• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Wight Flight

Christmas traditions

7 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

Anyone have any slightly weird ones?

In our house we all drink a six pack of Pepsi and play on the PS4 on Christmas Eve.

And no one is allowed to go for a wee until midnight.

Eating the Christmas dinner in silence

it really is for the best

I always have a can of Murphy's Stout with my breakfast, which is also a proper full on cooked breakfast.

The important thing about the Stout however is it needs to be air chilled, left out in the garden over night rather than in the fridge. There is logic in both that and the breakfast, my mum always used to buy too much food so all the drinks in our house were kept in the shed in the garden over Christmas as the fridge was packed, she was also terrible at timings and so despite the claim of Christmas dinner at 2 it would always be well in to the afternoon* so you would be starving by the time it arrived.

* I know that's not unusual but as a family we have always tended to be early eaters.

Edited by gilf

10 hours ago, gilf said:

I always have a can of Murphy's Stout with my breakfast, which is also a proper full on cooked breakfast.

The important thing about the Stout however is it needs to be air chilled, left out in the garden over night rather than in the fridge. There is logic in both that and the breakfast, my mum always used to buy too much food so all the drinks in our house were kept in the shed in the garden over Christmas as the fridge was packed, she was also terrible at timings and so despite the claim of Christmas dinner at 2 it would always be well in to the afternoon* so you would be starving by the time it arrived.

* I know that's not unusual but as a family we have always tended to be early eaters.

Christmas dinner at 1.30, same as every Sunday dinner. I can guarantee to have it on the table at the stated time. 👍

10 hours ago, gilf said:

What about Plum porter, seasonal an all.

12 hours ago, Captain Cavey said:

Go to Sandringham and open our presents on Christmas Eve.

Rip foxes to shreds on Boxing Day.

Perfectly normal, ya?

Rather have Turkey personally.

Sliced or shredded,  I'm easy.

18 minutes ago, One percent said:

That’s not a real Christmas dinner. There is no starter of Yorkshire pudding. 

Yorkshire pudding? No chance of that foreign food appearing on my table, I'm a Lancastrian

Edited by Option5

Christmas tradition for us is always a snowball with breakfast. Followed by me frigging about sorting kids' toys out (thankfully we're through putting tiny stickers on toy aeroplanes), followed me being hammered by about 12.30, doing the gravy and yorkies, eating dinner then being asleep by about 3.30. Awake at about 6pm, finish off the pigs in blankets then continue to get hammered until everyone has gone to bed. Then I have a few more drinks, a little teary raised glass to passed family then off to bed.

Every year.

Just now, Roger_Mellie said:

Christmas tradition for us is always a snowball with breakfast. Followed by me frigging about sorting kids' toys out (thankfully we're through putting tiny stickers on toy aeroplanes), followed me being hammered by about 12.30, doing the gravy and yorkies, eating dinner then being asleep by about 3.30. Awake at about 6pm, finish off the pigs in blankets then continue to get hammered until everyone has gone to bed. Then I have a few more drinks, a little teary raised glass to passed family then off to bed.

Every year.

When you say snowball, do you mean the snow version or the advocaat and lemonade?