DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

What's going to collapse next...

TheCountOfNowhere

" The fast fashion retailer, which has just a few stores in the UK, filed for bankruptcy thanks to the growth in online retailers such as Amazon. "

What the hell? Amazon doesn't sell clothes on any sort of scale.

Although they do sell Fruit of the Loom stuff quite cheap, but that's about it. To be honest I'm surprised Bezos hasn't moved into online fashion.

On 11/11/2019 at 21:23, spunko said:

" The fast fashion retailer, which has just a few stores in the UK, filed for bankruptcy thanks to the growth in online retailers such as Amazon. "

What the hell? Amazon doesn't sell clothes on any sort of scale.

Although they do sell Fruit of the Loom stuff quite cheap, but that's about it. To be honest I'm surprised Bezos hasn't moved into online fashion.

I believe they have analysed it but the returns rate for fashion is quite high, and the Amazon delivery chains aren't set up for mass returns.  

• Agree 2

On 12/11/2019 at 01:38, Andersen said:

British Steel has had a £1.2Bn cash injection from a Chinese firm, several months after going into receivership https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50369413

Is there a simple way to keep track of which "British" companies have been sold off to overseas buyers? If not, there should be o.O 

Simply check to see if the name starts with "British" 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, wherebee said:

I believe they have analysed it but the returns rate for fashion is quite high, and the Amazon delivery chains aren't set up for mass returns.  

There is a very simple solution, in my opinion, to reduce returns for clothing purchased online.

The description of a garment should include specific and detailed measurements ....chest, waist, sleeve length etc for each size rather than a general size chart for all garments.

Of course a small returns charge will probably need to be implemented also to encourage and train people to measure a similar well fitting garment they own to ascertain if the one they want to buy will fit.

I’ve bought second hand clothing for years and if a seller doesn’t provide measurements for a garment I’m interested in then I ask  for them. It’s saved me money over the years by avoiding buying items that I know won’t fit me.

Edited by Van Lady

51 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I am/was confused, sort of.  I guess this crystallises durhamborns transport sector into people moving rather than goods

Which if the consumer is tapped out makes sense

Am I on the right track?

30 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

Chilango’s. One of my old work colleagues invested enough to get a free burrito a week. He didn’t listen to me.

https://www.cityam.com/exclusive-questions-over-chilangos-future-after-burrito-chain-calls-in-restructuring-firm-rsm/

Oh come on, you have to tell us what the 'free' burritos actually ended costing.  I think even a dunce like me could do the sums for thatxD

56 minutes ago, spygirl said:

candal-hit trucking firm Eddie Stobart Logistics has been forced to accept an emergency high-interest loan to avoid a  collapse before Christmas that would put more than 6,500 jobs at risk.

Sounds like they've found a solution that moves the collapse from before to after Christmas.

12 minutes ago, dgul said:

Sounds like they've found a solution that moves the collapse from before to after Christmas.

I can't scoff at them for this.  If some mug wants to lend them money at whatever interest rate they feel makes up for the risk, families get a Christmas 2019.  I don't care about merchants losing their shirts on this. Fuck em.

Just now, Loki said:

I can't scoff at them for this.  If some mug wants to lend them money at whatever interest rate they feel makes up for the risk, families get a Christmas 2019.  I don't care about merchants losing their shirts on this. Fuck em.

Better to have a shitty Christmas than to get made redundant just as the credit card bills come in.

Just now, dgul said:

Better to have a shitty Christmas than to get made redundant just as the credit card bills come in.

Well no not really. Better would be to have a functioning economy. :/

25 minutes ago, Loki said:

I am/was confused, sort of.  I guess this crystallises durhamborns transport sector into people moving rather than goods

Which if the consumer is tapped out makes sense

Am I on the right track?

Oh come on, you have to tell us what the 'free' burritos actually ended costing.  I think even a dunce like me could do the sums for thatxD

Eddie Stobbarts is nuts.

Total bunch of loons.

• Lol 1

11 hours ago, Van Lady said:

There is a very simple solution, in my opinion, to reduce returns for clothing purchased online.

The description of a garment should include specific and detailed measurements ....chest, waist, sleeve length etc for each size rather than a general size chart for all garments.

Of course a small returns charge will probably need to be implemented also to encourage and train people to measure a similar well fitting garment they own to ascertain if the one they want to buy will fit.

I’ve bought second hand clothing for years and if a seller doesn’t provide measurements for a garment I’m interested in then I ask  for them. It’s saved me money over the years by avoiding buying items that I know won’t fit me.

But, especially for women, many people are not honest about their measurements, order/buy something, then admit that it is too small, and decide to return it.  Accuracy of sizing is useful, but doesn't eliminate in my view a large reason (pun intended) for returns.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Loki said:

Apparently 10k😲

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Loki said:

Why? xD

God. Too mnay to mention.

Its hard to google as theres so much fuckwittery related to Stobbart.

They appointed an idiot CEO.

They cant do their sums.

There entire executive management seems to have been in the same year special needs class in Carlisle.

Everything.

For some reason, they kept gettig money, had alisting, were famous for their trucks.

1 hour ago, Dogtania said:

Apparently 10k😲

I physically winced at that!

26 minutes ago, spygirl said:

God. Too mnay to mention.

Its hard to google as theres so much fuckwittery related to Stobbart.

They appointed an idiot CEO.

They cant do their sums.

There entire executive management seems to have been in the same year special needs class in Carlisle.

Everything.

For some reason, they kept gettig money, had alisting, were famous for their trucks.

It will be another big name disappearing when they do go under.  I wonder what firms will take over from them

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

I physically winced at that!

It will be another big name disappearing when they do go under.  I wonder what firms will take over from them

None, bar who was stupid enough to lend them money.

12 hours ago, Castlevania said:

Chilango’s. One of my old work colleagues invested enough to get a free burrito a week. He didn’t listen to me.

https://www.cityam.com/exclusive-questions-over-chilangos-future-after-burrito-chain-calls-in-restructuring-firm-rsm/

Let me guess.

Middle class uni types with floppy hair.

Looking ot get into fast food ....... wanting their friends n family to invest.

My kids love TacoBell -its really good.

Costas about 6/quid a meal. So thats about ~1400 meals worth.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Let me guess.

Middle class uni types with floppy hair.

Looking ot get into fast food ....... wanting their friends n family to invest.

My kids love TacoBell -its really good.

Costas about 6/quid a meal. So thats about ~1400 meals worth.

They’re very expensive. I think it’s £7 for a chicken burrito. £8 for pork or beef. Plus £1.50 for guacamole. The free burrito essentially enhances the yield from 8% to 12% if you get one each week. I still told him it wasn’t worth the return. They didn’t seem to make any money despite being very busy whenever I passed one of their branches. I thought they’d struggle in a downturn. Seems to be happening sooner than I expected.

Edited by Castlevania

13 hours ago, Loki said:

£10k. If they collapsed tomorrow anyone who bought the burrito bond and invested £10k might have received one coupon and ~30 “free” burritos. So ~£320 a burrito.

• Lol 1