DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

8 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

One of the reasons I went to France was to get away from some serious Harassment.

I spoke to the police about it at the time and I will not hesitate to do so again. 

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/stalking-and-harassment

If you don't like what I say, block me. If you harrass me you had better be prepared to face the consequences of your actions 

I think you know who you are. 

@spunko based on events of a couple of years ago I find certain posts unwelcome, sinister and threatening. Please ask the person, or persons responsible to desist

Thanks 

I would rather that you put each other on ignore, that'd be best solution for all. :)

• Agree 11

TheCountOfNowhere
3 minutes ago, spunko said:

I would rather that you put each other on ignore, that'd be best solution for all. :)

I did several months ago and have requested they do the same . I've started to keep records now tho 

For someone you have no connection to to be pulling out facts about where you've lived in quite frankly frightening. 

If it doesn't stop I will go to the police, 1st and last warning. 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Let's not let personalities cause such friction that they cause this forum to fail please. 

It's a good insightful forum with many articulate posters, and it's not necessary for posts to become personal just because the individuals concerned have opposing views. 

It's also definitely not fair on @spunko as he runs this forum for all our benefit, so doesn't deserve any shit being put on him.  Consider him first before typing something that might overstep the mark, everyone has a different threshold to what they consider personal abuse remember! 

Edited by Iamcynical
  • Agree 11

17 hours ago, spygirl said:

I didnt fully grasp that Finablr *AND* NMC health are different companies from the same Indian billionaire.

https://www.ft.com/content/ca54a7ea-4c20-11ea-95a0-43d18ec715f5

For almost five decades, Indian businessman BR Shetty has represented the ultimate expat dream. Arriving in Abu Dhabi two years after the formation of the United Arab Emirates, he built two businesses that would elevate him into the pantheon of global billionaires after they listed on the London Stock Exchange.

Now, FTSE 100 healthcare provider NMC Health and Finablr, the financial services group that owns currency provider Travelex, are facing a battle for survival, after a string of problems that have not only diminished the wealth and reputation of 77-year-old Mr Shetty, but dealt a damaging blow to London’s financial market.

Whod have guess 2 companies, owned by the same Indian, operating from UAE could turn out to be such hobbled together piles of shit?

Heard Carston Block taliljg about NMC on R4 finance news this morning (Weds).

Fuck.

Piece of total fucking steaming shit.

Yet it will have paid £££££££ to 'city advisors' on listing. And ££££££ on auditing.

But its just a massive stinking pile of shit.

Why is a fraud operation in ME getting listing i nthe UK?

Oh yes, whitewashing n con.

19 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Last time I went to Bath it was silly money for a shit hotel. 

It's doubled since then. 

First time I went there it was run down, no one wanted to live there as its well away from civilisation. Was full of crusty dog on a string types and had some really rough bits.

It's doubled in price because it's a pleasant play to visit and live compared to local shit holes such as Bristol. I did a walking tour in Bath last year and got talking to a older American tourist woman. Told me she was going to visit Bristol the next day. I wanted to tell her not to bother as it's a shit hole and just do another day in Bath.

Anyway back on topic, I regularly check out the local businesses for sale and it's a bloodbath at the moment. Seems last xmas wasn't a good one and lot are already going to the wall. 

48 minutes ago, gibbon said:

It's doubled in price because it's a pleasant play to visit and live compared to local shit holes such as Bristol. I did a walking tour in Bath last year and got talking to a older American tourist woman. Told me she was going to visit Bristol the next day. I wanted to tell her not to bother as it's a shit hole and just do another day in Bath.

Anyway back on topic, I regularly check out the local businesses for sale and it's a bloodbath at the moment. Seems last xmas wasn't a good one and lot are already going to the wall. 

She shold have took the bus down to Bradford.

Or had a trip to Wells.

For a big city, Bristol is pretty limited.

And the traffic is hellish.

TheCountOfNowhere
7 hours ago, gibbon said:

I used to prefer Bristol to Bath, it was really run down at one point. Every dog has its day I guess. 

Where do you check out the businesses for sale? Online? Link? 

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2020/02/westfields-uk-centres-posts-drop-net-rental-income/

Westfield’s parent company has scaled back its development pipeline and ramped up its disposal programme as net retail income fell across its UK centres last year.

Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield reported a 4.2 per cent decline in like-for-like net rental income in the UK for the year to 31 December 2019 – making it the worst performing region for the group as both the US and continental Europe recorded growth of 2.4 per cent and 3.1 per cent respectively.

However, the shopping centre giant said footfall across UK centres for the same full-year period was up 2.8 per cent, outperforming the wider shopping centre index by 530 bps.

23 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2020/02/westfields-uk-centres-posts-drop-net-rental-income/

Westfield’s parent company has scaled back its development pipeline and ramped up its disposal programme as net retail income fell across its UK centres last year.

Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield reported a 4.2 per cent decline in like-for-like net rental income in the UK for the year to 31 December 2019 – making it the worst performing region for the group as both the US and continental Europe recorded growth of 2.4 per cent and 3.1 per cent respectively.

However, the shopping centre giant said footfall across UK centres for the same full-year period was up 2.8 per cent, outperforming the wider shopping centre index by 530 bps.

Ah footfall.

Beloved of shit hole towns BID directors, where the local shopping precinct is full of spiced up junkies and OAPs.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Ah footfall.

Beloved of shit hole towns BID directors, where the local shopping precinct is full of spiced up junkies and OAPs.

yerah i thought that too.

31 minutes ago, spygirl said:

No, for all HSBCs fault, they are pretty much bullet proof.

They are until they aren't.I suspect HSBC wson't go bust.Thyere systemic-worldwide.

However,the shares may get a lot cheaper.

TheCountOfNowhere
24 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

I like what Countrywide did here.they consolidated the shares so it looks like they havent lost 98.4% .Clever these EA's,unfortuantely no effect on profits

image.png.f00cea17be212a7cb1d85ac94c5b5f25.png

Didn't know they'd done that. What an embarrassment. Cw now like the cheap suit and hair gel of the stock market world. 

Their 5% fall today would be like a 25% fall in old money. 

Pmsl. 

How long can they last. 

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

38 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Didn't know they'd done that. What an embarrassment. Cw now like the cheap suit and hair gel of the stock market world. 

Their 5% fall today would be like a 25% fall in old money. 

Pmsl. 

How long can they last. 

Cant be long tbh.They ahd adeal running to sell off their commercial arm but it's peeing in the wind.reality is that maintianing a large head office plus assorted clingers cost cash.Genereally they're local EA offices aren't the busiest as you'd expect when theyre competing against well motivated local independents with no head office cost.

thing well end up with a few big interenet EAs and a load of small locals.CW is in the middle.

They're fucked.Thye probably cant even get a capital raising off for £20mn at the mo.Worth noting that goodwill and intangibles is £250mn...and it's not a sector I'd imagine the goodwil would matter much

image.png.de333250383fcde4cdfed9c3461e15c8.png

image.png.6ddf949be160d87f048ce7d343fa2fc5.png

image.png.19eddf2e3eb9b28603f329731b2505c2.png

Edited by sancho panza
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Cant be long tbh.They ahd adeal running to sell off their commercial arm but it's peeing in the wind.reality is that maintianing a large head office plus assorted clingers cost cash.Genereally they're local EA offices aren't the busiest as you'd expect when theyre competing against well motivated local independents with no head office cost.

thing well end up with a few big interenet EAs and a load of small locals.CW is in the middle.

They're fucked.Thye probably cant even get a capital raising off for £20mn at the mo.Worth noting that goodwill and intangibles is £250mn...and it's not a sector I'd imagine the goodwil would matter much

image.png.de333250383fcde4cdfed9c3461e15c8.png

image.png.6ddf949be160d87f048ce7d343fa2fc5.png

image.png.19eddf2e3eb9b28603f329731b2505c2.png

They seem o be burning thru ~10m of cash a year.

So they are basically bus now - assuming theyve a large redundo claim to pay.

hing is, what goes for Cw also goes for all EAs, be they nationwide chain, regional chain or gyles purple-cords.

EAs are not making enough money to fund their business costs. They were scamming tenants to float the whole lot for the last 8 years.

Whats left of EAs will end up on industrail/retail parks, in cheaper real estate and with more parking.

Entire EA rows all other the country will be empty in a few years.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, spygirl said:

They seem o be burning thru ~10m of cash a year.

hing is, what goes for Cw also goes for all EAs, be they nationwide chain, regional chain or gyles purple-cords.

EAs are not making enough money to fund their business costs. They were scamming tenants to float the whole lot for the last 8 years.

Whats left of EAs will end up on industrail/retail parks, in cheaper real estate and with more parking.

Entire EA rows all other the country will be empty in a few years.

Nicely put.Last thing genius learns is simplicity.

Locally Im seeing national chains trying to offer flat rate £750 deals(CW might be one of them) trying to compete with online whilst maintaining bricks n mortar network.Crazy.

I have no sympathy though.Me and Mrs P forked out £600 or so to sign a contract for CW that their office junior photcopied off in the back.

They're parasites and have screwed over working people for a long time.

I'm reminded of a scene in Saving private Ryan metaphorically speaking.

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

They won't be paying this. We will.

And it is never factored in as a contingent liability on the balance sheet or a lot more firms would be zombies.

More comedy....

https://www.yorkshirecoastradio.com/news/local-news/3044326/sirius-board-rules-out-alternative-rescue-package/?fbclid=IwAR1kwh-3Y9LQU2_eQzJbdmm9AFImvE3TyBaDIWMa8gBjDtQorhtJTOKAR1A

Do you want Anglo American to get the benefit of the 2400% valuation uplift
or the existing Sirius Minerals share holders and institutions?

https://fundsirius.com/

Hey kids. Let put on a show and raise $600m to look at pouring another 2.3bln into the mine. By March...

In all the loon fuckwittery on the bbs, ive never heard one of these posters say - Hey, lets engage a mining analysis and see what they think.

Sirius will be out of free cash in a month or two.

• Agree 2