DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

14 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

No, their creditors are

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/18537750.go-outdoors-rescued-administration-jobs-saved/

Debt wins every time

How is this even legal ?

It is such an odd system.  'Bankruptcy' certainly wasn't designed to work this way.

You'd think there'd be a 'sniff test' that would render 'mucking about' in this way null and void. 

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
13 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

IKEA launch investigation into illegal logging in supply chain.

That is a bollocks, sensationalist, piece of crap typical of Channel4 whose fuckwit journalists fail to realise as there are typically 300 to 400 mature trees per acre so their claim of thousands could be as small as 10 acres, basically the amount of land a secondary school sits on.

These media organisations should really be dragged over the coals for politically motivated point scoring crap like this.

Edit:- Handy trees per acre reference material for spackered journalists.

https://bugwoodcloud.org/bugwood/productivity/pdfs/Jx_WOODLAND_MANAGEMENT_Trees_per_Acre_Spacing_Dist_CODER_2017.pdf

Edited by Chewing Grass
Underpinning of trees per acre
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Non-Sophisticated Investor goes on the rampage at shopping centre as share price drops, demands to speak to a manager after losing his shirt 3 ways.

Smashes computer up.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/angry-man-goes-rampage-trafford-18466150

I can't imagine how he thought this would improve the share price.

1 hour ago, dgul said:

I can't imagine how he thought this would improve the share price.

Speaking as someone who followed the Sirius minerals BBs up til it was bought out at 5p..... they dont think.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

That is a bollocks, sensationalist, piece of crap typical of Channel4 whose fuckwit journalists fail to realise as there are typically 300 to 400 mature trees per acre so their claim of thousands could be as small as 10 acres, basically the amount of land a secondary school sits on.

OMG, I can't believe you actually watched it!

TheCountOfNowhere

It seems house prices are going to collapse.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-8439597/Mortgage-crunch-banks-axe-90-10-deals-lockdown.html

Banks risk a mortgage credit crunch as 90% of small deposit home loans are axed in lockdown - a steeper fall than during the financial crisis

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-8439597/Mortgage-crunch-banks-axe-90-10-deals-lockdown.html

Banks risk a mortgage credit crunch as 90% of small deposit home loans are axed in lockdown - a steeper fall than during the financial crisis

Just in time as the first HTBers try to remortgage and discover they have zilch equity, so have to stay on the HTB mortgage lenders SVR PLUS pay back the 'free' money.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

39 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

So does that mean we have a credit crunch in place comparible to the 2008 crunch?

4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

When I was a kid ....

All jobs connected to airplanes were well paid with lucrative benefits.

I think a bin sweeper earns more than most now.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

So does that mean we have a credit crunch in place comparible to the 2008 crunch?

We never had a credit crunch.

That was spin by all Browns media plants.

It was a large recession. Its that simple.

What we've seen since 2008 is banks lending less n less money.

Mortgage lending never recovered after 2008. Hardly surprising as 80% of UK banks by lending went bust.

This is just another crank down by the UK finsec.

I'd *love* to see a break down of mortgage lending - amounts n number of mortgages - by post code, just the first bit - eg yo22.

My guess that there are some areas where mortgage lending has stopped.

• Informative 1

TheCountOfNowhere
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

Only for the people.  The 2008 crunch was the banks having no access to money.

They said you can't lose on pwopatee....the reality is...you can't lose on fwee money from your central banker mates

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

Just in time as the first HTBers try to remortgage and discover they have zilch equity, so have to stay on the HTB mortgage lenders SVR PLUS pay back the 'free' money.

Exactly,SVR in a rising rate cycle and interest on the free loan.They will never be able to re-mortgage to take the government bit into the mortgage.The worry is we get some kind of government bailout,or leaning on some banks to offer negative equity products.

• Agree 1

Democorruptcy
On 18/06/2020 at 22:24, TheCountOfNowhere said:

How does £2bn go missing? 

Its ponzi time...

It's not piles of cash on the floor you know. That £2bn is only a "2" in the billion column. I had a £150 discrepancy in my spreadsheet on Sunday but I've found it today.

• Lol 1

sancho panza
5 hours ago, spygirl said:

Intersting that as below from the counts article.

We found:

• The number of 95% LTV mortgages was down 96%
  • The number of 90% LTV mortgages was down 90% 
  • The number of 85% mortgages was down 49% 
  • The number of 80% mortgages was down 20% 

The decline in the 90 per cent loan-to-value mortgage market, seen as a key territory for first-time buyers, outstrips the drop in the year that the credit crunch and financial crisis hit. 

Between August 2007 and August 2008, 90 per cent loan-to-value mortgages on offer declined 43 per cent.