are taking sides. Cheeky bastards!

xD

So if I wanted (and paid for) adverts saying THE ONLY WAY FORWARD IS FOR  NO DEAL do you think that would be allowed?

18 minutes ago, satch said:

So if I wanted (and paid for) adverts saying THE ONLY WAY FORWARD IS FOR  NO DEAL do you think that would be allowed?

I doubt it. I suppose that there's only one way to find out for sure...

xD

21 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Once the toll bridge has been built... they will.

Correct.

I also heard that by monday, the shutdown will have cost more than Trump was seeking for the wall.

It's just political bollocks.

The Wall.

It is politics: Trump gets to deliver another election promise; the Democrats can't have that, even though they have campaigned for years on having one (even becomes a campaign issue for fictional Democrat candidate Santos in the West Wing c 2004/2005). It seems generally the left are slightly more full of shit than the right... then along comes Donald Trump - a non-politician - who is true to his word.

2 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

The Wall.

It is politics: Trump gets to deliver another election promise; the Democrats can't have that, even though they have campaigned for years on having one (even becomes a campaign issue for fictional Democrat candidate Santos in the West Wing c 2004/2005). It seems generally the left are slightly more full of shit than the right... then along comes Donald Trump - a non-politician - who is true to his word.

yes he is attempting to forefill his election promises,which is more than most politicians.

2 hours ago, XswampyX said:

Once the toll bridge has been built... they will.

they can fuck em up trade wize and via vizas if they so choose.say they made them pay the same has i paid to go turkey them 40 quids a pop will soon add up.

10 minutes ago, Bakez said:

Is it true that the wall costs the same as 1 month in the Middle East?

No.

You could fund it twice! ;)

2 trillion / 2001 - 2018 = 216 months = $ 9,259,259,259 per month.

58 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/12/brexit-no-deal-border-chaos

foi request reveals government is now using some military planners to help prepare for no deal. Guardian spinning it as project fear supply chain and transport apocalypse.  Headline about we are going to kill 1 in 3 of all the sheep because of worse prices without access to eu market (and presumably put them in landfill) for good measure, which they admit a few lines later is a non story that Vince Cable was lying about. It's getting to boy who cried wolf levels of lies now and every story like this reinforces that they are bullshitting.

FWIW I think bringing in military planners is revealing in the sense that it suggests government and civil service do not have the experience or organisational skills to work on real world change outside the institutionalised frameworks of bureaucracy. It leaves me wondering if they also need people from the private sector working on this, and should they have started work summer 2016, not a few weeks before the event. Maybe being shown up as unable to do their jobs and justify their status, decision making powers and salaries is what the establishment was afraid of all along.

I hope someone's being carrying out a combat estimate since the day Article 50 was invoked. 

1 hour ago, Caravan Monster said:

foi request reveals government is now using some military planners to help prepare for no deal. Guardian spinning it as project fear supply chain and transport apocalypse.  Headline about we are going to kill 1 in 3 of all the sheep because of worse prices without access to eu market (and presumably put them in landfill) for good measure, which they admit a few lines later is a non story that Vince Cable was lying about. It's getting to boy who cried wolf levels of lies now and every story like this reinforces that they are bullshitting.

FWIW I think bringing in military planners is revealing in the sense that it suggests government and civil service do not have the experience or organisational skills to work on real world change outside the institutionalised frameworks of bureaucracy. It leaves me wondering if they also need people from the private sector working on this, and should they have started work summer 2016, not a few weeks before the event. Maybe being shown up as unable to do their jobs and justify their status, decision making powers and salaries is what the establishment was afraid of all along.

Speaking in the Commons last week, Liberal Democrat leader Vince Cable said he had been told by civil servants of contingency plans to slaughter a third of all British sheep in the event of no deal.

More meat made available to mitigate their threatened food shortages?

It would be no great surprise if instead they sent the carcasses to landfill to support prices. 

Vince is an economist of course (as well as a politician) so he will know best.

Edited by twocents

2 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

Yes and despite all their different catchy soundbite slogans about voting for "change" they really don't like real change at all as they might have to do some real work for a change.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, twocents said:

More meat made available to mitigate their threatened food shortages?

It would be no great surprise if instead they sent the carcasses to landfill to support prices. 

Vince is an economist of course (as well as a politician) so he will know best.

UK Sheep flock stands at 33,337,000 of which 16,240,000 are breeding ewes.

If we assume that the number of rams is trivial, that equates to 17,097,000 lambs

UK produces 298,000,000 kg of sheep meat a year

in 2016 the average sheep carcass weight at slaughter was 19.2kg

That equates to 15,520,833 sheep and so about all the lambs are slaughtered, and given the time of year, I'd expect about 30% to be slaughtered in the Spring

Cable is a disingenuous cunt

If I have my basic maths right

Edited by Hopeful