DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

stop_the_craziness

Political dynamite for a landlord to go after Boots at the moment.  All those prescriptions that would have to find a new home.

And I would imagine Boots know that.

Good for them.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Political dynamite for a landlord to go after Boots at the moment.  All those prescriptions that would have to find a new home.

And I would imagine Boots know that.

Good for them.

Telling a job seeker that he has been posted to work at the Boots distribution warehouse is akin to telling him he has been sent to the gulag. Worked with a few who had escaped. Not a nice company to work for since the yanks came in.

• Agree 3

stop_the_craziness
8 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Telling a job seeker that he has been posted to work at the Boots distribution warehouse is akin to telling him he has been sent to the gulag. Worked with a few who had escaped. Not a nice company to work for since the yanks came in.

I didn't know that bit.  So I guess it's just a ruthless scum company vs ruthless scum landlord battle to the death then?

• Agree 2

sancho panza
12 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Dangerous game.

The landlord could just enter the premises and change the locks.

No court order is required.

That the landlord hasn't done this suggests that they really don't want to lose the tenant. 

That'd be an illegal eviction.DOesn't work like that.

But your point remains,if they lose this retialier the chance of finding another sucker is very low indeed

3 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I didn't know that bit.  So I guess it's just a ruthless scum company vs ruthless scum landlord battle to the death then?

Boots is a total waste of high street space from the point of view of a casual customer. I mean really why would you even go into a Boots? The only time I ever do is because it's a short cut out of Bond Street tube station onto Oxford Street.

• Agree 1

Wight Flight
13 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

That'd be an illegal eviction.DOesn't work like that.

But your point remains,if they lose this retialier the chance of finding another sucker is very low indeed

No it wouldn't be.

Commercial leases are very different.

• Informative 1

sancho panza
35 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

No it wouldn't be.

Commercial leases are very different.

thanks for the heads up I was unaware of that.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwifz7yKgOToAhVUuXEKHfrWAX0QFjABegQIDBAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsaracenssolicitors.co.uk%2Fcommercial-litigation%2Fraising-the-roof-forfeiture-of-a-commercial-lease-litigation&usg=AOvVaw1BZbw05con2NiehxsQ2KD2

Virtually all commercial leases have a clause which will entitle the landlord to re-enter the property, re-take possession and change the locks in the case of rent arrears

• Agree 2

Wight Flight
2 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwifz7yKgOToAhVUuXEKHfrWAX0QFjABegQIDBAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsaracenssolicitors.co.uk%2Fcommercial-litigation%2Fraising-the-roof-forfeiture-of-a-commercial-lease-litigation&usg=AOvVaw1BZbw05con2NiehxsQ2KD2

Virtually all commercial leases have a clause which will entitle the landlord to re-enter the property, re-take possession and change the locks in the case of rent arrears

Been there. Got the T Shirt.

10 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Been there. Got the T Shirt.

What happened? It's quite frightening the powers commercial landlords have over their tenants. I believe they can even take control of your stock. No bailiffs or courts, just walk in "gibs me dat" and change the locks.

I came across the comments on this page awhile back, 80 odd pages of cries of help from tenants being fucked over by their commercial landlords... https://www.harrison-drury.com/property-construction/5-things-a-tenant-should-know-about-commercial-leases/comment-page-5/#comments I think the worst one I read was some young woman took on a short lease, built up a thriving cafe after years of hard graft and investing her life savings doing the place up, only to have the landlord evict her at the end of the tenancy and reopen the cafe the next day as their own.

Edited by gibbon
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, sancho panza said:

I keep repeating the same point, in reference to IO BTL mortgages.

Owner OCC mortgages come under consumer regulation, so afluffy lamb can, these days, buy a house to live in, without fear of being gayged, defrauded, lied to.

IOBTL n holiday let's are commercial loans. When push comes to shioe, it's like being in a shark n crocodile tank.

2 hours ago, gibbon said:

What happened? It's quite frightening the powers commercial landlords have over their tenants. I believe they can even take control of your stock. No bailiffs or courts, just walk in "gibs me dat" and change the locks.

I came across the comments on this page awhile back, 80 odd pages of cries of help from tenants being fucked over by their commercial landlords... https://www.harrison-drury.com/property-construction/5-things-a-tenant-should-know-about-commercial-leases/comment-page-5/#comments I think the worst one I read was some young woman took on a short lease, built up a thriving cafe after years of hard graft and investing her life savings doing the place up, only to have the landlord evict her at the end of the tenancy and reopen the cafe the next day as their own.

What find frightening is that anyone would take out a commercial lease.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, gibbon said:

All totally above board. And she should have paid a few k to sit down with a proper commercial lawyer to go thru the pros n cons.

Wight Flight
8 minutes ago, spygirl said:

All totally above board. And she should have paid a few k to sit down with a proper commercial lawyer to go thru the pros n cons.

Yep. Landlord's will always insert a clause saying that the lease is outside of the abc act of 19xx .(I forget the exact term)

That is the act that gives you rollover rights. A very few words that can really screw you over.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Just now, Wight Flight said:

Yep. Landlord's will always insert a clause saying that the lease is outside of the abc act of 19xx .(I forget the exact term)

That is the act that gives you rollover rights. A very few words that can really screw you over.

Law wise, commercial loans n disputes assume both parties are peers.

What that means, in plain talk, is that it assumes both sides fully comprehend the terms, the risk n small print.

So, when fifi uses her dss redundo to open a cat cafe, signing a 20 year lease with megacuntsrus, the court assume she understood everything the LL put in the lease.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

sleepwello'nights
3 hours ago, spygirl said:

What that means, in plain talk, is that it assumes both sides fully comprehend the terms, the risk n small print.

and are equal in terms of bargaining power.

25 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

and are equal in terms of bargaining power.

No, just that they are expect to fully understand the contract.

The legal frame work for commercial disputes doesnt care if it's a one man band v MegaCorp.

The legal framework for consumer finance does.

• Agree 1

On 13/12/2019 at 10:32, spygirl said:

Worthy of its own thread.

Crosses a nubmer of threads - prob fintech lenders, cats, properdee madness.

No TC/UC as they only apear to have fur babies ...

Pay attention to the dates!

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/lifestyle/feline-hungry-scarborough-set-get-its-first-cat-cafe-852481

Feline hungry? Scarborough set to get its first cat cafe

Steampuss Cat Café opens in town centre

Tuesday, 23rd April 2019, 2:00 pm

image.jpg?&width=640

July 14, 2019

https://www.thescarboroughreview.com/news/2019/7/14/steampuss-cat-caf-opens-in-town-centre

Owners Matthew Davenport and Chloe Cotton, who fell in love with Scarborough on a recent holiday, are moving all the way from Cheshire to pursue their dream to open Steampuss at 22 Bar Street.

Matthew said: “Chloe used to be the manager of a coffee shop whereas for me working in a cafe has always been my dream thing to do.

This week:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-steampuss-cat-cafe?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR0s0i5jIxGXCcVnXLNtzMXWZc9vjpY0DWxJ-HxMNaK_Pgm6ZHCZIw0MagI

Steampuss Cat Cafe is a small business run by myself and my partner Chloe, we are a young couple that took a huge risk because we had a dream to bring something exciting to the seaside town of Scarborough and share our love of cats and all animals with others. We have lots of lovely visitors and so much support from what feels like a big family, however unfortunately as you may know we have been really struggling financially since the summer ended and we are in danger of losing everything.

One of the the main reasons we are struggling is the huge cost of our business loan. We took out a loan secured against my parents house with a company that seemed to be trustworthy, however we have since discovered that most of their reviews are fake and we have been conned. The amount we borrowed was 40 thousand pounds and the amount that they want us to repay is 75 thousand pounds. Our monthly repayments on this loan are crippling us and we are trying to raise enough money to pay it off and also raise awareness so that other people perusing their dream don’t fall in to this trap.

Now .... they been going all off ~6 months,

What in fuck did they spend the 40k on FFS?

Ill try and find who they borrowed from. Theres does not appear to be a company, sadly.

Should. Have. Had. Fucking. Kids.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/scarborough-steampuss-owners-lockdown-12-18040579?fbclid=IwAR0YULT1HkyjsA54-0N0BX-n535_FGA3csPLkha4ddWalu9wyKWkj9u4DOM

Their 12 cats have now become full-time residents at the couple's home - and there hasn't been a dull moment since.

"We will often find that Jemima has decided to unravel all the toilet roll, which at the moment is definitely not ideal, and she just rolls around in it, looking dead chuffed with herself," said Matt, 30.

Chloe added: "She even brought it downstairs once to show us what she had caught."

One percent
9 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/scarborough-steampuss-owners-lockdown-12-18040579?fbclid=IwAR0YULT1HkyjsA54-0N0BX-n535_FGA3csPLkha4ddWalu9wyKWkj9u4DOM

Their 12 cats have now become full-time residents at the couple's home - and there hasn't been a dull moment since.

"We will often find that Jemima has decided to unravel all the toilet roll, which at the moment is definitely not ideal, and she just rolls around in it, looking dead chuffed with herself," said Matt, 30.

Chloe added: "She even brought it downstairs once to show us what she had caught."

Ah, so that’s what’s happened to all the stockpiled loo roll. Cat’s toys. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, spygirl said:

That is one of the most tragic/pathetic things I have ever read about

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Loki said:

That is one of the most tragic/pathetic things I have ever read about

I see you dont hang around with many childless, 35+ women.....

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Just now, spygirl said:

I see you dont hang around with many childless, 35+ women.....

And you didn't even have to ask why not xD even as a childless 35 year old man

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, spygirl said:

See they're still begging for money. Surprised they haven't disappeared yet, still give it a few more months. Their crowdfunder, the one where they wanted everyone else to pay off their £75k business loan only raised £955 LOL

Edited by gibbon

leonardratso
1 hour ago, gibbon said:

See they're still begging for money. Surprised they haven't disappeared yet, still give it a few more months. Their crowdfunder, the one where they wanted everyone else to pay off their £75k business loan only raised £955 LOL

really? that much, theres some morons out there eh.

leonardratso

nuff sed. I wonder if i can donate  -£955  - thats minus.

Obviously they need to go to the wall and it should follow them and their parents to the grave. A harsh lesson perhaps, but still a lesson that needs to be taught.

• Agree 2