DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

Just now, DurhamBorn said:

The old blokes where im from who grow leeks etc for the Workmans Clubs shows each year poison any cats that show up on their allotments.If the cats piss on anything the plants are dead and the soil ruined.It amazes me how cat owners simply think its ok for their cats to wander around shitting in everyone's gardens,killing millions of native wildlife and where young children cant even play in their gardens due to the shit and piss.I notice in Australia they are now shooting as many of the blighters as they can.Can you imagine a cafe full of stinking cats.It sounds like hell.I reckon the parents who lent the money were hoping simply to get shot of the couple.Maybe they knew they would lose the £40k,but thought it a price worth paying to get shot of them.I knew a guy who had a useless son and daughter in law,he lent them £10k for a stupid idea,and he knew they would lose it,but it meant they couldnt keep asking for £500 here and there anymore because they just got the answer you owe me ten grand.

Yes I used to get told off for playing in the garden for that reason!

But it's OK because Tiddles is so cute

4 hours ago, Tdog said:

8% is a very high number when the lender has a house as collateral. 

If it wasn't for the house it would be an eye watering number. These twats are doomed to fail.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Tdog said:

It seems high when the lender has 100% of it guaranteed in the house. If there was no collateral then it would seem extraordinarily  low to lend to 2 dumbfucks with the worlds shittest business idea.

Sillybilly's loan did not involve property worth more than the loan as collateral. Hence the banks are taking on a risk, with the house as collateral there is no risk.

But i could not really care less, the sooner this country can no longer print its way to prosperity with coffee shops and nail bars the better.

Lets say the idiots did invest in the business.

What would they spend 40k on - cars, paint n decor, job lot of cat food.

Theres nothing the bank could resell to recover.

So theyve now got the expensive n slow process of calling in the guarantors.

As gibbon said - if it wasnt for the collateral then theyd not get a loan full stop.

As durham said earlier, the final bill will be a lot higher than 40k - the legal process isnt cheap and will shoved on the loan.

• Agree 1

ive opened a wild dog cafe opposite, theyve got no chance. Big dog fight at noon every day, pikeys most welcome.

Bring your own dog.

• Agree 1

Cat Cafe @ Birmingham - guess how many there are / were??? :o Any guesses what if the life expectancy of a cafe is more or less than a cat ??

I've just got back from dropping somebody in central Birmingham and noticed a cat cafe. A guick DuckDuckGo hunt - and the first article (2015) is for 2 competing cafes https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/birminghams-two-rival-cat-cafes-8681583 neither are the one I saw https://www.kittycafe.co.uk/ (also at Notts & Leeds)

Am I out of touch, or are some places *WAY* past market saturation for cat cafes? O.o 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Andersen said:

Cat Cafe @ Birmingham - guess how many there are / were??? :o Any guesses what if the life expectancy of a cafe is more or less than a cat ??

I've just got back from dropping somebody in central Birmingham and noticed a cat cafe. A guick DuckDuckGo hunt - and the first article (2015) is for 2 competing cafes https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/birminghams-two-rival-cat-cafes-8681583 neither are the one I saw https://www.kittycafe.co.uk/ (also at Notts & Leeds)

Am I out of touch, or are some places *WAY* past market saturation for cat cafes? O.o 

Nah.

Theres still a huge unmet demand from single 35 + wimmin with drying up ovaries.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Well, boxing day sales will have counted.

By all accounts, brits are no longer spending in shops.

I was in Birmingham yesterday dropping someone off, walked through the centre, it was busy but not overcrowded - lots of folk looking but not spending (I wanted to buy a specific item - spent £5 at a market stall, resisted all the other "special offers").

I predict the headlines will blame Brexit for the lack of spending, no mention of any other possible factors  9_9

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Well, boxing day sales will have counted.

1st quarter rent day looming.

Whos going to throw towel in?

By all accounts, brits are no longer spending in shops.

Boomers have already done most their consumption. Most their money will now either be stuck in the bank or spent on the odd cruise. Millennials et al have no money to consume as it's being spunked on rent to boomer landlords or direct to the bank in a jumbo mortgage.

21 hours ago, Andersen said:

Lots of silly cows who like cats and like the sounds of playing entrepreneur by starting a vanity business like this. I like cats, always had cats but the thought of eating and drinking around dozens of the fuckers I find absolutely fucking revolting. It's a fad, it'll pass, most will close and most these idiots or their parents will lose their houses.

• Agree 7

14 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Boomers have already done most their consumption. Most their money will now either be stuck in the bank or spent on the odd cruise. Millennials et al have no money to consume as it's being spunked on rent to boomer landlords or direct to the bank in a jumbo mortgage.

Lots of silly cows who like cats and like the sounds of playing entrepreneur by starting a vanity business like this. I like cats, always had cats but the thought of eating and drinking around dozens of the fuckers I find absolutely fucking revolting. It's a fad, it'll pass, most will close and most these idiots or their parents will lose their houses.

good, vanity projects should teach a hard lesson.

• Agree 2

On 26/12/2019 at 14:23, spygirl said:

40k borrowing.

Not been able to fi d out who they borrowed from but 40k secured on parents house, 8% over 10 years sounds about right.

Payments will be 600/m.

They are just a pair of cretins who did not research the business.

Why not move to Scabby and work in a cafe, just to get a feel for the trade?

Ok, i think i can guess. Just seen an Ad on telly - Dog grooming parlour.

Woman dressed as a dog - Im just starting out...

Bloke goes - Im helping...

https://www.amigoloans.co.uk/guarantor-loans/for-self-employed-people

Ive brought up guarantoor loans esp Amigo in a seperate thread.

Theyve obv moved off doleys buying xmas presents n cars and mkved to UC self employed idiots.

Advertise 10k max, 40k is confyding.

Right down at the bottom, past theur paid for best... awards

Representative 49.9% APR (variable)

Assuming these people have took 40k, assuming that apr stands - 20k/year interest...

Quick google guves chart of business loans

https://www.money.co.uk/business-loans.htm

Pick a number between 5% n 50% ....

Marks and Spencer surely have to spin off their clothing part or just shut that down on 2020. Their Food offering, in my opinion, is absolutely shit and unfathomable why it's still going. Just seems to be ready meals for boomer women convinced they're too posh to buy one from Sainsbury's.

Perhaps that's a more profitable market than I realised. 

Once the emperor's new clothes fades that'll go under too, or get bought out by Morrisons - oh wait no, they'll go under as well imho. 

10 minutes ago, spunko said:

Marks and Spencer surely have to spin off their clothing part or just shut that down on 2020. Their Food offering, in my opinion, is absolutely shit and unfathomable why it's still going. Just seems to be ready meals for boomer women convinced they're too posh to buy one from Sainsbury's.

Once the emperor's new clothes fades that'll go under too, or get bought out by Morrisons - oh wait no, they'll go under as well imho. 

Answered your own question.

MnS food is the star bit. Clothings been the drag for ages.

My serious advice to MnS was to cut back clothing to half, top end stuff. Then offer 50% of floor space to Primark.

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Answered your own question.

MnS food is the star bit. Clothings been the drag for ages.

My serious advice to MnS was to cut back clothing to half, top end stuff. Then offer 50% of floor space to Primark.

To confirm, you were brought in by M&S to give advice on their retail strategy?

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

5 minutes ago, Ponty Mython said:

To confirm, you were brought in by M&S to give advice on their retail strategy?

No.

I know a local store manager.

Theyd spend millions getting the information they want to hear rather than the info they need to hear.

44 minutes ago, spunko said:

Yes and M&S food is all hype - a jar of peanut butter for example.  Any big supermarket I can find a jar of peanut butter that is purely ground up peanuts.  Often several different brands.

M&S? Their own (only) brand that also has sunflower oil mixed in.

Their chewy sweets are all veggie nonsense.  The veggie gelatin rubbish plays havoc with my guts

4 hours ago, Loki said:

Yes and M&S food is all hype - a jar of peanut butter for example.  Any big supermarket I can find a jar of peanut butter that is purely ground up peanuts.  Often several different brands.

M&S? Their own (only) brand that also has sunflower oil mixed in.

Their chewy sweets are all veggie nonsense.  The veggie gelatin rubbish plays havoc with my guts

Nah.

30 odd years since ive had a jelly sweet. Cola colins are nice.

1 hour ago, gibbon said:

I do wonder when all the rich boomers die off who the fuck exactly is going to shop in M&S in the numbers required to keep it afloat? 

Not sure they're rich, a lot of boomer women love credit cards. For all the fuss over the young and feckless with money, I never did come across anyone under 40 with a credit card when I  worked in retail.

(This was when we had to take the card and swipe it etc)

25381.jpg

• Agree 1