DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

Smiggle, apaprently.

Ive seen a few but never been in.

Oz compnay, so the same genius as Westfarmers who put BBQ in BnQ in UK winter - What do you mean Bruce, there summer is in winter! Noone told me that cobber.

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

.....he same genius as Westfarmers who put BBQ in BnQ in UK winter..

Along with the outdoor play sand in winter!

They should have traveled more!

One for the MBAs, if they also still exist!

Edited by Harley

Castlevania
On 13/06/2019 at 07:43, spygirl said:

Smiggle, apaprently.

Ive seen a few but never been in.

Oz compnay, so the same genius as Westfarmers who put BBQ in BnQ in UK winter - What do you mean Bruce, there summer is in winter! Noone told me that cobber.

Smiggle. Where a smile meets a giggle. 

I don’t think it’s aimed at you.

sancho panza
On 05/06/2019 at 12:22, Bedrag Justesen said:

Intu Properties voting against the Arcadia restructuring.

They can't publicly reveal they are lowering rents for Green.

Surprising if they can't agree something privately.

Lot of empty units if not.

There's a reason they're tapping 25 year lows.Upward only innit.....

we done Monsoon yet?

More upward onlys for British Land and Hammerson

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/06/monsoon-founder-faces-landlord-demands-ahead-cva-launch/

Monsoon Accessorize founder Peter Simon will launch a CVA next week, and is facing demands from landlords to alter the terms of the multi-million pound support package.

Landlords of the company’s stores have told Simon that they want him to provide more than £30 million of rescue funding in the form of equity, rather than secured loans, Sky News reports.

Six landlords, including British Land and Hammerson, have told Simon that they are less likely to back his his rescue plan unless he agrees to the change

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, XswampyX said:

Did somebody pull the plug? 

The line "purchased by private equity firm then sold 2 years later" probably tells the story of what's happened..

Another business asset stripped by the vultures is my bet..

• Agree 3

Noallegiance
2 hours ago, Durabo said:

How the fuck is this appropriate for a national broadcaster?

"Yeah, Ponzi schemes and debt-driven GBF competitor assassins are totally normal. Just stick your money in and cross your fingers.

#Gambleaware - When the fun stops, STOP"

It's been a while since bubblenomics boiled my piss. But this one's a new level of taxpayer-funded bollocks.

Fuck me.

• Agree 1

Regarding bathstore.

I renovated our previous house in 2013 and used a fair bit of stuff from there. What was clear, and confirmed by the guy working his notice at our local store was that quality was falling. They were using the absolute minimum plating thickness on taps etc. Anywhere they could cut costs, they appeared to be.

I used them previously in 2004 and the quality was better then.

One percent
19 minutes ago, Iamcynical said:

Regarding bathstore.

I renovated our previous house in 2013 and used a fair bit of stuff from there. What was clear, and confirmed by the guy working his notice at our local store was that quality was falling. They were using the absolute minimum plating thickness on taps etc. Anywhere they could cut costs, they appeared to be.

I used them previously in 2004 and the quality was better then.

Would never buy unbranded stuff. The other thing I’ve learned is to use local suppliers but go in with the best price you can find on the internet. They normally match it but if not order online 

Very general

https://www.cityam.com/bad-debt-insurance-claims-at-highest-since-2009/

The number of insurance claims made this year by UK businesses facing bad debts has reached its highest level in ten years, figures published today show.
In the first quarter 57 firms every day were helped by trade credit insurers, data from the Association of British Insurers (ABI) show.
The high volume of claims is being driven by Brexit uncertainty, rising business rates, competition from online sales, weaker consumer spending and increased operating costs due to the weaker pound, the research found.
The latest government figures show a six per cent increase in company insolvencies in the first three months of the year.
In the first quarter there were 5,114 new trade credit insurance claims made, up six per cent on the previous quarter to their highest level since the second quarter of 2009.
The value of claims paid was £48m, up £1m on the previous quarter.

2 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

The high volume of claims is being driven by Brexit uncertainty

FFS!  Easy pickings for the loss adjuster!  Better off blaming it on the dog!

Edited by Harley

crashmonitor
On 24/05/2019 at 20:58, Bedrag Justesen said:

Pound Bakery ate Greggs lunch here.

Massive queue at lunchtimes.

I'm quite impressed with the Pound Bakery Bakewell tarts. So long as eaten on the day they really are top quality ( I've eaten enough to know: moist filling and a fine pastry. 2 for a quid.

Greggs cakes don't get me started. Absolutely nothing British about them. There is basically a choice of continental pastries, muffins or cream cakes and nearly all the fillings are variations of chocolate..white, double, single choc etc. and priced about a quid each. At one time they had traditional rock cakes, bread puddings, Shrewbury type biscuits and the sort of thing a good British bakery would do. For my palate, Gregg's current line total rubbish I'm afraid.

Pound Bakery Bakewell of restaurant quality if eaten fresh...

20190629_125043.thumb.jpg.f95e5276c9b8c3f0ad02c5f3af32687a.jpg

• Agree 2

Tepilo/Emoov financial results (following collapse in December) https://thenegotiator.co.uk/emoov-northern-shell/

"... eMoov debtors included Google, HMRC, a Korean investment fund, Rightmove, Channel 4, Viewber and Metropix. Other companies who like Northern & Shell had shares in the agency included Channel 4 Ventures, Sarah Beeny, and TV’s Dragon Den star James Caan.
In February, after the financial dust had settled, just £456,000 was returned to creditors who collectively were owed £15.6 million."

Italy’s two-year bond yield falls below zero on budget hopes

Country’s debt rallies sharply on rising expectations Rome will avoid clash with EU

https://www.ft.com/content/0efbb8e8-9c9f-11e9-9c06-a4640c9feebb

I dnt read this this a 'Woohoo! Go EU! Go EU!'

Any financial system/regulation central banking system which has people lending money to Italy for free is fucked beyond all sanity.

In relaity, its the ECB pouring money into Ialian bonds. Then ,soon ,theyll have to stop and, bang!, there goes italy and the ECB.

• Agree 2

reformed nice guy
3 hours ago, spygirl said:

Funding circle

https://www.ft.com/content/d44b23e0-9c90-11e9-9c06-a4640c9feebb

Mentioned recently, fried of sons Dads just gone under. FC pulled in a loan.

Does have the smell of something going wrong/panic.

I think I have mentioned it before, but I started pulling out my money years ago when they started to not allow individual selection of funding.

It used to be a reverse bid system, where you put your max interest rate and amount to the company of your choice. Funding circle provided their own rating (A+, A, B, C), you saw the accounts and you could even ask them questions.

Then a lot of 'diverse' businesses which had A+ ratings, especially cash & carries, would default. Investors would do their own investigations and find that some had reopened or other funny business.

Then certain A+ companies of a certain background were no longer getting funded....

Funding Circle changed the system so that you now give them money and they spread it across all companies that have applied. That was their downfall as they moved more towards a recovery company than an investment company. They should have read their Adam Smith and let the market decide.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-7204261/Construction-activity-sees-biggest-plunge-nearly-10-years.html

'Sledgehammer' blow for construction as Brexit sends the sector into its biggest plunge since the recession

Even with all the villages and towns round here facing a completely unprecedented amount of new builds going up, and a trip to London which is awash with new flats, the sector tanks.

Noallegiance
37 minutes ago, spunko said:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-7204261/Construction-activity-sees-biggest-plunge-nearly-10-years.html

'Sledgehammer' blow for construction as Brexit sends the sector into its biggest plunge since the recession

Even with all the villages and towns round here facing a completely unprecedented amount of new builds going up, and a trip to London which is awash with new flats, the sector tanks.

Let me think. I wonder what kind of thing was happening a decade ago that might be similar now...

Nope. #Brexit

50 minutes ago, spunko said:

Nope.

Identical situation to the car industry.

Pumped so much money, brought so much building forward, theyvd run out of demand and money.

5 very lean years now.

• Agree 1