DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

3 hours ago, gibbon said:

They are everything wrong with my generation really. Grade A soyboy going along with his mrs insane idea to start a fucking vanity business cat cafe because she likes cats. No fucks given whether people in the local area actually want one. Loading up with debt secured again their parents house, then calling the waaaambulance and blaming the "mean" loan company because they don't like the real world of having to pay off your debts, then starting a crowdfunder because they are entitled and feel everyone else should pay it off for them.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-steampuss-cat-cafe

Wankers.

"If you would like to support Steampuss, you can do so by purchasing a gift voucher that can be used once they are able to reopen. To buy one, email [email protected]"

It's tempting to email gibbon's feedback directly to them. Alas, I can't bring myself to do it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, AWW said:

"If you would like to support Steampuss, you can do so by purchasing a gift voucher that can be used once they are able to reopen. To buy one, email [email protected]"

It's tempting to email gibbon's feedback directly to them. Alas, I can't bring myself to do it.

image.thumb.png.16392fc5c76167ef4eaa5251982dfa4e.png

image.thumb.png.4cb002813de79803b9be260b9e7642c3.png

Someone needs to start a deluded business owners thread.

Edited by gibbon
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1

29 minutes ago, gibbon said:

image.thumb.png.16392fc5c76167ef4eaa5251982dfa4e.png

image.thumb.png.4cb002813de79803b9be260b9e7642c3.png

Someone needs to start a deluded business owners thread.

What people don't understand when they set a business like this up is that most people will go once, get the instagram/facebook photos for bragging rights, and then just never go back.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, gibbon said:

They are everything wrong with my generation really. Grade A soyboy going along with his mrs insane idea to start a fucking vanity business cat cafe because she likes cats. No fucks given whether people in the local area actually want one. Loading up with debt secured again their parents house, then calling the waaaambulance and blaming the "mean" loan company because they don't like the real world of having to pay off your debts, then starting a crowdfunder because they are entitled and feel everyone else should pay it off for them.

Wankers.

Yeah I don't wish to be harsh but they fit the stereotype so well - soyboy bloke, obese girlfriend, not a fucking braincell between them, yet access to huge amounts of credit.

This cafe is our whole life, without this we lose our home, my mother and father lose their homes, we have no jobs, we will be bankrupt.

Fucking hell....

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 7

They're sure going for this year's Economic Darwin Award, though it's early days.

Reminds me of some bint opening a dessert shop (cakes, ice creams, and other sweet stuff mostly aimed at kids) in a scummy end of town after obviously zero market research just some whimsical dream of doing something a bit different to the typical cupcake business, but with no real space for more than a couple of tables to eat in. I don't think it even lasted 3 months before it inevitably closed for good. Absolute bonkers idea.

One positive of the economic impact of the virus is that surely there will be less cheap/easy credit for morons to trash their lives over poorly thought out ventures.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, gibbon said:

Wankers.

Outrageous racism, sexism n gender whatnoting.

Cat cafe owners cone in all shapes sizes n genders. It's not just mental wimmin n beardy cuck blokes.

https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/lifestyle/eating-out/eastbournes-first-ever-cat-cafe-opens-heres-what-its-931709

image.jpg?crop=982:524,smart&width=990

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26437881

_73397332_73397331.jpg

https://www.jusnews.net/its-a-niche-within-a-niche-cat-cafe-opens-in-sheffield-city-centre/

Snapseed-1-1024x784.jpg

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/kittens-steal-show-gloucestershires-first-3158289

0_EW_GLO_270719cats_004JPG.jpg

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/416380/Purrfect-Britain-s-first-cat-cafe-opens-in-England-s-Narnia

cat_cafe3-416380.jpg

Japan has now moved on.

https://soranews24.com/2020/01/30/japans-first-ever-capybara-cat-cafe-opens-in-tokyo/

capybara-cat-cafe-japan-capy-neko-kichij

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

South African Airways on the Brink (as in, won't make it to Monday).

They've been in 'trouble' for at least 12 months, and Covid-19 has pushed them over.  And they're not the only ones.

• Informative 1

Transistor Man
3 hours ago, dgul said:

South African Airways on the Brink (as in, won't make it to Monday).

They've been in 'trouble' for at least 12 months, and Covid-19 has pushed them over.  And they're not the only ones.

They have been in trouble for years, but they’re still state owned, I believe.

sancho panza
18 minutes ago, Transistor Man said:

They have been in trouble for years, but they’re still state owned, I believe.

There are political connections that have kept them afloat.As far as I can see,there is no need for them.

TheCountOfNowhere
1 hour ago, sancho panza said:

Surely you kid, son.

6 minutes ago, lid said:

Are they a local retailer? Not heard of them. Then again i hadn't heard of Boyes and Proudfoot until I went to Scarborough

Shit flowery girly bags and tat. 

36 minutes ago, lid said:

Are they a local retailer? Not heard of them. Then again i hadn't heard of Boyes and Proudfoot until I went to Scarborough

Proud foot could have been Tescos. Got stuck with a handful of supermarkets.

Boyes' is going great, almost reach London.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, lid said:

Pretty much every company that has gone bust so far including Carluccio's I hadn't heard of, Cath Kidson was a head scratch too, I am too busy paying taxes to go consuming in city centres. The parking / one-way council fiasco over the last few years has meant the odd trip became a never trip.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Pretty much every company that has gone bust so far including Carluccio's I hadn't heard of, Cath Kidson was a head scratch too, I am too busy paying taxes to go consuming in city centres. The parking / one-way council fiasco over the last few years has meant the odd trip became a never trip.

There is (was) a Carluccios within walking distance of our house. Had a meal there once with the in laws. It was ok but we didn't go back again. All a bit soulless. In any case we tend to dine in the family owned eateries where you get much better value for money and can chat away to the chef/owner.

Fucking hell I've just seen about that cat cafe. They look late 30s so their parents must be retired or close to it, who borrows 40 GRAND against their parents house? That's completely out of order.

• Agree 6