• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Christmas Tree Thread

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

I haven’t got one yet :CryBaby:  even went up west today looking for one. All crap unless you want to spend silly money 

no worries ours is but a twig with a broken bauble...

Edited by JackieO

1 minute ago, JackieO said:

no worries ours is but a twig with a broken bauble...

Picture or we don’t believe you. o.OxD

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Well it's up, but it's not very exciting.

The last time I did the one at work it was described as looking like a lorry had crashed into it.

Picture?  o.O

24 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Well it's up, but it's not very exciting.

The last time I did the one at work it was described as looking like a lorry had crashed into it.

You should go off to the urologist with that one.O.o

Haven't bothered with a tree (of any decorations)  for years, and in my lifetime the total spoend has been £5, and that was the one year when on Xmas eve I couldn't find a place willing to get rid of unsold stock for free, my usual place being unusually treeless at 16,00 on Xmas eve.

15 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Haven't bothered with a tree (of any decorations)  for years, and in my lifetime the total spoend has been £5, and that was the one year when on Xmas eve I couldn't find a place willing to get rid of unsold stock for free, my usual place being unusually treeless at 16,00 on Xmas eve.

I’m surprised there is no roadkill being hung to mature. Can’t you dangle some baubles off it?  

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m surprised there is no roadkill being hung to mature. Can’t you dangle some baubles off it?  

Actually, the GF and I have just had a discussion about festive nosh. Seems there is a bit of a rebellion from foraged. We might end up with 4 ribs of beef.

Hope I don't damage the car too much..........

Edited by Hopeful

2 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Actually, the GF and I have just had a discussion about festive nosh. Seems there is a bit of a rebellion from foraged. We might end up with 4 ribs of beef.

Hope I don't damage the car too much..........

xD

you need to get the car in front to hit it. If you do, legally you can’t pick it up. 

Dont ask why or even how I know this bit of trivia. 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

xD

you need to get the car in front to hit it. If you do, legally you can’t pick it up. 

It relates primarily to game birds, especially to pheasants which are property. It was to disinsentivise people from willfully running them over. Make it an offense to hit it AND pick it up. But if you find a dead one, OK.

Same that you could be prosecuted for running a dog over in the countryside but not in town. In the countryside a dog has as much right to the road as you, but in a town dogs must be on leads. That law also stems to dogs being property becuase you had to pay for a license.

Edited by Hopeful

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

xD

Are you suggesting ram raiding the local butcher?

Last year a bloke in a pub car park near me selling xmas trees. He left quite a mess of chopped-off branches for some reason and after he went home I collected enough to make a nice-looking decoration although not actually a tree I still put trimming on. 

This year he has gone up in the world and much tidier with one of those hoop things that wraps a net around. So I am stuck don't know what to do.

No tree or decorations here. I done it when kids were younger then daughter took over. When she left home six years ago that was the end of Xmas decorations here. 

Son and daughter will both be here at Xmas and both don’t seem to mind that I view the 25th December as just another day that’s blown up out of proportion to try and make people spend.