• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Chelsea racists

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Bbc have helpfully smudged out the old blokes shouting abuse at Raheem.

Now maybe im some enlightened sports fan but when i look at raheem, i dont see a black man, i see some with spazzy girly t rex arms.

Lolz - & a pigeon chest

I just cant understand how fully grown men can get so excited about this stale sport, whilst sat down for 90 minutes in their £70 seat. Chelsea used to only get 10,000 or so in the 80s, and only 30,000 or so until the Russian bought their success and destroying what was left of fair competition.

A small pointless football club with mouthy posh fans.

(i had season tickets for from 1982 to 1988) but now when i go to football which is only a few times a season i get bored .

Edited by Band

I saw Chelsea play Tottenham once back in the 80s and the foul stuff shouted (racist and otherwise) by both sides was enough to stop me ever going to see another football game.

By contrast I saw Canada play Italy at rugby just after I moved here and, when one of the Canadian fans started yelling stuff about wops, supporters from his own side shouted at him to shut up and threw beer at him.

57 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I saw Chelsea play Tottenham once back in the 80s and the foul stuff shouted (racist and otherwise) by both sides was enough to stop me ever going to see another football game.

By contrast I saw Canada play Italy at rugby just after I moved here and, when one of the Canadian fans started yelling stuff about wops, supporters from his own side shouted at him to shut up and threw beer at him.

The difference is the shape of the balls. With Rugby. all the fighting is on the pitch. I'm afraid soccer is 22 poofs with permed hair, moaning about a scratch on their knee.:Old:

I haven’t yet decided where this chap falls on my outrage-o-meter scale - possibly above Jade Goody but below the cat wheelie bin woman.

Edited by SNACR

The most noteworthy  thing about the incident was not the behaviour of the spectators but their age.

What is the Premier League going to do when its increasingly geriatric fan base snuff it. 

As far as I can see current Chelsea hooligans are just the same people who were knocking about doing the same things decades ago when I was younger. The only real change I can see is that the poorer ones have been eliminated by high ticket prices. 

Similarly, the people complaining about the abuse are equally delusional. The behaviour of these fans is not atypical. As far as I can see it is par for the course at most games. If these types of fans are eliminated from the game then there wont be others to replace them since it tends to be exactly the sort of people who dished out the treatment to Sterling who are the ones that turn up week in and week out at home games and fork out a fortune for Sky Sports etc to watch the festival of  tedium that is the English Premier League 

Edited by Virgil Caine

15 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

The most noteworthy  thing about the incident was not the behaviour of the spectators but their age.

What is the Premier League going to do when its increasingly geriatric fan base snuff it.  

My kids, 6, love playing football but have zero interest in watching it. Likewise for their friends. The only footballers they know of are Messi and Ronaldo and a handful of clubs. This is in the south of England, maybe it's different up north. 

I like Raheem Sterling as a player, and can't think of anything I particularly dislike about his conduct off the field. I think the Chelsea fanbase has a considerably larger than average wanker contingent. But I'm still prepared to take the bloke's explanation at face value:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6481297/Chelsea-fan-accused-racially-abusing-Sterling-says-called-MANC-c-not-black-one.html

I only started going to football matches a few years ago, well into my 30s. I've come to enjoy and appreciate the game, but really the reason I got into it was that I really enjoy the singing and the banter. I rarely if ever sit close to the pitch, and if I did I don't think I'd scream abuse at a player taking a corner or a throw unless I thought they'd egregiously cheated earlier in the match, but I do think that attempting to wind up opposition players is fair enough.

I'm of the opinion that Adam Johnson got a ludicrously harsh sentence; I don't think fingering a 15 year old is even illegal in France. But that didn't stop me joining in the chorus of "fuck off Adam Johnson, you're going down for noncing" when we were last up at Sunderland...

7 hours ago, Band said:

I just cant understand how fully grown men can get so excited about this stale sport, whilst sat down for 90 minutes in their £70 seat. Chelsea used to only get 10,000 or so in the 80s, and only 30,000 or so until the Russian bought their success and destroying what was left of fair competition.

A small pointless football club with mouthy posh fans.

(i had season tickets for from 1982 to 1988) but now when i go to football which is only a few times a season i get bored .

Spot on.

TV money has ruined Division 1 and is beginning to ruin Division 2.

Teams used to have high local contingents and those from other areas were still loyal and often stayed for their whole careers; crowds could get behind teams because the teams were as loyal as they were.  Players would often be out celebrating with fans after big wins.

Now the most depressing sight is seeing the players of the big premier league teams getting off the bus. Mercenaries from the Balkans, Africa, or South America.

All with headphones in, ignoring both their team mates and their fans.

That's not a team; how can you "passionately" support a bunch of mercenaries who don't give a stuff about who they play for as long as they become rich?

2 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

As far as I can see current Chelsea hooligans are just the same people who were knocking about doing the same things decades ago when I was younger. The only real change I can see is that the poorer ones have been eliminated by high ticket prices. 

Similarly, the people complaining about the abuse are equally delusional. The behaviour of these fans is not atypical. As far as I can see it is par for the course at most games. If these types of fans are eliminated from the game then there wont be others to replace them since it tends to be exactly the sort of people who dished out the treatment to Sterling who are the ones that turn up week in and week out at home games and fork out a fortune for Sky Sports etc to watch the festival of  tedium that is the English Premier League 

Yeah, I find this idea being pushed that football is some bastion of rainbow tolerance apart from this one bad apple, who must be immediately witch hunted down, beyond the pale.

How many openly gay players are there, these days? A lot less than there really is that's for sure.

12 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Yeah, I find this idea being pushed that football is some bastion of rainbow tolerance apart from this one bad apple, who must be immediately witch hunted down, beyond the pale.

How many openly gay players are there, these days? A lot less than there really is that's for sure.

Well that idea isn't being pushed by the mainstream media; they're as usual pushing the idea that football fans are a bunch of deplorables. I've seen some bad behaviour at football games, some of that from fans of my own team; but I can honestly say I've never seen or heard any racist or homophobic abuse.

I don't know why no active player has come out yet. I do however know several openly gay fans. I go to most away games with one of them.

Edited by Rave

50 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

Proper nasty boat >:(

Every football hooligan story begins with

'there was only three of us...'

and ends with

'...and then we took their end'

Chelsea always struck me as a bunch of wankers, Millwall not so much, West Ham somewhere in the middle. That more or less covers London doesn't it?

Edited by Panther

I used to stand at the Stretford End, old Trafford in the late 80s. Racist chants were the norm, seem to remember MoTD didn't do much crowd noise editing back then either. I remember the crowd chanting

"shoot that N^&£^&"

"what fucking N^&£^&"

"that fucking N^&£^&8"

A black player, I think from WBA, put two fingers to his head, pulled the trigger and fell over on the penalty spot. He wasn't a snowflake and earned a lot of respect for that, the crowd stopped abusing him for the rest of the game.

Edited by snaga

17 minutes ago, snaga said:

I used to stand at the Stretford End, old Trafford in the late 80s. Racist chants were the norm, seem to remember MoTD didn't do much crowd noise editing back then either. I remember the crowd chanting

"shout that N^&£^&"

"what fucking N^&£^&"

"that fucking N^&£^&8"

A black player, I think from WBA, put two fingers to his head, pulled the trigger and fell over on the penalty spot. He wasn't a snowflake and earned a lot of respect for that, the crowd stopped abusing him for the rest of the game.

Exactly, I've heard football fans shouting/singing some very colourful things, and it's mostly either an attempt to wind up the opposing players, or express dissatisfaction with their own team.

29 minutes ago, snaga said:

"shout that N^&£^&"

"what fucking N^&£^&"

"that fucking N^&£^&8"

By football's standards (obviously not like rugby) they were proper hard men, the WBA Three Degrees. They won respect at a time when there wasn't much going around, and asked for sympathy from no-one. Never met any of them, but I met John Regis the runner - a brick shithouse of a man - if his cousin Cyrille was built anything like him then the defenders up against him must have suffered a bit.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Spot on.

TV money has ruined Division 1 and is beginning to ruin Division 2.

Teams used to have high local contingents and those from other areas were still loyal and often stayed for their whole careers; crowds could get behind teams because the teams were as loyal as they were.  Players would often be out celebrating with fans after big wins.

Now the most depressing sight is seeing the players of the big premier league teams getting off the bus. Mercenaries from the Balkans, Africa, or South America.

All with headphones in, ignoring both their team mates and their fans.

That's not a team; how can you "passionately" support a bunch of mercenaries who don't give a stuff about who they play for as long as they become rich?

It's been an interesting watch up here with my young kids playing. They do take it very seriously here (I'm the exception to the rule as I give less than zero to the negative fucks about football) and I think a lot of the Dad's have dreams of their kids being scouted at one of these games. 

It's not beyond the realms of possibility as I've seen some scouts from the big teams at a few of the games and some of the kids - including one on my boys team - are phenomenally talented. I've sat with my jaw on the floor watching some of these kids play. 

All of that said, I think some of the pressure being put on to the kids is inappropriate and it's clearly the parents projecting on to the kids. I look at it as a kick-about and nothing more, they're 6 years old FFS. We were having a few beers with the parents and the mum of the very talented kid mentioned about him being scouted. Cue one of the other mums warning her (strongly) that while it may seem like a dream come true, the reality was that it was a very shitty, shady world to be involved in and she should think very long and hard about whether she really wanted her child involved in it. She called it the 'footballing X-factor'.

What made that very interesting was that her husband is an ex top-flight professional footballer who still gets asked for his autograph when we go for beers. I guess she's in the know...

He is one of those players a lot of people don’t like. The shenanigans over his move from Liverpool and then taking a while to start performing at Man City haven’t helped his reputation. I don’t think it’s due to his colour more his personality. Robbie Savage received worse media attention and abuse from fans that wasn’t due to his colour but because a lot of people thought he was a twat. 

I lived 5 minutes from Stamford Bridge for a year. On match days there would be groups of old skinhead thugs roaming the streets looking for a fight. They made the whole area unpleasant to live in.

3 hours ago, Rave said:

Well that idea isn't being pushed by the mainstream media; they're as usual pushing the idea that football fans are a bunch of deplorables. I've seen some bad behaviour at football games, some of that from fans of my own team; but I can honestly say I've never seen or heard any racist or homophobic abuse.

I don't know why no active player has come out yet. I do however know several openly gay fans. I go to most away games with one of them.

Same here. Season ticket holder for years, up until this season, and I've never heard or seen it.