DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

One percent
On 08/07/2019 at 23:09, Andersen said:

I thought anywhere handling customers money had to keep a dedicated client account to protect the funds - it looks like I was wrong >:( https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-7220007/Collapse-cattle-auction-house-Wright-Marshall-hits-1-100-farmers.html

"More than 1,100 farmers have not been paid for their livestock after the collapse of a cattle auction house which failed to keep its clients' money ring-fenced."

"The money paid by successful bidders was not kept separately from the other finances of Wright Marshall Auctioneers which went bust on June 26." 

It is definitely like that for solicitors.  A friend years ago who had his own firm was struck off for not keeping the accounts separate. Mind he was as dodgy as fuck too. All sorts of scams on the go 

sancho panza
4 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

Blimey look at Intu Plc share price.

Looking at their net income and balance sheet,I'm surprised it's that high.I presume they're assuming their properties are worth £9bn despite the fact that they can't make a profit from them.

https://uk.investing.com/equities/intu-properties-financial-summary

Struggling to see a way out for a lot of these LL's.

sancho panza

Dare I even suggest it,but their pricing structure is archaic and based around bricks n mortar bracnhes that are fading fast.Marke cap of £5bn and profits of£150mn.EA's abandoning the platform due to the fees being £1200 pcm,competition from Ebay/Purplebricks etc

I think RM are toast

Decl-short

image.png.6c463102107a8ab16b69f2fd33fd17e2.png

7 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Dare I even suggest it,but their pricing structure is archaic and based around bricks n mortar bracnhes that are fading fast.Marke cap of £5bn and profits of£150mn.EA's abandoning the platform due to the fees being £1200 pcm,competition from Ebay/Purplebricks etc

I think RM are toast

Decl-short

Im not sure.

I think of RM as consolidating small the bricks nmortagrs agents and moving sales online.

I see EAs surviving  by moving to a small, cheaper office in a business park, and moving all customer facing online.

RM subs are better value than a large plate glass window on a secondary street.

Theres *so* secondary real estate, occupied by EAs, that is going to be shut in few years.

Only thing keeping them going has been rip off rental fees.

Gone now.

Couldn't the RM model move to copy Purplebricks a little more, and allow sellers/landlords to list directly with them and cut out the estate agents completely? It seems the logical step to me once income from remaining estate agents dips below a level where RM thinks it is no longer worth supporting them.

Thomas Cook has essentially collapsed today.  They're being bought out, but it is more of a case of a not-quite pre-pack rather than 'major investor' as is being sold in the news.  [happily, people who have already got hols booked with them will get to keep their hols]

• Agree 1

Democorruptcy
10 hours ago, sancho panza said:

I think RM are toast

Decl-short

Could 2018 be peak advertisers, after they found an extra 27 for +0%?

https://plc.rightmove.co.uk/investors/strategic-report/financial-review.aspx

RM.jpg

sancho panza
On 12/07/2019 at 08:29, spygirl said:

Im not sure.

I think of RM as consolidating small the bricks nmortagrs agents and moving sales online.

I see EAs surviving  by moving to a small, cheaper office in a business park, and moving all customer facing online.

RM subs are better value than a large plate glass window on a secondary street.

Theres *so* secondary real estate, occupied by EAs, that is going to be shut in few years.

Only thing keeping them going has been rip off rental fees.

Gone now.

House sales are moving online.EA sales are going down.The two aren't one and the same.RM probably won't be going bust any time soon as there's little debt but I think it's begining it's long slow march back to £1 per share.

Big move on the continent is selling via Ebay.Just no need for an RM of any sort.Purple bricks effecgively-for a fee give punters access to RM-ergo,likely no need for PB either.

Big issue for RM is its fee structure which is levied per physical branch or an approxiamtion for online Ea's like PB.Problem is the fees keep going up but workable leads don't necessarily follow.The whole industry is going sotuh but there's none so bloated as RM in terms of valuation.

Countrywide hitting the skids will be a biggie for them but I don't think it will mean extra business for anyone lese necessarily.

On 12/07/2019 at 10:06, Durabo said:

Couldn't the RM model move to copy Purplebricks a little more, and allow sellers/landlords to list directly with them and cut out the estate agents completely? It seems the logical step to me once income from remaining estate agents dips below a level where RM thinks it is no longer worth supporting them.

If RM cuts out the physicla Branch EA's out of the loop, they're toast,if they don't ,they're toast.I agree it's the locial step but there's too many EA's chasing too few transactions period.

On 12/07/2019 at 10:56, Democorruptcy said:

Could 2018 be peak advertisers, after they found an extra 27 for +0%?

https://plc.rightmove.co.uk/investors/strategic-report/financial-review.aspx

RM.jpg

Interesting link DM,also states rev per advertiser up 9% which would concur with all the bleating from EA's on propertyindustryeye.

Like I said,be interesting when Countrywide hits the skids.

image.png.ad15bd75bbfe9f4e5e0aa1c769421718.png

Democorruptcy
9 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Interesting link DM,also states rev per advertiser up 9% which would concur with all the bleating from EA's on propertyindustryeye.

I assume you spotted the share buy backs at the same link? Using free cash flow of 168m in 2018 and 140m in 2017?

sancho panza
13 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

I assume you spotted the share buy backs at the same link? Using free cash flow of 168m in 2018 and 140m in 2017?

No I didn't DM-good spot,it doesn't specify the size of the buyback programme without going into the full report but states it's returning £168mn out of £198 operating oprofit......very generous.

My take is that it's a business in an industry in structural decline,technicals aren't screaming short but showing signs of topping out.Their shares have -imho-risen way beyond any sane measure would let you take a website that has bricks n mortar EA's as it's main clients..

Not a short I'll be shutting soon as I got on at 565.Tokk a loss on it earlier in the year when it was rising and i went in too soon.

• Agree 1

On 12/07/2019 at 10:06, Durabo said:

like idealista.com does in spain?

1 hour ago, sancho panza said:

can't be long now.

image.png.03574beb6910a36354fad4aeca9815fa.png

Id forgotten about the AA!

What an ongoing cluser fuck of PE -> flip, to CEO brawling, to sinking like a brick.

If you didnt learn from DEBs surely you can learn from AA?

On 02/07/2019 at 22:07, spygirl said:

Europe.

Despite being a group of 20 odd countries, the Eu leaders want Lagard n Vio De Keyen in charge. French shammyleather n German woman.

3000ff42-9cdd-11e9-9c06-a4640c9feebb?fit

https://www.ft.com/content/ec139050-adef-11e9-8030-530adfa879c2

In his final months at the European Central Bank, Mario Draghi has given himself a new mission: to restart economic stimulus in a bid to boost flagging global growth.

The man who in 2012 pledged to do “whatever it takes” to save the euro has little time left to deliver — he is set to step down as the central bank’s president in October and by then, markets and ECB-watchers expect, the ECB will have embarked on a fresh round of policy easing.

So, fucked it up. Despite all the Ohhh int he soooo european and clever and economististic

Mario ahs not even achieved kicking can downthe road.

Whatever the things that ail Europe -and there lots - its not cheap money.

Robo63 2 hours ago He may have done what ever it takes to save the euro, in the process he screwed the real economy, widened the inequality gap, hugely inflated the cost of retirement, encourage more saving to make up of the loss of yield and gave ammo to the populists. Thanks Mario your a winner.

• Agree 1

Germany

https://www.ft.com/content/08010baa-aeb6-11e9-8030-530adfa879c2

German factory executives have reported that the industry is in “free fall”, according to a survey that comes just hours before the European Central Bank’s policy decision.

The ~15 years gorge by China on Ger,na machines tools and plant is over.

Car industry has blotted its copy.

Any stimulus that'll lower the EURO will kick of a massive Trumpian trade war.

European market has no demand due to Germnaques austerity on national spending.

UKs still has demand but theres the issue about Brexit.

~3m mirants muzzers stabbing everyone.

On 23/01/2019 at 14:05, spygirl said:

Ive got 2 metro bank pens and a canvasy bag.

They had staff handing hem out for freebies as they moved into a v expensive corner site on a big shopping centre.

The woman who gave it to me looked like stripper whod go all the way in  a booth for an extra 20. I thinkthats where the yrecruited her.

I expect the pens to outlast the bank.

Still got the pens.

MB sp is down ~2,000p -> 400p.

One percent

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/25/uk-retailers-record-longest-period-of-falling-sales-in-eight-years

Britain’s retailers have recorded the longest period of falling sales for almost eight years, fuelling mounting concern for the economy ahead of Brexit.

The Confederation of British Industry said retail sales across the country had dropped for a third month running in July, marking the longest period for sliding sales since 2011.

Against a backdrop of heightened political uncertainty with less than 100 days to go before Brexit, sales dropped most for department stores, clothes shops and retailers selling other consumer goods such as jewellery and flowers.

19 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/25/uk-retailers-record-longest-period-of-falling-sales-in-eight-years

Britain’s retailers have recorded the longest period of falling sales for almost eight years, fuelling mounting concern for the economy ahead of Brexit.

The Confederation of British Industry said retail sales across the country had dropped for a third month running in July, marking the longest period for sliding sales since 2011.

Against a backdrop of heightened political uncertainty with less than 100 days to go before Brexit, sales dropped most for department stores, clothes shops and retailers selling other consumer goods such as jewellery and flowers.

I doubt the avarage person says we can’t go spunk cash on shit in case of brexit inflation particularly hidden inflation is behind it I suspect or it’s simply cheaper on amazon 

• Agree 1

One percent
Just now, stokiescum said:

I doubt the avarage person says we can’t go spunk cash on shit in case of brexit inflation particularly hidden inflation is behind it I suspect or it’s simply cheaper on amazon 

They’v been blaming it on Brexit for the last three years. 9_9

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, One percent said:

They’v been blaming it on Brexit for the last three years. 9_9

Or the weather even I’m out surporting local business my best excuse is if im

alive in 20 years will be a wanted to know where i

was when the uk recorded it’s highest elver temperature 

D7F9C645-80CB-4660-9D45-D7DB365418FC.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

One percent
11 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Or the weather even I’m out surporting local business my best excuse is if im

alive in 20 years will be a wanted to know where i

was when the uk recorded it’s highest elver temperature 

D7F9C645-80CB-4660-9D45-D7DB365418FC.jpeg

:o DONT FUCKING DO THAT!!!  

At at least give a warning of what’s been posted. xD

• Agree 1

Just now, One percent said:

:o DONT FUCKING DO THAT!!!  

At at least give a warning of what’s been posted. xD

It’s actualy very mellow in the beer garden no bag heads or alcoholics threatening to kill people for 5 quid maybe it’s to hot for them I’ve actualy stood myself down from

cunt mode to meer mortal mind I’ve had a fair few pints so it’s for the greater good particularly for me 

• Agree 1