• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Inbreeds, religion and benefits

On R4 Sunday - my token nod to religion - listening to what the loons are up to.

Right, weirdly its been exploded by a divorce in the  Hassidic Jewish community.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6475277/Victim-born-ultra-orthodox-Jewish-community-tells-finally-courage-flee.html

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/chasidic-leaders-stamford-hill-scam-housing-benefits-1.467958

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/stamford-hill-leaders-reject-benefit-fraud-claims-1.467985

https://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/news/crime-court/housing-benefit-fraud-and-tax-evasion-rife-in-orthodox-jewish-sect-high-court-hears-1-5634940

Just goes to show how having a non contributor benefit system with HB is open to scammed.

The Hassidics are doing exactly the same as the muslim, hwo scam it more by getting in >1 wives into houses.

Edited by spygirl

21 minutes ago, One percent said:

I thought that you couldn’t claim housing benefits if rent off family?  This is clearly open to abuse. 

You can't.

HB rentals need to be very strictly controlled as there so many people of faith doing exactly the same.

MOve to contrib benefit system, cap HB at 400/m - poof all this shit goes.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

You can't.

HB rentals need to be very strictly controlled as there so many people of faith doing exactly the same.

MOve to contrib benefit system, cap HB at 400/m - poof all this shit goes.

But the property was in her brother’s name. I guess they had different surnames and nobody checked. 

As you say, I bet this is rampant in many communities. 

I was scrap HB completely, biuld dormitories and let people live there very cheaply. If they have no work, they can be given a job. 

We could call them workhouses 

24 minutes ago, One percent said:

I thought that you couldn’t claim housing benefits if rent off family?  This is clearly open to abuse. 

You can if it’s a seen as commercial tenancy and not contrived to get housing benefit 

In reality once the HB is being paid there is nothing to stop the landlord giving some or all of the money to the tenants in cash. 

2 minutes ago, Malthus said:

You can if it’s a seen as commercial tenancy and not contrived to get housing benefit 

In reality once the HB is being paid there is nothing to stop the landlord giving some or all of the money to the tenants in cash. 

And they want to raise taxes whilst allowing wholesale fraud to happen. 

I don’t think so. 

1 hour ago, One percent said:

I was scrap HB completely, biuld dormitories and let people live there very cheaply. If they have no work, they can be given a job. 

We could call them workhouses 

when i did history A level I remember the teacher almost in tears when she talked about the terrible workhouses,

she wasn't happy when I said that I couldn't see the problem - they had a house... and work ! and they were always free to leave.

Apparently they separated the chav men and women so they didn't breed like rabbits - she said

and, the problem is?

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

I know it's the Daily Mail, but I read it anyway. There are other religious sects which are just as weird, and don't like people leaving.

I don’t care what religious sects do.  As long as it doesn’t involve fraudulent stealing from taxpayer. It has to be paid for and whist the benefit system is one massive leaky colander of fraud, young people just trying to better themselves are loaded with debt and my pension disappears in a puff of smoke.

We need to decide what to spend the tax take on and letting people take it fraudulently isn’t helping anyone other than the fraudsters.  

2 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

when i did history A level I remember the teacher almost in tears when she talked about the terrible workhouses,

she wasn't happy when I said that I couldn't see the problem - they had a house... and work ! and they were always free to leave.

Apparently they separated the chav men and women so they didn't breed like rabbits - she said

and, the problem is?

Probably snobbery?o.O

2 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

and, the problem is?

I do remember my gran being scared stiff of ending up in the workhouse. I guess though it focused the mind. 

If people are unable to support themselves, I think it’s an excellent idea. 

Just now, Hopeful said:

How do you plan to stop them ?

Dunno. I’ve not got that far in my thinking. xD

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I don’t care what religious sects do.  As long as it doesn’t involve fraudulent stealing from taxpayer. It has to be paid for and whist the benefit system is one massive leaky colander of fraud, young people just trying to better themselves are loaded with debt and my pension disappears in a puff of smoke.

We need to decide what to spend the tax take on and letting people take it fraudulently isn’t helping anyone other than the fraudsters.  

It's sort of two mixed threads here, like chips and custard, one of my favourite delicacies.:S

Just now, MrPin said:

It's sort of two mixed threads here, like chips and custard, one of my favourite delicacies.:S

It is. It’s the waste of taxpayer  my money that I rail against on practically every thread. 

Religeon, I don’t care what anyone does as long as it doesn’t impact others negatively or that others are expected to pay for it. 

Where religion is though as it seems to be used as a card for access to special treatment. This is a good few centuries after the enlightenment where Europe threw off such childlike beliefs. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

It is. It’s the waste of taxpayer  my money that I rail against on practically every thread. 

Religeon, I don’t care what anyone does as long as it doesn’t impact others negatively or that others are expected to pay for it. 

Where religion is though as it seems to be used as a card for access to special treatment. This is a good few centuries after the enlightenment where Europe threw off such childlike beliefs. 

Yes. I don't know what to do with religion, and neither did China, and the former USSR. For some it is a guidance, and makes great sense, and for others it is a prison.O.o

18 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

and, the problem is?

The conditions in the workhouses were harsh, a deliberate ploy to encourage people to try to find a job and leave. People in them did get free medical treatment and regular meals which those outside working but living in poverty didn't.

2 minutes ago, Option5 said:

The conditions in the workhouses were harsh, a deliberate ploy to encourage people to try to find a job and leave. People in them did get free medical treatment and regular meals which those outside working but living in poverty didn't.

You could always try the offshore platforms? Free meals, and a bonus when you get home and time in lieu off. Mind you, the bars are empty.

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

You could always try the offshore platforms? Free meals, and a bonus when you get home and time in lieu off. Mind you, the bars are empty.

They would be better utilised as prisons, you think Alcatraz was hard to escape from :)

Just now, Option5 said:

They would be better utilised as prisons, you think Alcatraz was hard to escape from :)

I often thought of it as paid prison. Orange outfits, and (mostly) just a bunch of blokes in a confined space, with a gym.

37 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

They weren't a safe refuge. The male inmates had to carry out hard physical labour, typically breaking rocks with hand tools. A craftsman subjected to that work for more than a few weeks would suffer such severe damage to his hands that he might never be able to carry out his trade again. They weren't a panacea they were more likely places of torture for desparate people.

4 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

They weren't a safe refuge. The male inmates had to carry out hard physical labour, typically breaking rocks with hand tools. A craftsman subjected to that work for more than a few weeks would suffer such severe damage to his hands that he might never be able to carry out his trade again. They weren't a panacea they were more likely places of torture for desparate people.

Yes, cracking rocks is no good for a down-at-luck concert pianist. Chopin will never sound the same again.

Edited by MrPin